Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 890 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Disappointed to find out these are not signed by Stephen King...and not crazy about the final price tag when all is said and done. However, I love the quality of the CD books so, I bought the Gift and Artist Editions.

...plus, I didn't want to risk potentially getting locked out of future releases/benefits 'cause I didn't buy this one-like some publishers do.

-Let the Financial Pain Begin (Thank You Sir, may I have another)
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Not sure if you've thought this far ahead yet but...will Night Shift have one Artist or multiple Artists and will each story get some art (pencil drawings, etc...) as well as the selected stories that get the full color art?

Hoping for Wrightson, Dameron and Whelan from DT.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Brian,

Not sure if you've thought this far ahead yet but...will Night Shift have one Artist or multiple Artists and will each story get some art (pencil drawings, etc...) as well as the selected stories that get the full color art?

We're talking about one artist for the color artwork and another for a B&W piece for each story.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it would be cool to have multiple artists work on The Stand like was done with The Talisman.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I guess I'm a minority here, but I think that six gift editions of those six books is really cool!

Besides, FINALLY Tomislav will be the illustrator! The only complain I have is that the illustrations won't be color ones.
    They're all color.
    Oh, then it's perfect! I understood it incorrectly then (I read two-color printing).

Awesome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm sure these will be beautiful books. Unfortunately I will have to pass - not because they won't be signed, but due to the shipping costs to me in Europe. Two options available on CD site: $42.94 or $51.44 - per book, which is more than half the price of the Gift Edition. So if I ordered all 6 books, shipping alone would be $300+, which is too much. If there was an option to bulk buy all 6 and save on combined international shipping, I'd be game.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Who would spend $1,000 on a Stephen King book not signed by Stephen King?
    52 sold in 47 minutes...

If the lettered was for 104 copies, it'd be sold out in 2 hs.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry if this has been covered already, but will the limitation for the three editions be the same for all six books?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

52 sold in 47 minutes...

I am a little surprised.... a King sig is a MUST for me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered already, but will the limitation for the three editions be the same for all six books?
    Yes, that is the goal. Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    52 sold in 47 minutes...

I am a little surprised.... a King sig is a MUST for me...
    I'm not surprised, I'm shocked! Some people just have too much damned money.......lucky fuckers

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I hope this does well for CD but it's just not very exciting when you already have another small press publisher doing the same book
    Yes, that is an understandable position. Hopefully, because they will be very different editions with different special features and different art, we'll both be offering something of interest to collectors. But we certainly understand if you only want one.

We think this complete set, when you see all 6 books on the shelf, will be a very nice addition to most collections.

Also, we have some amazing artists lined up for these books. Three of them we've never worked with on a book, I believe. Those who enjoyed the artwork for certain Donald Grant SK books will be pleased.

Brian
    I think it's going to be Stephen Gervais for The Shining.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

52 sold in 47 minutes...

Did you know some publishers do produce lettered editions of 104 copies?

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

52 sold in 47 minutes...

Brian
    .....like.....AA, BB, etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    I'm sure these will be beautiful books. Unfortunately I will have to pass - not because they won't be signed, but due to the shipping costs to me in Europe. Two options available on CD site: $42.94 or $51.44 - per book, which is more than half the price of the Gift Edition. So if I ordered all 6 books, shipping alone would be $300+, which is too much. If there was an option to bulk buy all 6 and save on combined international shipping, I'd be game.
    We can't hold orders for all of the books to ship in 2016, unfortunately. The logistics are just unmanageable. We charge what the Post Office charges us for the postage, but try PS Publishing's website for more "local" rates when they list the book this week! I'd think their postage costs to you should be much better!

Brian

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

We're talking about one artist for the color artwork and another for a B&W piece for each story.

Brian
    Thanks. That's very cool that every story is represented with some art.

BTW, on a shipping note, should the Gift and Artist Editions be ordered separately or will they be coming out at basically the same time and can ship together? I know the Lettereds are usually delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    52 sold in 47 minutes...

Brian
    You could have copy ZZZZ if you wanted! We've seen some of the mystery small presses do that.

Brian

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

52 sold in 47 minutes...

Brian

You learn something new every day!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

BTW, on a shipping note, should the Gift and Artist Editions be ordered separately or will they be coming out at basically the same time and can ship together? I know the Lettereds are usually delayed.
    The Gift Edition and Numbered Artist Edition will ship at the same time. Production will begin at the same time as those for the Lettered Artist Edition's traycase, but it's going to take longer because the Lettered Edition books have to bound by hand and I don't trust the sizing on a "dummy book" to get the perfect fit for this sort of edition. With the hand-binding and the spine hubs, etc, we really need a finished copy of the book to get the sizing just right!

Brian

P.S. A "dummy book" is a blank book produced by the printer ahead of time using the same materials and page count as the "real" book so we can get sizing for cases. 98% of the time, the fit is perfect. But sometimes...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    52 sold in 47 minutes...

Brian
    That'd be AAA, BBB, ETC. I know of one publisher that would do 156 lettered copies so A to ZZZZZZ.

I guess I'm a minority here, but I think that six gift editions of those six books is really cool!

Besides, FINALLY Tomislav will be the illustrator! The only complain I have is that the illustrations won't be color ones.
    They're all color.
    Oh, then it's perfect! I understood it incorrectly then (I read two-color printing).

Awesome!
    Sorry, there's a lot of references to color elements on that page. The printing inside the book will be two-color. So the headers and footers, etc, will be something other than boring old black, just like our other SK Gift Editions, etc.

Brian

I think it's going to be Stephen Gervais for The Shining.
    Well, I'm a little bit tired... I read that as Ricky Gervais.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brian
    I think it would be cool to have multiple artists work on The Stand like was done with The Talisman.
    While it might be fine to have multiple artists for a short story collection, I'd like to put in my vote for a single artist for any of the novels (Including cover). I'd say that one of the only negatives I've seen in some of these gift edtions (PS included) is the art by committee- which is rarely successful, IMO. It's like trying to please everybody. Get a great artist and let him or her do their thing and let the chips fall where they may.

Ron

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I'm REALLY excited about these six new books for several reasons:

1) Some months ago I mentioned I'd like to have other artists to work in SK limited editions and one of my choices was already chosen for this first book.

2) Most of us really LOVE the rare stuff. Deleted scenes, original reproductions, etc. If you mention "The Shining will have extra stuff", we all think of Before the Play and After the Play.

3) You mentioned "artists that didn't work on a book". My other guess now is Glen Orbik, who did the incredible cover artwork for IT 25th anniversary and Joyland.

4) As for the artists that worked with Grant Books...well, there's only one of the Dark Tower books I didn't quite like the artwork and it was Bernie Wrightson. No matter which other artist you choose, for me it'd be great (but I bet it's Stephen Gervais and that he'll illustrate The Shining).

Brian, are all the artists for the different books already tied with the different projects or one of the books is still under negotiations?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gift Edition and Numbered Artist Edition will ship at the same time. Production will begin at the same time as those for the Lettered Artist Edition's traycase, but it's going to take longer because the Lettered Edition books have to bound by hand and I don't trust the sizing on a "dummy book" to get the perfect fit for this sort of edition. With the hand-binding and the spine hubs, etc, we really need a finished copy of the book to get the sizing just right!

Brian

P.S. A "dummy book" is a blank book produced by the printer ahead of time using the same materials and page count as the "real" book so we can get sizing for cases. 98% of the time, the fit is perfect. But sometimes...
    That's what I needed to hear. I just didn't want one of the books to have to wait for the other to ship.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 890 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast