Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 773 of 890 FirstFirst ... 273 673 723 763 771 772 773 774 775 783 823 873 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,325 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.
    Interested why you would want them to? Just being that it isn’t king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.
    Super cool! Though I imagine it's a tiny bit weird to see them like 40 years after the fact when the picture of them in my head is from them so long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That’s pretty fantastic. I had 3/4 of the cenobites and the woman who played Kirsty sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart.
    Also super cool! Good luck tracking down the 4th cenobite... I think I've heard you reference that before...

Put me firmly in the camp of "Happy to have anyone involved in a famous production sign my copy of a book that the production is based on".

I like the idea that the book was in the hands of people who are associated with a project I appreciate. Same reason I prefer inscriptions (even if they're not to me) over a flat-signed copy, or even on a book with a limitation page. IMO it adds some interesting provenance to where the book has been and who has held it.

Maybe not for a lettered edition, though - I'd definitely be pickier, at least. Or if I was planning to immediately re-sell it (because I know that not everybody likes that). But if it's part of my collection - sign away!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Awesome! Did you get a picture of the Grady Twins! FYI. I hope Tippy doesn't mind me repeating a story he told, Tippy had an audition for Danny and was rejected. King signed his rejection notice! It is an awesome story/collectable.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Awesome! Did you get a picture of the Grady Twins! FYI. I hope Tippy doesn't mind me repeating a story he told, Tippy had an audition for Danny and was rejected. King signed his rejection notice! It is an awesome story/collectable.
    Close......King signed my Warner Bros. Audition letter.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Interested why you would want them to? Just being that it isn’t king.

I would have no problem with them signing my CD gift edition....I think it would be cool.

Too bad the woman from room 217 wasn't available and you had to settle for the woman from room 237.

Seriously though.....if you could get Jack and Shelly to sign now......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

That is so cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    That is so cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

What is it exactly?
    I cant read the text
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an invitation to a casting interview.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If you click on the letter it magically grows larger!

I also think it's cool!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Pretty cool !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Pretty cool !
    Yes.....I auditioned for the role of Danny in the Kubrick version of The Shining.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!
    Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order.

Brian
    This is correct. I'd say you probably have until the 2nd week of October. We just got confirmation that the cases should be here next week, I've just got a couple of things ahead of them in the shipping schedule that I really need to work through first.
    It seems i forgot about it to... i just emailed Mindy - I hope it's not to late!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!
    Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order.

Brian
    This is correct. I'd say you probably have until the 2nd week of October. We just got confirmation that the cases should be here next week, I've just got a couple of things ahead of them in the shipping schedule that I really need to work through first.
    It seems i forgot about it to... i just emailed Mindy - I hope it's not to late!
    Not too late yet. Cases are here, but I've got a couple of things to do first I think. The cases for Shining in the Dark are finally here as well, I think we'll probably knock those out first, since it should be pretty quick.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interestingly, to me at least, Danny Lloyd said he had never met King or least had no recollection of him. He mentioned that he thought King had come to the set but he was too young to remember him and has never met him afterwards. One of the Grady twins brought up the fact that King hadn't liked the film. It is extremely odd to see these folks now or just about anyone who you haven't seen in decades. And when I got home the movie was on which made it all the stranger.

Someone asked why I would have them sign it. For me the movie is iconic. I have a first edition of the book that I had King sign a few years back in Savannah. I wouldn't let anyone else sign that one, but it seemed appropriate for these folks to sign my CD copy. I also like association signatures. For example, I got Clint Hill, the secret service who climbed into JFK's car just after the assassination and Buell Frazier, the fellow who drove Oswald to work on 11.22.63, to sign a copy of King's 11.22.63. Kind of unique.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed very unique! Nice story.
    P2

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I too think that's very cool! I've thought of doing that myself. I've met the twins but not Danny yet. They're so tiny!
    Rick's audition letter is also a neat story. I didn't know that!

back to thread topics: I love getting a shipping notice and going home to find said item on my porch the very same day!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Clive Barker
    +
    Daniele Serra

Tortured Souls & Infernal Parade

CEMETERY DANCE GERMANY, Band 5.
    signed limited

https://www.festa-verlag.de/buchheim...al-parade.html

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Hi Brian, is CD going to (or already has and i cant find it) be getting any of the signed copies of Ten Word Tragedies from PS? Thanks!
    Bumped in case it got lost in the midst... thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Hi Brian, is CD going to (or already has and i cant find it) be getting any of the signed copies of Ten Word Tragedies from PS? Thanks!
    Bumped in case it got lost in the midst... thanks!
    I haven't heard back from Pete, so I will follow-up!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SO... check your Sleeping Beauties! Seems there is a thread on the Rare King FB Group and there is a bunch being posted where King signed his name twice in the book!!! Super cool. I am checking mine when I get home!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

SO... check your Sleeping Beauties! Seems there is a thread on the Rare King FB Group and there is a bunch being posted where King signed his name twice in the book!!! Super cool. I am checking mine when I get home!
    I went to the brooklyn event but didn't get one of the random signed copies. Where's this second signature (don't have FB) ? I'm sure there's a 0% chance my unsigned copy is signed there but I'm pathetic enough to check...

Nevermind I'm an idiot this is the CD Thread lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Kris is referring to the S/L (or lettered).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think Kris is referring to the S/L (or lettered).
    Yes sir

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Was it twice in the front of the book, or some where else (not that I am getting my hopes up).

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Was it twice in the front of the book, or some where else (not that I am getting my hopes up).
    It would have had to have been on the signature sheets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 773 of 890 FirstFirst ... 273 673 723 763 771 772 773 774 775 783 823 873 ... LastLast