Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 890 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Can we ask how many of the Doubledays are scheduled to preorder in 2016 during the scope of CDCC6? Sounds like a great deal for those who collect CDs great books in general.
    The Shining and Night Shift will both be officially announced and published next year for sure.

Brian
    The Stand in 2017 Bri? I am the MOST pumped for that one for sure I am so excited to see what you wonderful folks do with it!!!!!!!!! And come on... Ned is amazing!
    And in one book not two!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Can we ask how many of the Doubledays are scheduled to preorder in 2016 during the scope of CDCC6? Sounds like a great deal for those who collect CDs great books in general.
    The Shining and Night Shift will both be officially announced and published next year for sure.

Brian
    The Stand in 2017 Bri? I am the MOST pumped for that one for sure I am so excited to see what you wonderful folks do with it!!!!!!!!! And come on... Ned is amazing!
    And in one book not two!
    Can I ask why? I fear this will be impossible... member IT? That was pushing it.. plus the extra content. I wonder what they will do!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Damn I wish I had known about that 50% of Gift certificates BEFORE I just paid for the the remainder of the Doubleday Limiteds. I would have joined the club for sure. Now though, I cant see myself buying enough other King items to warrant it.
    Same here What a huge blow!! I prepaid like over $1700 Canadian to prebuy the set. Would have saved me a ton of cash GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Life lesson learned eh? lol

$1700? Thats nothing, I bought all the Lettered's too. had to use two credit cards to make the purchase.

There was no mention of how much it cost, so I assumed it was much more then it really is. I had to add it to my cart to find out the price. Still thinking about it for this year. I am buying a house, so really should be saving my money. If I join the club then I might be tempted to spend more.

Given all the new information, I think its a good deal, but thinking I need to start showing some restraint. Will definitely do it for the next one.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Price IS mentioned, but its buried in the text (3rd paragraph from bottom). I missed it first time as well
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    And in one book not two!
    Can I ask why? I fear this will be impossible... member IT? That was pushing it.. plus the extra content. I wonder what they will do!
    You know I'm not a fan of PS splitting Salem's lot into 3 books, but I think it might make sense for The Stand. The Stand had 3 parts to it, so it seems like a natural division of text. If you divide in half, then it probably gets a little more awkward choosing a breaking point.

Having said that, the stand has been successfully made into a limited edition in the past, so maybe it is still possible to do in one book (I don't own it, so hard to say if it was pushing things).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Damn I wish I had known about that 50% of Gift certificates BEFORE I just paid for the the remainder of the Doubleday Limiteds. I would have joined the club for sure. Now though, I cant see myself buying enough other King items to warrant it.
    Same here What a huge blow!! I prepaid like over $1700 Canadian to prebuy the set. Would have saved me a ton of cash GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Life lesson learned eh? lol

$1700? Thats nothing, I bought all the Lettered's too. had to use two credit cards to make the purchase.

There was no mention of how much it cost, so I assumed it was much more then it really is. I had to add it to my cart to find out the price. Still thinking about it for this year. I am buying a house, so really should be saving my money. If I join the club then I might be tempted to spend more.

Given all the new information, I think its a good deal, but thinking I need to start showing some restraint. Will definitely do it for the next one.
    Glad $1700 is nothing to you big spender! lol IT IS to me I tell ya...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Glad $1700 is nothing to you big spender! lol IT IS to me I tell ya...

LOL! Actually $1700 is not nothing to me! Just small compared to how much I spent! Fortunatly I "saved" $100 by buying a discounted gift certificate about a week before.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    And in one book not two!
    I guess I am weird I just like having the look and feel of one book. The fact that it is one continuous story and when I read a book I like being able to just keep going with out having to get up from my spot and pick up the next book to keep going. I know King split the book into 3 "stories" but it is still 1 continuous story line. Also the Stand is only ~20 pages longer than IT so I feel like you could squeeze it in there.

When I see the Grant DT Series I just hate how they split some of the books into two. To me it doesn't really make sense, you made the trade in one book and you made the artist edition in one book. Even if you went with thicker paper you could still put it in one book as CD did with IT.

One thing to mention with the 50% off Gift Certificates for members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club: they're usually only offered once per year, so it does require some planning if you want to stock up for future purchases. But yeah, some collectors have done really well with them!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Side note: Exactly how close is CD getting to releasing The Dark Tower Companion and DT: The Complete Concordance Revised? I want these SOOO BAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
    Side note: Exactly how close is CD getting to releasing The Dark Tower Companion and DT: The Complete Concordance Revised? I want these SOOO BAD!!
    I haven't had a chance to update the website in a bit, but COMPANION is just about done at the printer and will ship in October and CONCORDANCE is headed to the printer now.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Brian, how are things going with Lonely Road Books? Any updates on The Fall and if you have any idea if/when LRB will be doing Legion to go along with the fantastic edition of Exorcist?

Thanks
    For THE FALL, everything is ready for the printer... just waiting on Guillermo del Toro to find some time to sign the signature sheets I sent him a few years ago. I've talked to his agent, his assistant, and his business manager over the years. Everyone says he loved what LRB did with THE STRAIN, so it really just seems to be a time management issue. Fingers crossed he finishes soon...

THE NIGHT ETERNAL is also completely ready for the printer, except for the signature sheets.

Brian
    It seems Mr del Toro IS able to sign some books at quite short notice.

Crimson Peak Limited Edition

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

GTD seems to have twitter account now. so maybe you can nag him there also.

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    GTD seems to have twitter account now. so maybe you can nag him there also.
    Perhaps I'll just tweet sad photos at him of the empty space on my bookshelf where the other two books are supposed to go!

I'm waiting to hear back from his manager and assistant yet again, this time pointing out the link that was kindly posted above that shows he has had time to sign SOMETHING.

I've offered (again) to reprint the sheets if they were lost... I'm really thinking maybe that's what happened. Last time they were seen, they were spotted in his "man cave" and that was the last report. I told them I've had to reprint lost sheets MANY times and to just let me know if that's the case.

Anyway, I don't usually discuss business in public, but the sheets were sent in July 2012 and I can't exactly not post in public about it...

Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

CD referenced me in their most recent email. But no picture of me. i tried to PM several of you to give you a heads up about the gift certificates. i wish i would have ordered more, spent $1000 in one day pre-ordering one set of the double day books. I only ordered the Owen King signed limited this year from ALL their offers, but the gift certificates are well worth it.

Dr. Sleep, Mr Mercedes slipcases fit alot of other King books, so i was able to order those with the gift certificate as well. I join each year with the hope of another signed limited!

Brian, here is my idea... I would like a free copy of it if you do it. I am hoping CD does a signed/limited set of Mercedes/Keepers/End of Watch. I think Mr. King is proud of those books! and it would be really neat.

I really like FINDERS KEEPERS. I would like a moleskin copy of Finders Keepers.

B

CD Message that came in my email

Hi Glennon,
    There are only about 50 membership slots left for the new Cemetery Dance Collectors Club, and one of our collectors pointed out that we don’t advertise one VERY cool feature of the club:
    Once a year, the CDCC is offered the opportunity to order Gift Certificates at 50% off the retail price!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    CD referenced me in their most recent email. But no picture of me. i tried to PM several of you to give you a heads up about the gift certificates. i wish i would have ordered more, spent $1000 in one day pre-ordering one set of the double day books. I only ordered the Owen King signed limited this year from ALL their offers, but the gift certificates are well worth it.

Dr. Sleep, Mr Mercedes slipcases fit alot of other King books, so i was able to order those with the gift certificate as well. I join each year with the hope of another signed limited!

Brian, here is my idea... I would like a free copy of it if you do it. I am hoping CD does a signed/limited set of Mercedes/Keepers/End of Watch. I think Mr. King is proud of those books! and it would be really neat.

B

CD Message that came in my email

Hi Glennon,
    There are only about 50 membership slots left for the new Cemetery Dance Collectors Club, and one of our collectors pointed out that we don’t advertise one VERY cool feature of the club:
    Once a year, the CDCC is offered the opportunity to order Gift Certificates at 50% off the retail price!
    Glenn... I would LOVE to see that. GREAT idea.. a TOP CD production signed limited set of the Trilogy. Brian.. can you get on this my good man? King has not done a signed limited in awhile... maybe your team could do a mock up and present it to him? Keep the number low... under 750 or 500.. and of course get Wrightson, Whelan, Wells (the 3 w's) each to do a book? Oh man... I am just droooling imagining this!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

You stole my idea!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well shit now I am thinking I should join the CDCC just for this set...

Country
    Country Flag

Well shit now I am thinking I should join the CDCC just for this set...
    Me too eh. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just joined - couldn't take the pressure any longer....

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought the last 31 memberships. $3,689 not counting shipping.
    Ouch.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ouch.
    Should have just got a life time membership...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch.
    Years ago I had the chance for lifetime lettered, S/L etc. Could have, should have, would have.
    Sigh.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch.
    Years ago I had the chance for lifetime lettered, S/L etc. Could have, should have, would have.
    Sigh.
    I know of a very interesting Diner in Lisbon Falls that could help you with this....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ouch.
    Sigh.
    I know of a very interesting Diner in Lisbon Falls that could help you with this....
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 890 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast