Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 558 of 890 FirstFirst ... 58 458 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 608 658 ... LastLast
Results 13,926 to 13,950 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    A couple of color paintings from Glenn Chadbourne for the 'SALEM'S LOT artwork portfolio that I don't think I've posted yet:

(Raw scans, no color correction or the such applied yet.)

Brian

Truly awesome!!! Glenn Chadbourne is the man!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely love the Chadbourne paintings. Totally unlike his usual stuff and the best I've seen him do.

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Those are really good. Chadbourne's artistic strengths, IMO, are architecture and objects.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Love the basement drawing. Now when are we getting these?
    I think it now all hinges on when the signature sheets arrive back!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. I think these are some of his best.

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Superb artwork. These paintings you posted, Brian, seem to really capture the tenebrous mood of the book (which I'm reading again now). I just ordered a set. I'm so glad I belong to this site or I wouldn't have known about the availability of this package from Cemetery Dance. You guys are costing me a lot of money, but it's money well spent.
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still no pics of the book remarques from Chadbourne & Palumbo from the books that have been showing up on people's door this week? Mine gets here sometime tomorrow and I'll post up an image as soon as I get the package open and a decently lit picture taken.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Still no pics of the book remarques from Chadbourne & Palumbo from the books that have been showing up on people's door this week? Mine gets here sometime tomorrow and I'll post up an image as soon as I get the package open and a decently lit picture taken.
    I have seen a couple..... Palumbo's were much different than I thought. Liked them but different....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have seen a couple..... Palumbo's were much different than I thought. Liked them but different....
    Can you post some pics of the ones you have seen?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw one posted on the CD forum (the poster posts here too so I'll leave that to him). Really great remarques, I agree with Kris about Palumbo's remarques, great but different than I'd anticipated. For what it's worth though I think it's a good thing, adds identity. The Chadbourne I saw looked great too.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

From LawrenceBlock.com...

Just scheduled—a deluxe limited edition of In Sunlight or in Shadow: 17 stories inspired by paintings of Edward Hopper.

As you’ll recall, late this year Pegasus Books will publish this anthology, with an all-star lineup of authors and each painting reproduced in color; how Pegasus can do it at this price is beyond me.

And now Pegasus has arranged for those excellent small-press publishers, Cemetery Dance, to bring out a deluxe limited edition of the anthology. If you’re familiar with the publisher, you know what fine work they do. They’re not taking pre-orders yet—we just made the deal this week—but you might want to bookmark the page and check in from time to time. (Note that copies won’t be signed by all the contributors, just by Your Humble Anthologist.)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    From LawrenceBlock.com[B]... And now Pegasus has arranged for those excellent small-press publishers, Cemetery Dance, to bring out a deluxe limited edition of the anthology. If you’re familiar with the publisher, you know what fine work they do. They’re not taking pre-orders yet—we just made the deal this week—but you might want to bookmark the page and check in from time to time. (Note that copies won’t be signed by all the contributors, just by Your Humble Anthologist.)
    It is an excellent anthology and I LOVED SK's story. We're thrilled to be working on a Limited Edition of this one!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Those are really good. Chadbourne's artistic strengths, IMO, are architecture and objects.
    I agree.
    Those and creepy landscapes.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    From LawrenceBlock.com[B]... And now Pegasus has arranged for those excellent small-press publishers, Cemetery Dance, to bring out a deluxe limited edition of the anthology. If you’re familiar with the publisher, you know what fine work they do. They’re not taking pre-orders yet—we just made the deal this week—but you might want to bookmark the page and check in from time to time. (Note that copies won’t be signed by all the contributors, just by Your Humble Anthologist.)
    It is an excellent anthology and I LOVED SK's story. We're thrilled to be working on a Limited Edition of this one!

Brian
    I'm looking forward to it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine arrived late yesterday. And yes, the Palumbo remarque was not at all what I expected. It's growing on me though.
    I'll post pictures later.

sk

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still miffed that you have yours in Rotterdam, ferchrissakes, and mine doesn't show up in Dallas until tomorrow! I don't know if I'm hoping for the same character that you got, or if I want someone else. We'll see in just a handful of hours I guess!

Perhaps I'll replace my Fly Man avatar with one of these remarques.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still miffed that you have yours in Rotterdam, ferchrissakes, and mine doesn't show up in Dallas until tomorrow!
    Now you know how I always feel when you guys receive your stuff weeks before I do....

sk

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to state, and I've said this before, Mindy does a GREAT job for CD!!

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor Brian has to check in every day to see us singing the praises of Mindy (and rightfully so), while we take his (and Dan's!) day in, day out constant updates and quick answers to questions for granted.

You da man, Brian!

Country
    Country Flag

The whole operation is a class act.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The whole operation is a class act.
    Totally agree. ONE of the many things I like about these "small" press publishers is that they all support each other. PS Pub sells CD books and vice versa. Sub Press and CD sell each others items and so on and so forth.
    In the end it makes for some helluva nice books for the customers!

Country
    Country Flag

The antici....pation is killing me today!!!! I'm so freaking excited to finally see and hold this book! Brian, Dan, Mindy, Richard and the whole team really look like they've done such an amazing job on this one, the very first King book that I read and still one of my favorites!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Just a quick note, I sent the additional bonus material for THE SHINING to the designer today and it totals just shy of 10,000 words.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

THE definitive edition!

Very exciting.

Is there anything in the newly found material that Maitz could use for a remarque? If so, I want it!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick note, I sent the additional bonus material for THE SHINING to the designer today and it totals just shy of 10,000 words.

Brian
    BOOM! Nice work Brian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 558 of 890 FirstFirst ... 58 458 508 548 556 557 558 559 560 568 608 658 ... LastLast