Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 645 of 890 FirstFirst ... 145 545 595 635 643 644 645 646 647 655 695 745 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,125 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Was there a coupon for CDCC members for sleeping beauties?
    No discount. We did get a chance to purchase early though.
    Is that pretty much the case for King books? I ask because since becoming a CDCC member I've been able to apply the club discount on everything but Sleeping Beauties. I thought I was doing something wrong or they had a different code for this particular book.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot there even was a coupon code with the CDCC, lol, but like Brian said there was advance notice. Which I used to order the S/L I signed up for the half year but will continue to sign up every year. I'm sad I missed out on the hoodie this year! C'mon people, I live in Maine give a girl a break and have an extra one

Quick question: Is there any news on when Six Scary Stories might ship? I must have ordered the slipcase.
    I imagine with Gwendy's showing up early Dan needs some time to calm his palpitations

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I would like to go on record and say that I saw nothing amiss in RC65's post; it struck me as a simple factual statement that made its point and that's it.

FWIW, if someone were to criticize CD for trying to drum up profit, I too would find that offensive, but I didn't get a whiff of that in this post.

And while I agree with this...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    Why fly off the handle rather than asking the poster to clarify his statement?
    I think this...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    I've neg rep'd RF.
    ...was a bit strong - I believe RF was coming from the right place (defending CD) and that his misread of RC65's post was an honest mistake.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I am wondering when the first email went out to able to purchase Sleeping Beauty S/L
    I got a "We have a very limited supply remaining to offer of the Traycased Oversized"
    email at 230 EST yeaterday. Did people in a club or something get one first?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm seconding this!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have to say... these books BLEW ME AWAY. Brian is there any chance that you guys could do something like this for a King book? It would surely be the most amazing collectable out there... I find these fascinating. This is something I would LOVE to have on my shelf.. you would show it off to anyone who would looK! Boys N girls take a look

OH!! almost forgot.. some of them can be bought for under a $100 if you look... so it is doable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-_Oxb_iVQ
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I'm seconding this!

I have to say... these books BLEW ME AWAY. Brian is there any chance that you guys could do something like this for a King book? It would surely be the most amazing collectable out there... I find these fascinating. This is something I would LOVE to have on my shelf.. you would show it off to anyone who would looK! Boys N girls take a look

OH!! almost forgot.. some of them can be bought for under a $100 if you look... so it is doable!

Really eh? Can you imagine a King S/L like this???????????????????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I am wondering when the first email went out to able to purchase Sleeping Beauty S/L
    I got a "We have a very limited supply remaining to offer of the Traycased Oversized"
    Yes. Membership has its benefits...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Disapointing but good to know.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm seconding this!

I think the Darkman Lettered was like that.
    EDIT: check the video at the bottom

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...oem+-+Lettered

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Has Lonely Road book edition of The Fall shipped yet?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Is that pretty much the case for King books? I ask because since becoming a CDCC member I've been able to apply the club discount on everything but Sleeping Beauties. I thought I was doing something wrong or they had a different code for this particular book.
    Not always. Usually for SK limited editions there is not a code but you get early access which is amazing considering people will usually take a day off work to be ready to order one. However, for trade editions you get codes like the GBB trade I believe there was a code available but not for the limited (access once again). Also there are random emails that contain items ONLY for CDCC and can be a King collectible like the artwork last year.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I'm seconding this!

I think the Darkman Lettered was like that.
    EDIT: check the video at the bottom

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...oem+-+Lettered
    haha sorry mate.. not even close! Did you not watch the video?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that CD never makes cheesy plastic shit.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I really hope that CD never makes cheesy plastic shit.
    Well I hope not too... but something outside the box is more what I mean Brian...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

MikeC.... Just to clarify. The CDCC members pay a yearly membership fee to be a part of the CDCC... that is why they get advance notice. It's open to everyone to join as well. No reason to be disappointed that they were able to order this earlier than the general public.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    RC65, upon reading your post it came off as petty to me too. I interpreted your post as saying it was a money grab by King and CD.

Thanks for the clarification. Remember that when reading text in a forum such as this, the interpretation of ones statement is up to the reader. It always needs to be crystal clear.
    We are not writing literature here, lol or even escapist fiction. Interpretation and the tendency to easily escalate to hissy fit is often the reader's fault, especially on message boards

2c
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    RC65, upon reading your post it came off as petty to me too. I interpreted your post as saying it was a money grab by King and CD.

Thanks for the clarification. Remember that when reading text in a forum such as this, the interpretation of ones statement is up to the reader. It always needs to be crystal clear.
    We are not writing literature here, lol or even escapist fiction. Interpretation and the tendency to easily escalate to hissy fit is often the reader's fault, especially on message boards

2c
    And just what exactly do you mean by that??????

spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    MikeC.... Just to clarify. The CDCC members pay a yearly membership fee to be a part of the CDCC... that is why they get advance notice. It's open to everyone to join as well. No reason to be disappointed that they were able to order this earlier than the general public.
    I know it's a pay service. I get it. Maybe I just never noticed before that they got advance notice before.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

NO CODE or Coupon or Discount. I predicted correctly, that we would not get our 50% off coupon to buy gift certificates in March or April either. I did not have the foresight to buy ENOUGH gift certificates to cover these TWO Big surprise announcements. LOoking forward to both books!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's a pay service. I get it. Maybe I just never noticed before that they got advance notice before.
    Hmm. No not really. You are (and I will apologise if I have taken this out of context) insinuating that if you pay extra you will get a jump on any other SK collector. Yes it requires payment to become a member of "the club" but there are no guarantees. The offer is for "discounts and early access" but it is never definitive as to what those will be. CD covers many more authors than just King and many of the discounts and offers reflect that. It just so happens that in this instance an early bird offer WAS for a King S/L.

Neither is it a closed club, anyone is free to take up the offer on a 6 monthly or yearly basis. you are not tied in beyond that. For me, I got an immediate discount on a book I was going to buy anyway which covered almost the cost of the membership - No brainer and the early access to the S/L was a bonus.

Having said all that, I don't think ANYONE who collects King has ever regretted signing up!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I underestimated too and was hoping another opportunity to purchase more GCs at 50% off would come along.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkeeper View Post
    I underestimated too and was hoping another opportunity to purchase more GCs at 50% off would come along.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I doubt anyone of us were predicting Two King S/Ls this year

Hmm. No not really. You are (and I will apologise if I have taken this out of context) insinuating that if you pay extra you will get a jump on any other SK collector. Yes it requires payment to become a member of "the club" but there are no guarantees. The offer is for "discounts and early access" but it is never definitive as to what those will be. CD covers many more authors than just King and many of the discounts and offers reflect that. It just so happens that in this instance an early bird offer WAS for a King S/L.

Neither is it a closed club, anyone is free to take up the offer on a 6 monthly or yearly basis. you are not tied in beyond that. For me, I got an immediate discount on a book I was going to buy anyway which covered almost the cost of the membership - No brainer and the early access to the S/L was a bonus.

Having said all that, I don't think ANYONE who collects King has ever regretted signing up!
    No I get it.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm seconding this!

Looks cool, but I would be a little too paranoid to let it handle my books, did see how rough he had to handle the book at the 30sec mark. I guess using one for a 1st/1st of a recent book would be ok. Also, I could see the value of the S/L varying greatly depending on any mechanical/electrical flaws in the device. Definitely would be a run on any extra cases (valuts?) if used for a S/L.

I could see a Christine version, making a revving engine noise as a trunk or hood pops open. Maybe a coffin for Salem's lot.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

NO CODE or Coupon or Discount. I predicted correctly, that we would not get our 50% off coupon to buy gift certificates in March or April either. I did not have the foresight to buy ENOUGH gift certificates to cover these TWO Big surprise announcements. LOoking forward to both books!
    Yeah, I seriously underestimated how many I should buy last year. I ran out in September.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 645 of 890 FirstFirst ... 145 545 595 635 643 644 645 646 647 655 695 745 ... LastLast