Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 890 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 ... LastLast
Results 12,351 to 12,375 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Any chance of an awesome slipcase from CD for Joe Hills The Fireman?
    My crystal ball says that seems very likely, but we'll have a better idea in about a week.

Brian
    Ugh!! This is just going to make me want slipcases for NOS4A2, Horns and Heart Shaped Box. So be prepared to commit to all of that too.
    We've talked about it! Maybe we'll do some polling of our collectors after The Fireman slipcase is announced to see who might be interested in cases for the above?

Brian
    20th Century Ghosts US 1st needs a slipcase with that black fabric binding.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian... I think you and Richard seriously need to get King to sign a WONDERFUL 3 books limited set for the Hodges Trilogy!!!! You know how many people here will be happy?
    Brian answered alot of questions, but he skipped yours.... i think his non answer could be a clue... But i would rephrase your question. You are asking how many people here will be happy? I would say 147.

The question to Brian is: has there been a discussion with SK or his people regarding the possibility of a signed/limited trilogy set of my new favorite SK trilogy. Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers and End of Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Brian... I think you and Richard seriously need to get King to sign a WONDERFUL 3 books limited set for the Hodges Trilogy!!!! You know how many people here will be happy?
    Brian answered alot of questions, but he skipped yours.... i think his non answer could be a clue... But i would rephrase your question. You are asking how many people here will be happy? I would say 147.

The question to Brian is: has there been a discussion with SK or his people regarding the possibility of a signed/limited trilogy set of my new favorite SK trilogy. Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers and End of Watch?
    I haven't heard any rumblings about any sort of Limited Edition, but I think it would be an awesome set.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I haven't heard any rumblings about any sort of Limited Edition, but I think it would be an awesome set.

Brian

Rumble, Rumble, Rumble...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha this is gold
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

How about publishing a special series of classic and gothic Horror books?

I know that a few other publishers have gone down this route, but I for one would love to see CD or Lonely Road Books produce super deluxe, oversized editions of the following....

Inferno by Dante Alighieri. Artwork by Caniglia would be perfect for this!

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Dracula by Bram Stoker.

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Artwork by David Palumbo would fit perfectly!

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.

Hell House by Richard Matheson.

Ghost Story by Peter Straub.

Is this something you could consider doing? I think a CD / Lonely Road Books production of the above would be absolutely stellar!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Centipede Press has done many (most) of those titles within the past six years or so. All have been very, very nice.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Centipede Press has done many (most) of those titles within the past six years or so. All have been very, very nice.
    From the above 7 titles, Centipede Press have only published 3 of them: Frankenstein, Dracula and Hell House....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No since reinventing (publishing) the wheel.
    Spoiler:
    Unless of course you can produce a book that people are happy to buy. If you don't want it, don't buy it. New ideas for existing King titles are far better than no ideas at all.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    From the above 7 titles, Centipede Press have only published 3 of them: Frankenstein, Dracula and Hell House....
    Yes. You are right. I was relying on my memory which one of these days I will learn not to do so much. In that genre of classic horror they have also done Jekyll & Hyde and The Golem. And they have done a couple of other Straub titles but not Ghost Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Spoiler:
    Unless of course you can produce a book that people are happy to buy. If you don't want it, don't buy it. New ideas for existing King titles are far better than no ideas at all.
    Please reread. I didn't say anyone shouldn't do them. I just said some have recently been done and with very high production standards. Dracula (and the other titles for all I know) have been in print since it was first published in 1897. It (and probably the other older titles) are in public domain so I think anyone can make an edition and sell it without getting permission from Bram Stoker's heirs or estate. The trick, as I see it, is to make one that is better than the ones that came before. Centipede Press set the bar pretty high with its various editions of Dracula.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I want all the Joe Hill slipcases.

Brian, given the size and weight of the Justin Cronin S/L's, I'm concerned that making one slipcase that holds all three volumes will be unwieldy and perhaps prone to damage. Any chance of reconsidering and offering a separate slipcase for each book?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I want all the Joe Hill slipcases.

