Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 890 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my order for the second printing yesterday. I got the first and thought I may as well get the second printing as well what the heck. They didn't even bother shrinkwrapping these. They could have at least have done that for the order after all I'm not a "library".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also got my second printing of Blockade Billy the day before yesterday. As noted, it was not shrinkwrapped. No big deal, though. I plan on taking the shrinkwrap off my first printing when I receive the slipcase for it. I doubt that being in the shrinkwrap for a year or so ( ) will make a difference.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Also i think the postage was $14!!!! Really wish i hadn't botherd getting the book from CD, must not have had much sleep the day when i ordered them i think!
    I hate the way CD always ship out international orders last, why the hell do they do that?. Ours are going to take far longer to receive than domestic orders so ours should be sent first, then instead of getting the books a month (or whatever) later than US buyers we would only be a few weeks behind them.

It feels really great paying a hefty shipping fee (you always know these small press publishers are gonna charge like double what Amazon does - some of the high charges make you sick when you realise places like book depos can afford to deliver ANY book for free worldwide and still make a profit) for a wafer thin book then knowing you've been put at the back of the queue for shipping. Just awesome!.

My copy might be here in the UK now, I've had a sorry you were out thing through the door the last two days so it might be it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wholeheartedly second your post Cloysterpete!

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Cloysterpete, how much was your shippingcost?
    I have not have any request of shippingcost from CD yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Cloysterpete, how much was your shippingcost?
    I have not have any request of shippingcost from CD yet.
    Oh that's one of CD's quirks they don't actually tell you, I never even know how much it is until I check how much my card has been charged and then I try not to look as it's always way more than it should be.

This is the first order I've bought from CD since SOD1, why didn't I buy elsewhere

Hmm, I hope Amazon gets some copies of SOD2, shipping on that one will be rather excessive.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post

I hate the way CD always ship out international orders last, why the hell do they do that?. Ours are going to take far longer to receive than domestic orders so ours should be sent first, then instead of getting the books a month (or whatever) later than US buyers we would only be a few weeks behind them.
    To be fair, so does Centipede Press. And DMG.
    And I believe, most US based publishers.

sk

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    And to be even more fair, PS Publishing does the same to it's international customers.

So it looks like it is common practice for each country to ship their domestic shipments first before working on their international shipments.

I think it makes more sense to get the easy shipments out of the way first then focus on the more difficult ones.

Just my opinion based on the service I've received from sellers outside the US.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem with CD is that they seem to rip you off with foreign shipping prices!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    The reason being, it takes longer to process foreign orders, at least for me.

I have to have the exact weight for each package.

When it's all the same being shipped out, that's fine, but we still end up doing them last cause of the paperwork that's involved as well.

Domestic orders are basically a peal and stick type of thing. Foreign have to have customs paperwork and all different postage depending upon where it's going.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I've just been charged for foreign shipping and it was pretty cheap. It costed 36 dollars 5 copies of the book, which leaves each copy 7.20 dls for shipping.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The problem with CD is that they seem to rip you off with foreign shipping prices!
    That's not my experience.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a clue what CD's "Huge News" is going to be and when this week are they going to let us know.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet its SOD 3!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Updated version of Justin's bibliography? (kidding )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3rd printing of Blockade Billy?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

2009 Holiday (xmas) issue of magazine shipping now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

They just found Glenn Chadbourne in the warehouse and he'll begin the illustrations for SOD 2 within the next few months!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo56 View Post
    They just found Glenn Chadbourne in the warehouse and he'll begin the illustrations for SOD 2 within the next few months!
    To be fair none of these problems are Glenns fault, he's very disapointed about the delays too!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know when the slipcases will be ready?
    Has anyone gotten the UTD slipcase from CD yet? God I hope so it has been awhile now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo56 View Post
    To be fair none of these problems are Glenns fault, he's very disapointed about the delays too!
    You're absolutely right, but they're always "finding" something in their warehouse, so I thought a finding a person would be new development.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If they ever find a person in their warehouse it's probably the emaciated corpse of the guy in charge of shipping my copy of Blockade Billy... 'aahhh, so Jim wasn't away on holidays after all...'

(yes I'm still waiting and yes, it pisses me off... I should have purchased a copy from Betts)

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    (yes I'm still waiting and yes, it pisses me off... I should have purchased a copy from Betts)
    Hmmm. Some have definitely made it over this side of the ocean - my two copies came last Friday (to Ireland).

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hmmm. Some have definitely made it over this side of the ocean - my two copies came last Friday (to Ireland).
    That maybe because you ordered yours early? I ordered my copy late and it was shipped on saturday i think!

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered my copy literally ten minutes after the site went live - I knew the 'Big Announcement' would be made that day and I checked the CD site multiple times (I was also the one who posted the first news about Blockade Billy here in The Corner).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 890 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast