Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 772 of 890 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 770 771 772 773 774 782 822 872 ... LastLast
Results 19,276 to 19,300 of 22240

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

For what it's worth, this is a situation where we had arrangements in place for the sheets to be signed, which is why we offered the book to the CDCC and those who bought the previous book, but when we found out from the author's agent that plans needed to change, we put the official announcement on hold. Everything else for the project IS ready for the printer, and we'll officially announce the book and sell the remaining copies once the sheets are signed.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Brian or Dan,
    Thought I'd check in again to see the latest, anything? anything?
    Since they've reserved the press time for us, I guess it's safe to report we're sending everything for THE CITY OF MIRRORS to the printer by the first week of the October. Due to the time lost around the holidays, I would expect the finished books in January.

Brian
    Brian or Dan,
    I was curious so I thought I'd ask..
    No update info for Justin Cronin on the CD production update page from Sept 19th.
    Last conversation you promised by the 1st week in October to the printers.
    Cook
    Yes to all of your points.

Brian
    Sooo... is everything still a go as planned with the same info?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Brian or Dan,
    Thought I'd check in again to see the latest, anything? anything?
    Since they've reserved the press time for us, I guess it's safe to report we're sending everything for THE CITY OF MIRRORS to the printer by the first week of the October. Due to the time lost around the holidays, I would expect the finished books in January.

Brian
    Brian or Dan,
    I was curious so I thought I'd ask..
    No update info for Justin Cronin on the CD production update page from Sept 19th.
    Last conversation you promised by the 1st week in October to the printers.
    Cook
    Yes to all of your points.

Brian
    Sooo... is everything still a go as planned with the same info?
    Ha... yep!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!
    I believe that you can request your number all the way to just before it ships. That is when they look at the requests.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order.

Brian

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order.

Brian
    This is correct. I'd say you probably have until the 2nd week of October. We just got confirmation that the cases should be here next week, I've just got a couple of things ahead of them in the shipping schedule that I really need to work through first.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Thanks a bunch, Dan and Brian! I shall email her forthwith!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

As with the last time I did this, there will probably be a photo gallery on the site later, but I took a bunch of photos of the Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio today for the website. I dumped them over on the CD forums for now.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ll=1#post99988

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    As with the last time I did this, there will probably be a photo gallery on the site later, but I took a bunch of photos of the Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio today for the website. I dumped them over on the CD forums for now.

Dan is it made of paper again (like Doubleday set) OR like IT?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Nothing like the Doubleday set. It's a case made out of the same cover material that the limited edition is made out of. So it's simillar to IT but a different design. No one here liked the ribbon tie design of IT so we had the case makers come up with a magnetic latch sort of thing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Nothing like the Doubleday set. It's a case made out of the same cover material that the limited edition is made out of. So it's simillar to IT but a different design. No one here liked the ribbon tie design of IT so we had the case makers come up with a magnetic latch sort of thing.
    SICK! I cannot wait.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

If you guys don't want to wait for the photo gallery and can't see the shots on the CD forum I posted some choice ones on my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B263NQBJ..._web_copy_link

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys don't want to wait for the photo gallery and can't see the shots on the CD forum I posted some choice ones on my Instagram.

Exactly what I pictured and hoped for. Nice job!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

I don't know if I've ever posted about why we went back to a more traditional folder for the Doubleday Years, but here's the short version:

No one wanted the IT Artwork Portfolios.

Here's the longer version:

We priced the IT Artwork Portfolios as low as we could because we know art related stuff is a niche market, and in the end we priced them too low because we barely broke even once the fancy portfolios were paid for... and no one wanted them.

Most people said the price was the problem. Too expensive for artwork.

We sold maybe 250 of the 500 by the time the Artwork Portfolio was produced. It took nearly a year to sell the other 250 and many of those were in heavily discounted sales.

(Of course, now look at what a matching Limited Edition and Portfolio will get you!)

So, when it came time for the Doubleday Years, we switched back to a more traditional paper folder, which we jazzed up by printing full-color artwork on them. (In the past, the folders usually had a sticker with the title of the project and maybe a small piece of artwork.)

This, along with the smaller prints, let us get the price point down where people wanted it. We could also increase the run, so everyone who wanted matching numbers could get matching numbers.

But then some collectors were unhappy that they weren't getting an IT style folder for the $50 price... when those folders alone cost more than $50 each to produce...

This was the ultimate "there's no pleasing everyone" we've ever encountered.

Brian

Photos are on the product page for the portfolio

https://www.cemeterydance.com/sleepi...portfolio.html

Bonus I snapped some shots of the IT portfolio as well. These actually turned out better than the pictures of the SB folio.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/it-artwork-portfolio.html

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I've ever posted about why we went back to a more traditional folder for the Doubleday Years, but here's the short version:

We priced the IT Artwork Portfolios as low as we could because we know art related stuff is a niche market, and in the end we priced them too low because we barely broke even once the fancy portfolios were paid for... and no one wanted them.

We sold maybe 250 of the 500 by the time the Artwork Portfolio was produced. It took nearly a year to sell the other 250 and many of those were in heavily discounted sales.

(Of course, now look at what a matching Limited Edition and Portfolio will get you!)

So, when it came time for the Doubleday Years, we switched back to a more traditional paper folder, which we jazzed up by printing full-color artwork on them. (In the past, the folders usually had a sticker with the title of the project and maybe a small piece of artwork.)

This, along with the smaller prints, let us get the price point down where people wanted it. We could also increase the run, so everyone who wanted matching numbers could get matching numbers.

But then some collectors were unhappy that they weren't getting an IT style folder for the $50 price... when those folders alone cost more than $50 each to produce...

Brian
    So true so true Bri... you cannot please everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Brian
    I will take an IT portfolio, if you find an extra in that HUGE warehouse. I love that photo cracks me up everytime.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sweet! Looks fantastic!

(Now if only I could remember if I ordered one. To the CD site, Robin!)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

THE CITY OF MIRRORS is headed to the printer today. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone here was waiting for news. I'll do an official update on the site soon.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

THE CITY OF MIRRORS is headed to the printer today. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone here was waiting for news. I'll do an official update on the site soon.

Brian

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Hi Brian, is CD going to (or already has and i cant find it) be getting any of the signed copies of Ten Word Tragedies from PS? Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.
    That’s pretty fantastic. I had 3/4 of the cenobites and the woman who played Kirsty sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 772 of 890 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 770 771 772 773 774 782 822 872 ... LastLast