Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 890 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I find it very interesting to read these posts. As an artist, it can be devastating to read harsh reviews of work on which one has spend hundreds of hours, sometimes under tight deadlines, unless one has grown a skin thick enough to let such things roll off. I know there's work I've put out there that's good; and some--due to whatever circumstances--that's not so good. Hopefully none of it truly stinks, because professional artists always put forth the effort to do their best, at any given time. All artists have their own voice, their own evolution and rate thereof. Viewers apply their own experience, tastes, and emotions to their response to art, consciously or unconsciously--there is no way an artist can please everyone, and in my opinion there should be no such expectation. As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    By the way, in case it's helpful to the discussion, here's the list of artists who have worked on our Stephen King books over the years:

From a Buick 8 -- Bernie Wrightson
    The Secretary of Dreams Volume One -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Blockade Billy -- Glen Orbik (cover) and Alex McVey (interiors)
    The Secretary of Dreams Volume Two -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Full Dark, No Stars -- Tomislav Tikulin (covers); Glenn Chadbourne, Jill Bauman, Alan M. Clark, and Vincent Chong (interiors)
    It: The 25th Anniversary Special Edition -- Glen Orbik (covers), Alan M. Clark & Erin S. Wells (interiors)
    The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Doctor Sleep -- Vincent Chong (cover and color interiors), Erin S. Wells (B&W interiors)
    Carrie -- Tomislav Tikulin

Brian
    Well, I'm glad I didn't tick you off. I didn't want to offend the nicest guy on here.
    If I'm not mistaken, Glenn also did the endpapers for Doctor Sleep, correct? That was something that I appreciated, I think the endpapers are often overlooked but it's one of the first things I look at when I get a new book. After all, it's kind of like permanent wrapping paper for the textblock.

Due to a problem at the binder, we won't have our approval copies of Screamplays until next week. That certainly makes an April publication date difficult without some kind of time machine. So my guess right now is, due to the size of the books and how much handling goes into the packing, Screamplays and the trade edition of Smoke & Mirrors will actually ship in May.

The Limited Edition slipcase for Smoke & Mirrors is already rolling at the slipcase maker and they're saying they'll be done by July. I tossed a DJ on the dummy book when we were testing the approval slipcase the other week. This was the result:

For scale, the trim size is the same as The Secretary of Dreams but there are about 200 more pages in Smoke & Mirrors, so this book is considerably thicker.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Glenn also did the endpapers for Doctor Sleep, correct? That was something that I appreciated, I think the endpapers are often overlooked but it's one of the first things I look at when I get a new book. After all, it's kind of like permanent wrapping paper for the textblock.
    Yes! I'll add that to my list. Felt like something was missing, but I couldn't put a finger on it. Thank you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I like some of Glens art but I would just like to see less of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post
    I find it very interesting to read these posts. As an artist, it can be devastating to read harsh reviews of work on which one has spend hundreds of hours, sometimes under tight deadlines, unless one has grown a skin thick enough to let such things roll off. I know there's work I've put out there that's good; and some--due to whatever circumstances--that's not so good. Hopefully none of it truly stinks, because professional artists always put forth the effort to do their best, at any given time. All artists have their own voice, their own evolution and rate thereof. Viewers apply their own experience, tastes, and emotions to their response to art, consciously or unconsciously--there is no way an artist can please everyone, and in my opinion there should be no such expectation. As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.
    I love your comment Erin, it's always nice to see things from the artist's perspective. I hope that artists will follow what they want to accomplish and not pigeonhole themselves into what's expected of them. It's nice to see artists evolve. Sometimes with the evolution some fans are lost and others gained but its your passion to which you should always stay true. It's your work and the fans are just there to enjoy what you produce.
    I wouldn't expect to like everyone's work and I understand how varied people's tastes are so I try to see things from their perspective but it doesn't change how I feel about it. Most of the time it's just a "I see your point but it just doesn't 'do anything' for me."

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't expect to like everyone's work and I understand how varied people's tastes are so I try to see things from their perspective but it doesn't change how I feel about it. Most of the time it's just a "I see your point but it just doesn't 'do anything' for me."
    ^ Completely valid! Many people won't even consider others' perspectives, and having one's own opinion is not a negative thing; as with your post and others, here, respect is key: open discussion is good, bashing others (thankfully it seems rare) not so good. Thank you!

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Due to a problem at the binder, we won't have our approval copies of Screamplays until next week. That certainly makes an April publication date difficult without some kind of time machine. So my guess right now is, due to the size of the books and how much handling goes into the packing, Screamplays and the trade edition of Smoke & Mirrors will actually ship in May.

The Limited Edition slipcase for Smoke & Mirrors is already rolling at the slipcase maker and they're saying they'll be done by July. I tossed a DJ on the dummy book when we were testing the approval slipcase the other week. This was the result:

For scale, the trim size is the same as The Secretary of Dreams but there are about 200 more pages in Smoke & Mirrors, so this book is considerably thicker.

Brian
    That slipcase and dustjacket look very nice together.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Erin!

John

Someone asked if I was serious about sending artists our way. The answer is YES. Send me scans of some of their work and their contact information, or have them get in touch. Try to keep the attachments under 10 megs total per email, though, because our email gets twitchy about that. Email address is brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll reply within 72 hours to let you know it arrived. Thanks!

Brian

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see Erin posting! Thank you for sharing the perspective of a professional artist.

Brian, I hope we continue to see Erin's work in future Cemetery Dance productions.

Finally: That SMOKE & MIRRORS looks sweet. Looking forward to the S/L this summer!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Brian, I hope we continue to see Erin's work in future Cemetery Dance productions.
    We love working with Erin! She's one of the nicest artists to work with. She created a lot of great art for a project that won't be announced until later this year, but it turned into my favorite Signature Series books to date. Good stuff!

Brian

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear it, Brian! I'll keep an eye out for it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "We're always looking for new artists to work with ..."

*ahem* rachelreadman
    *ahem* I second Rachel and raise you one Harrison Ryan...
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like why not Rachel? Her stuff is amazing, she is nice as pie, she has a passion for these books that other artists don't, and did i say she is the shit? Brian did you see the Remarque she did for the Haven Fund? I think you would have a total win giving her a shot... And I know this whole site would rejoice for her. That's my story and sticking to it!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

*ahem* rachelreadman
    Couldn't agree more, Dick.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*ahem* rachelreadman
    I agree with both. I have a framed Harrison Ryan picture on my shelf that he kindly sent me (for free--he's that awesome!) which is beautiful!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great points, Erin. And thanks for putting your website on your signature--looks like I'll need to find some free wall space!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to wait to see how it did on the secondary market, but I decided to take the plunge and ordered the gift edition of Carrie.

This is my first order from CD in a long long time, and I'm excited to see how things have changed (I'm thinking back to 5-6 years ago when there were consistent delays). I'm really looking forward to these Doubleday Years books, and hopefully Viking Years (?) afterwards.

Are the Viking books something that might be in the cards, Brian?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

That is just crazy. I'm new here but I know that same book sold for like $50 on Betts recently. Why is this going for so much? Can anyone think of any reason at all? I notice that part of this high bidding is done with someone with a feedback of 2 but the current high bidder has a feedback rating of 163. Very curious. Good for CD I guess! Haha

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Odd.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

*ahem* rachelreadman

So that's six for, Rachel so far by my count!!! Me included in case you were wondering.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I'm really looking forward to these Doubleday Years books, and hopefully Viking Years (?) afterwards.

Are the Viking books something that might be in the cards, Brian?
    Now hold on there buddy. It's one thing to spend nearly 2K for these 6 Doubleday books but there are 18 Viking books. That's another 6K!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Odd.
    Someone made a mistake on this one is my guess!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 890 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 ... LastLast