Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 890 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 709 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Got the email about the signed Concordance. Stoopid question.....signed by who?
    Robin Furth

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Got the email about the signed Concordance. Stoopid question.....signed by who?
    Robin Furth
    Thanks!

...pass...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're paying more for the production quality of the book rather than the signature. If you have the first S/L, you know CD makes high quality books.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I know that! I was just looking at my order history on cemeterydance.com the other day and have already spent waaaaaaaaaaay too much on books and have close to a dozen books on order that I won't see for a while. 'Sides, that Shining s/l and the Max Brooks and McCammon books have pretty much wiped me out for a while

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    The Post Office gives us two options, both of which aren't doing us and our Non-US customers any favors.

First-Class Package International Service is the slower, "less" expensive option. It can only be used on packages that are 4 lbs or less.

The other option, Priority Mail International, is the option we're given for packages that are more than 4 lbs. (Well, technically, there are EVEN MORE expensive and slightly faster options.)

I haven't actually seen what the new rates are coming in at, and they'll only apply to new orders, so if you ordered something in December, for example, and pre-paid the postage, we'll make up the difference.

I'm strongly recommending to our customers in Europe that they talk to PS Publishing for their orders if the cost of postage is becoming too much of a barrier for them to add our books to their collections. All we can do is pass along the increases when the Post Office charges us more, and we *definitely* understand the frustration our customers feel when it comes to postage.

If anyone knows of any independent booksellers in Canada who carry US small presses, please feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to find a good place to put our Canadian customers, too, for "local" service.

Brian
    Thanks Brian.

One last query re shipping costs, at times I order similar sized books (talking the oversized slipcased edition, say SOD for example) from ebay, and when it is a personal seller (ie not an online store etc), they seem to have accss to cheaper shipping than what I encounter from CD and other publishers direct.

Is this due to commercial book sellers having restricted access to shipping options or something?

Cheers
    James
    I actually have no idea. I've seen cheap shipping from other sellers, but I don't know exactly how they afford to offer those rates. Our rates come from the USPS's system and we charge what we're charged. For example, if I run a 4 pound "package" from the US to the UK, I come up with these rates:

USPS GXG™ Envelopes** $89.40
    Express MailŪ International $63.10
    Express MailŪ International Flat Rate Boxes $79.95
    Priority MailŪ International $53.55
    Priority MailŪ International Large Flat Rate Box, USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2", $77.95
    USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", $59.95
    Priority MailŪ International Small Flat Rate Box, USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8", $23.95
    $23.95
    First-Class Package International Service, $38.95

That "Small Flat Rate Box" is cheaper, but we have very few products (if any) that could be safely shipped in a 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" box.

I know how the BIG sellers ship cheaply overseas (they eat some of the cost OR they get special rates based on volume) but I don't know how a smaller seller can ship for less than the posted rates. If anyone has an inside track on that info, I think everyone would appreciate it!

Brian

P.S. One thing we've tried for a few customers, with extremely mixed results, is shipping to a US based reshipper who will collect all of the customer's packages for a few months and then send the customer one big box. That has to be arranged by the customer, and once the packages leave our building, we cannot be responsible for damage once the items reach the reshipper's warehouse, damage at that warehouse, or damage when the items are re-shipped to you. (This has gone VERY badly for several customers in the past, so we cannot recommend it. Items were lost or stolen by the reshipper, etc.)

OUCH... i have no idea...... but i want my monthly CD-books... so last possibility i have to move over to the states...

I must think about it...

Default A Note About "Checking" Inventory Levels On Small Press Websites

This came up in The Shining thread, so I thought I'd mention it here, too. People are going to the Subterranean Press website and adding hundreds of copies of The Shining to their cart because the cart then tells you how many copies you've gone over the number available. So if there are 100 copies left, and you enter 200 in your cart, the system will then tell you there are 100 copies left. Unless, of course, Subterranean Press didn't put all of their inventory in the system at the same time, or there are inventory problems...

Please note that our website doesn't work this way, so if we ever have another big SK announcement, if you try this on our site, all you'll be doing is slowing down the site.... and maybe accidentally ordering 200 copies of the Lettered Edition on your credit card.

Just thought you'd like to know!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This came up in The Shining thread, so I thought I'd mention it here, too. People are going to the Subterranean Press website and adding hundreds of copies of The Shining to their cart because the cart then tells you how many copies you've gone over the number available. So if there are 100 copies left, and you enter 200 in your cart, the system will then tell you there are 100 copies left. Unless, of course, Subterranean Press didn't put all of their inventory in the system at the same time, or there are inventory problems...

Please note that our website doesn't work this way, so if we ever have another big SK announcement, if you try this on our site, all you'll be doing is slowing down the site.... and maybe accidentally ordering 200 copies of the Lettered Edition on your credit card.

