Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 769 of 889 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769 770 771 779 819 869 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,225 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    On a slightly unrelated note, Brian, the cover of your latest Patreon chapbook is freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    On a slightly unrelated note, Brian, the cover of your latest Patreon chapbook is freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!
    Agreed! As long as he works for Richard, we can say what we want about him here
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A huge shout out to Dan and Mindy who pulled my Sleeping Beauties lettered out of the shipping pile so that the address could be changed at the very last minute!! I know it is not easy to do when you have the packing and shipping machine rolling so I do appreciate it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    A huge shout out to Dan and Mindy who pulled my Sleeping Beauties lettered out of the shipping pile so that the address could be changed at the very last minute!! I know it is not easy to do when you have the packing and shipping machine rolling so I do appreciate it.
    No problem. It's fairly easy to do with lettered editions as there aren't all that many orders to look through. Luckily it hadn't been packed yet when I got the email.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone get a Lettered Beauties they want to sell?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My lettered sleeping beauties arrived and its TOO BIG for the book case. I raised the shelves for GBB, but the length of Sleeping Beauties does not allow the door to shut if you put the spine facing out. I have IKEA shelved with the glass doors. I just need the slipcase to be 1/4 of inch smaller.

IS SB the same size as some of the other lettered books from CD?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    My lettered sleeping beauties arrived and its TOO BIG for the book case. I raised the shelves for GBB, but the length of Sleeping Beauties does not allow the door to shut if you put the spine facing out. I have IKEA shelved with the glass doors. I just need the slipcase to be 1/4 of inch smaller.

It's similar in size to Doctor Sleep and the IT lettered editions. IT is actually a bit wider and Doctor Sleep isn't quite as wide. But all 3 are roughly the same height and slightly varying thicknesses with SB being the thickest. SOD I and II lettereds are significantly taller / widers but similar in thickness. Buick, FDNS, and Dark Man are completely different tray case designs.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try this:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wo...%80%93-safely/

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

It's similar in size to Doctor Sleep and the IT lettered editions. IT is actually a bit wider and Doctor Sleep isn't quite as wide. But all 3 are roughly the same height and slightly varying thicknesses with SB being the thickest. SOD I and II lettereds are significantly taller / widers but similar in thickness. Buick, FDNS, and Dark Man are completely different tray case designs.
    It's a beautiful edition but I'm not a fan of the HUGE tray cases. Just because it's lettered doesn't mean it has to be bigger, save the $$$ and make a nicer slipcase, paper stock, end papers, artwork etc....

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

It's a beautiful edition but I'm not a fan of the HUGE tray cases. Just because it's lettered doesn't mean it has to be bigger, save the $$$ and make a nicer slipcase, paper stock, end papers, artwork etc....
    We're pretty much doing that already. You can't really get nicer paper stock and end papers than what we're using, art is subjective, and while the cases are big I personally think they're very nice.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We're pretty much doing that already. You can't really get nicer paper stock and end papers than what we're using, art is subjective, and while the cases are big I personally think they're very nice.
    I rarely quibble with you guys, and I agree that the cases are very nice (if large)!

But I disagree about the endpapers - I would love to see Cemetery Dance upgrade from printed endpapers to true hand-marbled endpapers. There's a huge difference, both aesthetic and tactile. I'm also biased a bit, here, because for whatever reason, I'm really into endpapers, especially marbled ones, and I always cringe a little when I open a nice book with "marbled" endpapers only to find out that they are printed. For the lower-budget books, I get it! I don't expect the endpapers from the Graveyard Editions to be hand-marbled (I say that because I'm holding the newest one here, and I love the whole aesthetic of the series as well as the nice prices). But for a big budget item, that little extra touch would go a long way

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I rarely quibble with you guys, and I agree that the cases are very nice (if large)!

But I disagree about the endpapers - I would love to see Cemetery Dance upgrade from printed endpapers to true hand-marbled endpapers. There's a huge difference, both aesthetic and tactile. I'm also biased a bit, here, because for whatever reason, I'm really into endpapers, especially marbled ones, and I always cringe a little when I open a nice book with "marbled" endpapers only to find out that they are printed. For the lower-budget books, I get it! I don't expect the endpapers from the Graveyard Editions to be hand-marbled (I say that because I'm holding the newest one here, and I love the whole aesthetic of the series as well as the nice prices). But for a big budget item, that little extra touch would go a long way
    EDIT: So I've gone back and checked my notes on this one, and you're right these were printed. We didn't have much of a choice though, our supplier couldn't get us the quantities / colors we needed for this one so we ended up having to settle for printed marbled endpapers. It's just been so long since we went over all of this that no one remembered until we went digging.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

