Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 890 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Sounds like a couple of people have the perfect excuse for a specific display case designed for a handful of awesome books....
    If there actually is a need for this & if it's ship-able, I'm open to discussion............
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I see that Charnel House has a new offering, and they in fact had to make it two volumes each 7.5" x 10.5". Perhaps buyers have come to expect a case, but I love talking about making books.
    I'm not sure to what book you are referring. If you are talking about Power's HIDE ME AMONG THE GRAVES I think when he states "two unique handbound editions" he means there is a lettered and a numbered state....not two volumes per state. Or maybe I am misreading the listing.
    For the lettered edition ($1.5K) the listing is less than clear. It states (bold lettering done by me) "...Two unique handbound editions designed with elements from the novel: Gabriel Rossetti buried his wife, Lizzie, with the notebook containing all his poetry. After exhuming her body, the book had to be peeled out of her hands, her nails having grown in to the cover of the book.
    26 Lettered Copies:
    This is a fictitiously designed reproduction of Rossetti’s exhumed notebook: Three-quarter brown Morocco leather spine stamped in 22kt gold. Handmade paper boards with fingernail gouges
    $1,500.00

Each copy is signed by the author. 7.5 x 10.5 inches"
    Even if it is one copy, the idea presented was that CD could consider doing a King lettered edition (if they ever do another book) without a massive case, or perhaps without a case at all. Put all of the $ spent on cases into the actual production of the book."

It's just something to talk about-more fun than debate.
    I would be interested in hearing your suggestions.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    I wasn't aware of your binding thickness capacity. Just food for thought and ideas to bounce around. What's the largest size book Charnel House has done; and did it come with a case?
    There was also the option of printing the book in two volumes, which I thought was an interesting concept, but that wasn't the preferred direction after getting feedback from everyone involved.

Feedback is always appreciated. You never know what ideas it might spark for the next project!

Brian
    I imagine that two volumes will be the only option available for the Lettered edition of Century's Best Horror Fiction, no? Any thoughts on how you guys are going to tackle that one in terms of the case?
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    I imagine that two volumes will be the only option available for the Lettered edition of Century's Best Horror Fiction, no? Any thoughts on how you guys are going to tackle that one in terms of the case?
    The people who designed the IT traycase for us have an idea for a hybrid slipcase/traycase to hold both books. The sketches look pretty cool. We'll have to see if it actually works!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

We may have forgotten to post this here, but we're doing a 13 Days of Halloween, Short Story, eBook promotion this year. Check it out!

CLICK HERE for more info

I agree, one of the nicest I have seen from CD, I just meant shrinking the book Height x Width (obviously thicker) so that even in the box it is not larger than The Stand.
    Funny you mentioned that edition... I forgot we had a copy coming to the office today:

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky you-or whomever is the recipient. Still my favorite King S/L.

Lucky you-or whomever is the recipient. Still my favorite King S/L.
    We sold a really nice collection for a local customer this month and this is part of the last batch. I think the buyer is going to be very pleased.

Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I do that love that edition.
    One day.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian and Dan! Woud it be possible to get an update on how the S/L of Pure by Julianna Baggott is proceeding? Many thanks!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Should really post this here as well. (About IT Lettered):

I actually prefer the book without the dustjacket. It shows the quality materials used in the process. Thanks go to CD for another great production.

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Hi Brian and Dan! Woud it be possible to get an update on how the S/L of Pure by Julianna Baggott is proceeding? Many thanks!
    Yep, the signature sheets are back and proofreading is almost done, so it will be published this winter!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Yep, the signature sheets are back and proofreading is almost done, so it will be published this winter!

Brian
    Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the S/L!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I thought I'd spread the free review copy love around. We have a ton of review copies that where sent to us to be reviewed for the magazine, and we've decided to give them away. Head over to our message board for more details on how to receive a free copy.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?1566

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got one. I think it is a black cover "It".....

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That IT book is beautiful but I don't know what I'd do with it...I'm already very nervous handling the Gift Edition as it is.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian or Dan, could you explain how your lifetime lettered subscriptions were done? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Hey Brian or Dan, could you explain how your lifetime lettered subscriptions were done? Thanks.
    Sure, what question(s) do you have?

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious how it all worked: was it a one time fee and buyers are sent books as they were released? Did the members pay a fee and then get the books on a discount? Or do they get first refusal on lettereds?

Just curious how it all worked: was it a one time fee and buyers are sent books as they were released? Did the members pay a fee and then get the books on a discount? Or do they get first refusal on lettereds?
    It was a one time fee and buyers are sent the books as they're produced. Non-US Lettered Edition lifers pay shipping on each batch due to the cost of postage.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

So basically they are receiving books for free? I wish I was around for that deal.

So basically they are receiving books for free? I wish I was around for that deal.
    Well, they took a risk when the deal was offered, so the books are the return on their investment.

A lot of collectors have lost money on lifetime deals with small presses over the last 20 years. A new small press pops up with the best of intentions, sells lifetime deals to get things rolling, and then publishes a book or two before they discover how hard it really is to successfully launch a small press and keep it running.

I used to have a list of all of the horror small presses that had announced books and then gone out of business since 1997, when I first started collecting, but I lost it a few years ago. It was a fairly depressing list, though. At least 100 presses on it.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

In hindsight the deal is awesome and at this point is probably worth thousands, considering the titles and quality of books you have put out over the years. Still, I wish I was around back then.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was offered (years ago, perhaps 12+ years) the lifetime deal. It was several thousand dollars, and quite frankly I passed because at the time CD was IMO, a fledgling, habitually late, and on the verge of collapsing small press. Those that bought in are now very lucky individuals, but they took a huge risk and helped a company that at the time really seemed to need capitol to continue to exist. They certainly aren't getting "free books". They paid for them in advance.

quite frankly I passed because at the time CD was IMO, a fledgling, habitually late, and on the verge of collapsing small press.
    Yep, people have been saying that about us for 24 years now. You bet wrong, I think.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 890 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 696 ... LastLast