Brian

"if" we ever have another big SK announcement........

Uh-huh.....

Thanks Brian!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I keep NOT getting the email newsletters from CD and I've resubscribed twice.
    Sorry to hear that! Please drop me a line via email and I'll check your email subscription for you! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Brian
    Of course I post that today and then I did get the Concordance email announcement! I'll keep an eye on my spam folder to make sure it isn't going there.

Already have my order in for the revised Concordance. I've been thinking the last few weeks that I wanted to hunt down the original S/L since I missed it when it was still in print, so the timing on this is good.
    The Concordance email wasn't an actual newsletter. It's run through our order management system, which is a separate system / subscription. So if you didn't get yesterday's newsletter about World War Z being close to sold out, you probably aren't receiving the regular newsletter for some reason.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Brian

"if" we ever have another big SK announcement........

Uh-huh.....

Thanks Brian!
    What SK-book is going to be announced ???

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A 200 Lettered Edition... see post #5204

JK

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

JK
    I would make it 208 if I were them. Then it could go from A to ZZZZZZZZ.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

JK
    I always feel a little weird when I see publishers going up to 78 or 104 for their Lettered Editions. It's not common with horror small presses, but I've seen some suspense/mystery editions like that.

Given the number of requests we get for #666 on any project (a handful for a new author, several dozen for Stephen King books), I have to wonder how many people would ask for copy XXX for each Lettered Edition...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

JK
    I always feel a little weird when I see publishers going up to 78 or 104 for their Lettered Editions. It's not common with horror small presses, but I've seen some suspense/mystery editions like that.

Given the number of requests we get for #666 on any project (a handful for a new author, several dozen for Stephen King books), I have to wonder how many people would ask for copy XXX for each Lettered Edition...

Brian
    I was thinking we start lettering with obscure symbols. Ą ŋ Æ ™ ‡ †

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I was thinking we start lettering with obscure symbols. Ą ŋ Æ ™ ‡ †
    This is copy ∑ of ∂∂.

Brian

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'd like to request ∞.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'd like to request ∞.
    Nice choice!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

After the revised Concordance S/L, I predict the next King related CD release will be a S/L of Bev's new book.
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'd like to request ∞.
    Nice choice!
    Agree. That would be a good one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Forget "PC" I want copy "GC"

Spoiler:
    God's Copy

Country
    Country Flag

Gan's Copy?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Spoiler:
    God's Copy
    I'M SORRY THAT ONE IS ALREADY TAKEN
    Spoiler:
    YE SHALL NOT TOUCH MY BOOKS

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Spoiler:
    God's Copy
    I'M SORRY THAT ONE IS ALREADY TAKEN
    Spoiler:
    YE SHALL NOT TOUCH MY BOOKS

It is taken. By God.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't God's copy be lettered Alpha Omega?
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    The Post Office gives us two options, both of which aren't doing us and our Non-US customers any favors.

First-Class Package International Service is the slower, "less" expensive option. It can only be used on packages that are 4 lbs or less.

The other option, Priority Mail International, is the option we're given for packages that are more than 4 lbs. (Well, technically, there are EVEN MORE expensive and slightly faster options.)

I haven't actually seen what the new rates are coming in at, and they'll only apply to new orders, so if you ordered something in December, for example, and pre-paid the postage, we'll make up the difference.

I'm strongly recommending to our customers in Europe that they talk to PS Publishing for their orders if the cost of postage is becoming too much of a barrier for them to add our books to their collections. All we can do is pass along the increases when the Post Office charges us more, and we *definitely* understand the frustration our customers feel when it comes to postage.

If anyone knows of any independent booksellers in Canada who carry US small presses, please feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to find a good place to put our Canadian customers, too, for "local" service.

Brian
    Thanks Brian.

One last query re shipping costs, at times I order similar sized books (talking the oversized slipcased edition, say SOD for example) from ebay, and when it is a personal seller (ie not an online store etc), they seem to have accss to cheaper shipping than what I encounter from CD and other publishers direct.

Is this due to commercial book sellers having restricted access to shipping options or something?

Cheers
    James
    In my experience, many people do not use the single best method for shipping overseas--Flat-Rate Priority bubble mailers. It's $17 to ship anywhere worldwide.
    They only work for items 4 pounds or less, and they are an envelope so one must take care in packaging to prevent damage. Very large books will not fit in them though.

And for anyone bashing the USPS cost... check out UPS and Fedex International. Their prices are much higher.

What sucks about the U.S. International shipping is that we don't have a surface mail option that many countries do. We have Airmail only.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All this talk about new king items and shipping nearly made me forget that tomorrow is February (well over here it will be)

Is anyone else excited about The 40th Anniversary Edition of The Exorcist?!?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 890 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 709 ... LastLast