Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 890 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aw hell, put me down for the artist portfolio as well.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Just got my S/N carrie to day and have to say that its fantastic !
    I love the clean cover and the quality of the book is absolute perfekt!

really happy that i got the all 5 editions deal.

Brian, one question - hope its not necessary but : will all 6 have the same dimension ?
    Or will we have the same "optic" as with the dark towers ?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "optic" but to my knowledge they will all have the same dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Brian, one question - hope its not necessary but : will all 6 have the same dimension ?
    They'll all have the same 7 X 10 trim size, yep!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

perfect, thanks!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can you let us know when the Salem's Lot GE is close to selling out?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job CD. Glad that everything is selling at a great pace. I have to agree with many that the artwork for this book is just amazing. You guys really hit a home run with this artist.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Got one Carrie due to preorder (and paid for all of them).

Got another in the King grab. Was debating whether I should buy a full matching second set, but appears may be too late now.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

PS appears to have copies of the numbered edition of Salems Lot for anyone who missed out.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see what CD is going to be doing for The Stand which will be a different getter.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got an email from CD for a 50% off sale. Code: SNOW50

Doesn't apply to the usual suspects. I picked up the forthcoming s/l revised Dark Tower Concordance and s/l John Dies at the End. I noticed The Dark Man worked as well. Had SOD2 still been available I would have snagged that, but it appears to have sold out since last I checked.

Does NOT work for Carrie or Salem's Lot

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Not sure if I should post this here but I'll be brief. I love CD's books and slipcases, but they are so tight! You can't use standard brodart wraps with the plastic and the paper where the dust jacket slips in and then is 100% protected. However, after 5 years of collecting and buying mylar wraps here and there for trial and error.....I figured out how to wrap CD books with slipcases and have no problem using mylar wraps. Since we are all collectors I wanted to help everyone out. I do not know off hand what the name of the wraps I bought, I would have to look them up. BUT I normally buy the 1.5 mil ones that are super clear plastic with the sheet of paper. They do not work with CD slipcases. The ones that do are the ones that are 1.5 plastic super clear and instead of the paper backing, they have only a small pieces of plastic of roughly 2 inches. So the back of the dust jacket is not protected, just the front. This makes it much smaller and fits all CD slipcases. I bought 25 medium ones and 25 smaller ones and spent a good 6 hours and did all my CD books in one day. I'll tell you guys, I was so happy that day and I'm still proud of myself. I figured all this out 3 weeks ago. So I hope I'm allowed to post this information here. If not, I apologize. Joe

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wrapped my Carrie CD GE with a Brodart cover. It was tight in the slipcase with and without it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Not sure if I should post this here but I'll be brief. I love CD's books and slipcases, but they are so tight! You can't use standard brodart wraps with the plastic and the paper where the dust jacket slips in and then is 100% protected. However, after 5 years of collecting and buying mylar wraps here and there for trial and error.....I figured out how to wrap CD books with slipcases and have no problem using mylar wraps. Since we are all collectors I wanted to help everyone out. I do not know off hand what the name of the wraps I bought, I would have to look them up. BUT I normally buy the 1.5 mil ones that are super clear plastic with the sheet of paper. They do not work with CD slipcases. The ones that do are the ones that are 1.5 plastic super clear and instead of the paper backing, they have only a small pieces of plastic of roughly 2 inches. So the back of the dust jacket is not protected, just the front. This makes it much smaller and fits all CD slipcases. I bought 25 medium ones and 25 smaller ones and spent a good 6 hours and did all my CD books in one day. I'll tell you guys, I was so happy that day and I'm still proud of myself. I figured all this out 3 weeks ago. So I hope I'm allowed to post this information here. If not, I apologize. Joe
    Hi Joe. There is a specific thread for this that you can use, see here. This board has been around a while and you can almost guarantee there is a thread on *every* topic you can think of. I suggest trying a search first, if you cant find anything appropriate, go ahead and post. Eventually you will even be able to start new threads as well. If it's inappropriate or better served in an existing thread, then RF or one of the other Mods have the ability to move or merge it.

Welcome to the site!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Brian, any thoughts on artist portfolios for these?
    We might do one big one when all is said and done, I think. We'll need to see what the artists think and figure out the production costs.

Brian
    Thanks for the reply Brain, I'm glad everyone is into this idea!
    I would prefer individual portfolios bc of cost reasons but anything would be great.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Received an email from Mindy about the Stephen King grab bag. They received the last item but have major issues with the traycases so there will be a delay. I'm guessing it's Faith but that's just a guess.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered a 12 issue subscription to the cemetery rag! Thanks for the sale guys.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Received an email from Mindy about the Stephen King grab bag. They received the last item but have major issues with the traycases so there will be a delay. I'm guessing it's Faith but that's just a guess.
    No email for me. I wonder if I am getting a different item as my second book?

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    No email for me. I wonder if I am getting a different item as my second book?
    I think he just asked in an email. We haven't sent any updates today, but we will once the situation is settled.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

The book I was thinking about (of course) is Faithful. Sorry about that!

The book I was thinking about (of course) is Faithful. Sorry about that!
    Close enough for government work, I'd say!

Brian

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Thanks for that; an excellent read. Clearly David Palumbo knows the story and gave serious thought to how he wanted present his portfolio of images and did a fantastic job capturing the mood and atmosphere of 'Salem's Lot. I really enjoy the theme he pursued and wish he could have done a fifth interior focused on Mark Petrie.

Country
    Country Flag

^Agreed. These images just drip with atmosphere. He's certainly raised the bar for the artists following him in the rest of this Doubleday Years Set.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I used the CD discount today for the gift edition of "Faithful" eh saved 50%. CD sent me an email about the grab bag and told me the one book I'm getting is their Salem's Lot artist edition! I'm stoked on that. The second book would be on it's way in 90 days....2 months to go. So I loved the SK grab bag. Basically it was 300. I sold the Carrie proof for 330 and an advanced readers copy for 70. So I made 100 bucks and will keep Salem's Lot and whatever else they send .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 890 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast