Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 889 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast
Results 19,226 to 19,250 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Can you confirm this was an official CD aftermarket case?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Brian,

I had to ask Dan because something here wasn't clicking for me. We did make a traycase just like this, but ours had foil stamping.

Is there ANY stamping on there at all? Because we also had a prototype made that would have had no stamping. It went into a Grab Bag at some point, and we're wondering if this might be it. That's our working theory based on the material used and the lack of spine stamping in the photo, at least!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Yep I believe this was the last traycase we made for trade hardcovers as well. They had black stamping on the front and spine. I'm actually suprised I don't have one on the shelf behind me, I see one of the slipcases up there on the "shelves of stuff we produced" though. I guess I need to go hunting in storage for one of the misfit cases to add to the shelf.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those traycases, but it has silver stamping on the cover and the spine.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have one of those traycases, but it has silver stamping on the cover and the spine.
    Ahh ok. I was guessing on the color of the stamping. I assumed it would be the same as the slipcase, as they are the same red material.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

CD traycase shuld look like this:
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Ahh ok. I was guessing on the color of the stamping. I assumed it would be the same as the slipcase, as they are the same red material.
    Hey, there goes New Dan looking for one of ours to add to the front office reference collection:

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the case I have. Not sure if I purchased it from CD, or ???
    The stamping is a different color than the previous one posted, and the author and title is on "the front" of the case, not "the back".

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Brian,

CD traycase shuld look like this:
    This looks like the slipcase.

The stamping is a different color than the previous one posted, and the author and title is on "the front" of the case, not "the back".

This is our traycase for sure. I just found one in storage. So the slipcase was stamped in black and the tray case in a flat silver.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is our traycase for sure. I just found one in storage. So the slipcase was stamped in black and the tray case in a flat silver.
    Solved! I was thinking I stumped the CD crew! Ha! Now. . . Anyone looking to sell one? Thanks you guys.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Solved! I was thinking I stumped the CD crew! Ha! Now. . . Anyone looking to sell one? Thanks you guys.

I could probably sell you one with slightly crooked stamping. If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well... my mistake indeed...
    This is how Slipcase (left) and traycase (right) looks like togeter
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Brian,
    I believe CD also made a nice black slipcase and tray case for Under the Dome? It is not on your website, but does CD have anymore black tray cases for Under the Dome somewhere? Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Brian,
    I believe CD also made a nice black slipcase and tray case for Under the Dome? It is not on your website, but does CD have anymore black tray cases for Under the Dome somewhere? Thanks
    We did and unfortunately we don't. I think we actually had to buy our example case off of eBay because we forgot to save one. Unfortunately the only one of those traycases for THC's we have is 11/22/63 and that's only because there was a stamping issue with that case.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Brian,
    We did and unfortunately we don't. I think we actually had to buy our example case off of eBay because we forgot to save one. Unfortunately the only one of those traycases for THC's we have is 11/22/63 and that's only because there was a stamping issue with that case.
    thank you!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

I could probably sell you one with slightly crooked stamping. If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    Thanks Dan. Much appreciated. I'll keep my eye out for properly stamped one. Thanks a lot though.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fright or flight lettered... any rough idea on this Brian or Dan? Would it be in 2019?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Fright or flight lettered... any rough idea on this Brian or Dan? Would it be in 2019?
    2020. We need one more person to sign the signature sheets for the Lettered Edition, and I suspect folks will want him to sign.

Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    2020. We need one more person to sign the signature sheets for the Lettered Edition, and I suspect folks will want him to sign.

Brian
    Send them to me. I will hand deliver them to him. Please let him know I am coming. Last time was embarrassing. Cops were understanding of the misunderstanding. And no jail time

THANK YOU for the update!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

From the CD production update for Night Shift":... As soon as the printer is done with SLEEPING BEAUTIES later this year, we'll be sending them NIGHT SHIFT. We'll have a better idea of their schedule for printing and binding the book once we reach that point, and we will send additional email updates to keep you in the loop."

With SB now three months post publication can we get an accurate release date for Night Shift?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    From the CD production update for Night Shift":... As soon as the printer is done with SLEEPING BEAUTIES later this year, we'll be sending them NIGHT SHIFT. We'll have a better idea of their schedule for printing and binding the book once we reach that point, and we will send additional email updates to keep you in the loop."

With SB now three months post publication can we get an accurate release date for Night Shift?
    I think that's out of date, as that was from before the printer that printed Sleeping Beauties was bought and shut down by another printer. I'm not 100% sure where we're at on the "finding someone who can actually print it front" Brian can probably clarify as that's been his headache.

As some might remember, back in May the company that bought the printer we’ve used since 1992 promptly turned that building into a warehouse for paper and sold off all of the presses — including the one that printed our two color, 7x10 Stephen King projects.

I spent the summer talking to a lot of presses, many of whom took one look at the spec sheets for NIGHT SHIFT and said, “Nope.” (But thanks to this process we *have* found some new printers to work with on regular books, which is going to really help us with the fall and winter catch-up we have planned!)

Last month, our sales rep at the printer that bought our long-time printer wrote me to tell me all about this fancy new press they were purchasing... that could print our two color, 7x10 Stephen King books!

So, now we’re waiting on a quote from them for a job they could have started in May if they had just held onto that one printing press!

Brian

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

As some might remember, back in May the company that bought the printer we’ve used since 1992 promptly turned that building into a warehouse for paper and sold off all of the presses — including the one that printed our two color, 7x10 Stephen King projects.

I spent the summer talking to a lot of presses, many of whom took one look at the spec sheets for NIGHT SHIFT and said, “Nope.” (But thanks to this process we *have* found some new printers to work with on regular books, which is going to really help us with the fall and winter catch-up we have planned!)

Last month, our sales rep at the printer that bought our long-time printer wrote me to tell me all about this fancy new press they were purchasing... that could print our two color, 7x10 Stephen King books!

So, now we’re waiting on a quote from them for a job they could have started in May if they had just held onto that one printing press!

Brian
    Thanks for the update Brian. Looks like 2020 at a minimum.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...a lot of presses, many of whom took one look at the spec sheets for NIGHT SHIFT and said, “Nope.”
    This pleases me (it doesn't please me that CD has roadblocks, but challenging specs = nice big book I personally will enjoy).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 889 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast