Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 889 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, sorry to hear of your loss, all my best.
    I recieved my FDNS gift today.......very nice take care...

Brian M.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your support. It's very much appreciated. I'm back at the office today and trying to catch-up as fast as I can.

We have a Full Dark, No Stars Limited Edition update to send out today or tomorrow, as soon as the photos are ready, plus we're working on shipping The Exorcist/Legion, The Painted Darkness, and then we can start on The Passage, and after that we can start on Shivers 6.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to say again, I have criticized in the past, extensively. However, you guys have really turned it around in 2010!!! Got my SOD II, got my BB edition, Got my RTB edition, and just now rec'd FD/NS and all wonderful productions!!!! Exorcist/Legion is "In the Mail", you guys are killing!!!! Do NOT let the roll subside!!! I am a convert!!! Hail Mindy!!!!!

And all of you have a very Happy Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your support. It's very much appreciated. I'm back at the office today and trying to catch-up as fast as I can.

We have a Full Dark, No Stars Limited Edition update to send out today or tomorrow, as soon as the photos are ready, plus we're working on shipping The Exorcist/Legion, The Painted Darkness, and then we can start on The Passage, and after that we can start on Shivers 6.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

hey brian,

i'm happy to the you guys are catching up... kudos.

couple of questions though.
    1) any info. on when the lifetimers will be getting their copies of FDNS?

I know I got a recent batch shipment, and just got additional shipments for the SOD2 and my lettered and gift RTB's.

are ya'll going to ship this one separately, or wait until a new batch shipment is going to go out?

2) the last update I could find on SODII lettered edition was that the first batch of traycases were going to be there by thanksgiving... any new esimate on when they'll go out?

3) I've not seen any updates on the following... and would love some current statuses:
    a) Lettered ed. Centuries Best
    b) Lettered ed. Big Book of Necon
    c) AE ed. Big Book of Necon

BTW. Merry Christmas to you, your family, Mindy and the gang

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    hey brian,

i'm happy to the you guys are catching up... kudos.

couple of questions though.
    1) any info. on when the lifetimers will be getting their copies of FDNS?

I know I got a recent batch shipment, and just got additional shipments for the SOD2 and my lettered and gift RTB's.

are ya'll going to ship this one separately, or wait until a new batch shipment is going to go out?

2) the last update I could find on SODII lettered edition was that the first batch of traycases were going to be there by thanksgiving... any new esimate on when they'll go out?

3) I've not seen any updates on the following... and would love some current statuses:
    a) Lettered ed. Centuries Best
    b) Lettered ed. Big Book of Necon
    c) AE ed. Big Book of Necon

BTW. Merry Christmas to you, your family, Mindy and the gang
    Thanks for asking!

1) Lifetimers will be receiving Full Dark, No Stars separately from the normal lifetimer shipments. I actually think the Gift Edition is already being shipped to the lifers who get it, and then the Limited Edition will be shipped to those lifetimers when it begins shipping to everyone else. So if you get both editions, you will get two separate shipments. We wanted to try to get the book out to everyone as quickly as possible. Then you should have another shipment in late January or early February: Exorcist/Legion, The Passage, The Painted Darkness, Stories from the Plague Years, Shivers VI, the Blood Spattered chapbook, the Tales Too Extreme chapbook, etc. We've been busy, so you have a lot more coming!

2) Mindy is working with the vendor for the SOD II Lettered Edition box/traycase/whatever you'd call it ("massive!" is what I call that thing!), and she's waiting on an update so I can send an update to the customers who are waiting on that edition. The short version is, the vendor missed their Thanksgiving deadline, but we wanted to be able to give you more information than that when we emailed you. For example, when these guys are actually going to get their work done. Unfortunately, this is the same vendor who took forever on SOD I, and the only reason we used them again for SOD II was because we wanted the cases to be similar and we were promised they were going to meet their deadlines this time. I guess maybe we're a little naive. The book is already bound and ready to go as soon as the box is completed. I really would like to be able to send an update soon, but even better, I'd just like to have the finished cases soon. Mindy isn't going to stop bugging them until they get it done.

As an aside, we're using someone else for the Full Dark, No Stars Lettered Edition box. The vendor I found a few years back for my Dark Forces traycases has been a dream to work with, although sometimes they're overly optimistic about their schedules. (We can relate, as our collectors will attest.) But they've done Dark Forces, The Darknell Double, SOD II slipcases and traycases, Riding the Bullet (all three editions), and the Full Dark slipcases and traycases. Their quality can't be beat, they're great to work with, and we're looking forward to doing something really special for the Full Dark Lettered Edition with them. We just need to wait for the Lettered Edition book to be finished at the binder. Right now it's with their gilder, who should be done by the first week of the new year, and then it goes back to the bindery to start the three piece case binding. (We'll be sending out a full update to the Lettered Edition customers as soon as we can!)

3A) The Century's Best Horror Fiction is part of the "second phase" of our catch-up game plan. If I recall correctly, there is one more signature we're waiting on for the Lettered Edition signature sheets and then it's off to the printer to be published in 2011. These are going to be two huge volumes and I think general readers and collectors alike are going to be really pleased with the final result!

3B) The signed editions of The Big Book of Necon are headed to the printer right after the holidays. We can't do dummy books for these because of the number of tip-ins in the edition with the Glenn Chadbourne original drawing, unfortunately, but we'll be pushing to get this done in 2011 as well.

We hit all of our targets in 2010 for "phase one" of our catch-up plan, and I see no reason why we can't complete "phase two" in 2011 as scheduled.

Plus we have a few surprises next year that I think our collectors are really going to be pleased with. Thanks again for all of your support!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the updates, Brian! I hope 2011 is as successful of a year for you.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Can you give any more info about Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration than what is on the website?

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Brian,

Can you give any more info about Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration than what is on the website?
    Sure! That project is part of our plans for "phase two" in 2011, but we've been steadily working on it all year.

There's an obvious title change coming next month, as you might have guessed. I would say 75% of the material has been received. The other 25% is very late, but it is coming from authors we *really* want to be in this book -- and we think our collectors would really want them in there as well. Unfortunately, authors like that are also very busy and sometimes commit to projects they don't have time to work on for a while. We try not to be pushy, but anyone who hasn't sent something in soon will probably be asked if they'd rather we just use a reprint. We would love originals, of course, but we really want to make huge progress on this one in 2011!

A "formal" update should be posted when we announce the title change next month, but this is the gist of it!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian. I have a 50% off coupon and I can't figure out what to preorder...hate to waste it. The Century's Best Fiction looks like a massive set of books. What to do, what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Thanks Brian. I have a 50% off coupon and I can't figure out what to preorder...hate to waste it. The Century's Best Fiction looks like a massive set of books. What to do, what to do...
    Well, Century's Best definitely has a little something for everyone if you like short stories. The two volumes rang in at a combined 1,600 pages and more than 700,000 words!

Best,
    Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,
    Probably wishful thinking, but is there a waiting list for The Passage?

I'm one of the idiots who thought about it too long before deciding to buy

Cheers & Merry Christmas
    James

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi Brian,
    Probably wishful thinking, but is there a waiting list for The Passage?

I'm one of the idiots who thought about it too long before deciding to buy

Cheers & Merry Christmas
    James
    There was a Waiting List, but we took it down after 400 or so people signed up. I can't remember the exact number, but it seemed silly to keep adding after that point. Sorry you missed out, but I bet you'll find some people selling the Limited Edition in January because they didn't like the story as much as they had hoped, etc, and then maybe you could snag one of their copies and get matching numbers for the rest of the trilogy if you wanted!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As I expected, thanks anyway.

I'll be hunting out Ebay auctions instead of working no doubt!