Brian, given the size and weight of the Justin Cronin S/L's, I'm concerned that making one slipcase that holds all three volumes will be unwieldy and perhaps prone to damage. Any chance of reconsidering and offering a separate slipcase for each book?
    We'll see how big the third book ends up being. It's 250,000 words in manuscript, so I project our Limited Edition to be around 800 pages. The three of them together might end up being too unwieldy. We shall see and go from there!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Spoiler:
    Please reread. I didn't say anyone shouldn't do them. I just said some have recently been done and with very high production standards. Dracula (and the other titles for all I know) have been in print since it was first published in 1897. It (and probably the other older titles) are in public domain so I think anyone can make an edition and sell it without getting permission from Bram Stoker's heirs or estate. The trick, as I see it, is to make one that is better than the ones that came before. Centipede Press set the bar pretty high with its various editions of Dracula.

Please reread.
    I never questioned your post (just captioned it for clarity about reissues).
    The comment about reinventing the wheel was a setup for the Spoiler comment.

I guess it didn't work well. I should have used emoticons or the irony symbol.

I think any new book (even for previously published books) that is imaginative in design and compelling with art, is worth consideration.

I love the books CD is doing.
    Renowned artists are creating images we have never seen, and many are available to DT.org members as well as the public.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Brian - two questions - 1) when will the Carrie portfolios with remarques be shipping
    2) will palumbo be doing remarques for portfolios?
    1) I will have more info about this on Monday.

2) I should have a better idea about this next week as well!

Brian
    I was making arrangements to attend Justin Cronin's signing for The City of Mirrors and it occurred to me to see where things stood on The Twelve Lettered edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Brian - two questions - 1) when will the Carrie portfolios with remarques be shipping
    2) will palumbo be doing remarques for portfolios?
    1) Soon. Glenn did a special "wash" finish on the artwork, which has required us to flatten a little bit of a roll out of the paper. We'll include a note about the process with the portfolios. It's pretty cool.

2) Yes, he will!

Best,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I was making arrangements to attend Justin Cronin's signing for The City of Mirrors and it occurred to me to see where things stood on The Twelve Lettered edition?
    It's one of six projects our traycase maker has been working on for some time now, but Mindy just heard from him last week and it sounds like he's making progress and these should ship before The City of Mirrors is published. And then hopefully The City of Mirrors case will be much faster.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's one of six projects our traycase maker has been working on for some time now, but Mindy just heard from him last week and it sounds like he's making progress and these should ship before The City of Mirrors is published. And then hopefully The City of Mirrors case will be much faster.

Brian
    Thanks. Is it safe to assume the lettered City of Mirrors will match the first two as opposed to being done in CD's new way of doing lettered editions?

Brian
    Thanks. Is it safe to assume the lettered City of Mirrors will match the first two as opposed to being done in CD's new way of doing lettered editions?
    You are correct!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    Did you guys get my email regarding my mangled shipment?
    I emailed ya'll the other day and haven't heard back.
    -Terry

Looks like someone at the shipper decided to take a flat-head screwdriver to the box.

the Prince of Stories limitededition.... scratch goes all the way into the actual book

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Brian,
    Did you guys get my email regarding my mangled shipment?
    I emailed ya'll the other day and haven't heard back.
    -Terry
    Mindy reports she has your email and she is looking into it and will reply as soon as she can!

Brian

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks...
    I lost mindy's email when my other computer crashed last year, so I was hoping the one I sent that email to was a valid readable one.
    must be.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone, I mean anyone, have a copy of Cemetery Dance Magazine Volume 2 Number 4 which is actually #6?
    I'm looking for a copy.
    Please reply!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Does anyone, I mean anyone, have a copy of Cemetery Dance Magazine Volume 2 Number 4 which is actually #6?
    I'm looking for a copy.
    Please reply!
    Picture of cover would help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 890 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 ... LastLast