EDIT: So I've gone back and checked my notes on this one, and you're right these were printed. We didn't have much of a choice though, our supplier couldn't get us the quantities / colors we needed for this one so we ended up having to settle for printed marbled endpapers. It's just been so long since we went over all of this that no one remembered until we went digging.
    I sometimes don't think about the large supply chain that publishers rely on, and how disruptions in that chain result in changes of plans. I'm happy that your heart was in the right place and that the goal was to have hand-marbled papers, even if it didn't pan out

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome that you guys take criticism/suggestions well. Great to see. It shows the desire to make the books as nice as you can for us.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

If I may put in my 2 cents, would also love to see CD move away from that 'cushion' look for future lettered. That would reduce size and save $$ for other nice things Sentinel said. (Japanese silk..cough,cough)
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

If I may put in my 2 cents, would also love to see CD move away from that 'cushion' look for future lettered. That would reduce size and save $$ for other nice things Sentinel said. (Japanese silk..cough,cough)
    I think the problem is that at the end of the day you can't really please everyone. While some people don't like the bigger cases there are definitely people who do. On top of that we've already kinda established a style for our SK lettered editions, and inevitably there are people that would see the change as a downgrade or us cutting costs. That's not to say that we couldn't try something else in the future, just trying to explain some of the reasoning for why we have continued to make them this way (other than the fact that we like them and we're also out to make books that we like).

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I think the problem is that at the end of the day you can't really please everyone. While some people don't like the bigger cases there are definitely people who do. On top of that we've already kinda established a style for our SK lettered editions, and inevitably there are people that would see the change as a downgrade or us cutting costs. That's not to say that we couldn't try something else in the future, just trying to explain some of the reasoning for why we have continued to make them this way (other than the fact that we like them and we're also out to make books that we like).
    Well, I am certainly happy with the sizes of the Doubleday year Lettereds (so far). I wouldn't complain if non-doubleday year lettereds were the same size.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well, I am certainly happy with the sizes of the Doubleday year Lettereds (so far). I wouldn't complain if non-doubleday year lettereds were the same size.
    FLIGHT OR FRIGHT will be in that size range, but a totally different presentation and case.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian, Dan,

Just wanted to confirm the lettered SB was sent requiring a signature for delivery? Mine will arive in the next 5 hours, but I won't be home, so just wondering if I need to be worried about someone stealing it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Hi Brian, Dan,

Just wanted to confirm the lettered SB was sent requiring a signature for delivery? Mine will arive in the next 5 hours, but I won't be home, so just wondering if I need to be worried about someone stealing it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I can't confirm that. It definitely depends on the shipping method. USPS I can't actually select that as an option. UPS / FedEx have that option for us but in my experience there's a 50/50 chance that they'll just ignore it for residential addresses. I did ask "other Dan" to enable it where he could, but A. he's forgetful and B. UPS / FedEx can't be trusted.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian, Dan,

Thanks,
    Mike
    I can't confirm that. It definitely depends on the shipping method. USPS I can't actually select that as an option. UPS / FedEx have that option for us but in my experience there's a 50/50 chance that they'll just ignore it for residential addresses. I did ask "other Dan" to enable it where he could, but A. he's forgetful and B. UPS / FedEx can't be trusted.
    Ok, thanks, I will keep on eye on my Ring, and if I see it laying at my door, then I will head home. (screw work!!!)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian, Dan,

Thanks,
    Mike
    Ok, thanks, I will keep on eye on my Ring, and if I see it laying at my door, then I will head home. (screw work!!!)
    Uggg, UPS just left it at my door, and in plain sight of the street. There is a pillar that packages can be hidden behind, and USPS usually puts packages behind it.

Also, my ring did not give me a motion detection or doorbell alert. Lucky I got a delivered text from UPS. Leaving work now to get it in my house safely.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Hi Brian, Dan,

Thanks,
    Mike
    Uggg, UPS just left it at my door, and in plain sight of the street. There is a pillar that packages can be hidden behind, and USPS usually puts packages behind it.

Also, my ring did not give me a motion detection or doorbell alert. Lucky I got a delivered text from UPS. Leaving work now to get it in my house safely.
    Figures.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any chance the October Dreams books or the Horror Hall of Fame will get ebook releases?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Is there any chance the October Dreams books or the Horror Hall of Fame will get ebook releases?
    I'm positive we don't have have the eBook rights for October Dreams 1 and Horror Hall of Fame, OD I definitely predates us doing any eBooks at all and I'm pretty sure Horror Hall of Fame does as well. I'll have to check October Dreams 2 though, it's possible we have the rights, but it tends to be a bit more difficult to get the correct rights on those bigger anthologies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 769 of 889 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769 770 771 779 819 869 ... LastLast