Cheers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would consider selling mine. I don't think I'll be in the Cronin market in the future. The more I think about the story, the less it impresses me.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was a great story... up until the massive, ur... shift in perspective. After that, it lost steam quickly and I had a hard time caring enough to finish the book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I thought it was a great story... up until the massive, ur... shift in perspective. After that, it lost steam quickly and I had a hard time caring enough to finish the book.
    I liked it a little better than that. It kept my interest enough for me to finish it and I'm sure I will read the next book he has planned. But do I think the book justified all the hype? No.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished the book with an open mind knowing it's part of a trilogy:

"The Passage"
    "The Twelve" (2012)
    "The City of Mirrors" (2014)

The name of the other two are just scuttle butt conversation so don't take my word on the titles or dates.
    When I know The Twelve will be released I'll read The Passage again to refresh my little brain.

I enjoyed the book, and many of my family and friends did as well. It's been one of our most talked about books being passed around.

JMO

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I liked THE PASSAGE a lot, too. For sure, I haven't thought about it much once my girlfriend and I both finished it but I'm looking forward to the next books. I'm only buying the trades though.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Brian - I just wanted to stay thank you, so very much, for putting in the time to come over here and address us collectors directly. Thanks for answering the questions and giving us the insights into what's happening on your end of the spectrum. The attention is appreciated by this humble collector, and I say thankee.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Brian - I just wanted to stay thank you, so very much, for putting in the time to come over here and address us collectors directly. Thanks for answering the questions and giving us the insights into what's happening on your end of the spectrum. The attention is appreciated by this humble collector, and I say thankee.
    Ditto. Customer relations go a long way and since Brian has joined the board DarkTower.org members and CD have both benefitted from the clarity of the open communication.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wholeheartedly agree! I've been buying form CD for years, have always been a satisfied customer, but 2010 especially has been an extremely satisfying year.
    THANKS, Brian, and THANKS Mindy - here's to 2011!

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think 2010 will be looked back upon as the year of the CD comeback.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I heartily agree!

John

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brian,

Hope you had a good holiday, and I'd like to echo the comments of folks here in saying thanks for all the forthright CD updates. It is MUCH appreciated. I've been hoping for CD to rally for so long and I'm delighted that the ball is finally rolling extremely well.

Having said that, I received The Exorcist/Legion the other day- an edition I've been really looking forward to for some time- and while very impressed with the overall design and size I was extremely disappointed that it wasn't bound in the promised "Full Cloth", but, rather plain stamped boards (it's also, incidentally, lacking the bound in ribbon bookmark). The cover material, especially in a book sans dust jacket, makes all the difference. Although there is much to recommend about the guts (design, illustrations, size, etc.), the book just "feels" sort of...ordinary in boards, where real cloth would've made a world of difference and really set this edition apart. Can you tell us what happened between the plan and the execution on this?

Much appreciated,

Ron

Hi Ron!

I checked the spec sheets for The Exorcist/Legion and the binding is based on a 100% cotton plain weave, but I also felt the binding ended up "feeling" a little plain and I emailed the printer about it last week for some information. They only have a few staffers in during the holidays, but I should hear back soon. As for the ribbon bookmark, that looks to have been an oversight on the printer's part that we didn't notice when the books arrived. (With Full Dark, No Stars shipping full speed ahead, it's been a little crazy.) The ribbon page marker was definitely on the spec sheets, but that feature isn't something we ever "see" for any edition until the approval copies arrive, which is the very end of the printing process. In this case, I just checked the approval copies and they did not have the bookmark, but we missed that when we received them. If we had noticed, the only option would have been to have the printer rip all of the books apart and rebind them with the page maker. We probably would not have done that due to the risk of damaging the signature sheets. Now that you've brought this to my attention, I'll update the information on the website about the book for future collectors so they're not looking for a page maker that doesn't exist, I'll email the printer to find out what happened, and I'll talk to Rich and plan how to notify the collectors who bought the book.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 889 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast