Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 890 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 739 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It was my first work with an ISBN! "Effect of Ionic Packing on Conformation and on Hydrogen Bonding in Alkylammonium Salts." (1988)
    None on ABE! The value must be off the charts! Let's rush a limited edition immediately!
    A lettered, a numbered and a trade for me, please.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian given your comments in Joyland thread about other outlets having copies available following sold out notices is it worth me checking with http://www.pspublishing.co.uk at all tomorrow once you've managed to sell all your copies!

:-)
    Last edited by shaq; 05-13-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Sht called you bev, sorry Brian, losing the plot, too giddy waiting
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

An extremely limited edition of 7 or 8 copies. Each one signed by me and my entire examining committee.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will CD start using the NF website? Maybe let them sell a few of each? That was really fun and confusing - I think it all adds to the book buying experience.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

C'mon Brian, it is the afternoon.....time to post a hint (pic)....

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chad,

I've already checked their uk buddies website, and emailed them in case!

Lol

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Chad,

I've already checked their uk buddies website, and emailed them in case!

Lol
    now that is thinking ahead - all i know is if I miss out I will have to call in a few favors

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Soon!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Soon!

Brian
    It'll probably be like one of those "What is this a picture of...?" things where they show a picture of something taken with an electron microscope and you have no idea what it is until the final reveal
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is one of threads I had been needing to get caught up on. Highly entertaining! Brian, you are such a tease.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

This sample probably isn't going to do anyone any good, but I liked it, so here we are:

(contest has ended, winners will be emailed tomorrow evening if I'm still able to type!)

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Soon!

Brian
    You're really enjoying this, aren't you!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

This sample probably isn't going to do anyone any good, but I liked it, so here we are:

Reminder: if anyone wants to send me their guess of what we're announcing, email me directly. I'll have something to randomly give away to ONE of the people who guess correctly. So you don't have to be first, you just have to be right. Contest ends whenever I have time to look at the emails.

brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com is the address.

If you want to give a reason for how you decided on your guess, you'll get bonus points!

Brian
    In The Tall Grass or Children Of The Corn?

Country
    Country Flag

The plant because of erm....the plants

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Soon!

Brian
    I actually really enjoyed working on this entire project. I mean, all of the King books are a lot of fun to work on, but working with Glenn over a couple of months on something like this is even more fun.

Brian

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    An extremely limited edition of 7 or 8 copies. Each one signed by me and my entire examining committee.
    That's what I call limited! I think I had 200 copies printed of my PhD thesis (a large number went to colleagues and to the university library, I think there were only about 10 people actually asking for a copy).

There was only one proof, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

King's finishing "The Plant" and doing a new limited edition of that one would have been... interesting. Personally, I think that the emphasis on "Dark" means that it will have something to do with Flagg specifically, perhaps something along the lines of "Secretary of Dreams" where "The Dark Man" and perhaps other works receive a similar treatment with copious illustrations.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Soon!

Brian
    I actually really enjoyed working on this entire project. I mean, all of the King books are a lot of fun to work on, but working with Glenn over a couple of months on something like this is even more fun.

Brian
    So it's definitely a King book then

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of two volumes, I don't think we've ever discussed this publicly, but there were A LOT of pre-production discussions about splitting our edition of IT into two volumes due to the size. It would have pushed the costs higher and we just couldn't get a feel for how people *really* felt about past King special editions that had to go the two book route. In the end, we let the man who makes the final call on all important aspects make the decision and, as you know, we ended up with one very big book.

But, just so I know for future projects, if we ever have to consider splitting a King book into two volumes for the special edition, how would you feel about that?

(I can say with 100% certainly this has NOTHING to do with tomorrow's announcement. I've just always been curious.)

Brian
    I was happy with one big book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Two volumes should only be used if the book is one in a series where you want the same book height and depth (DTIV, DTVII S/L).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any problem with two volume sets if they make sense from the publisher's production expert perspective. I like my DT IV, DT VII and THE TALISMAN S/L's.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Reminder: if anyone wants to send me their guess of what we're announcing, email me directly. I'll have something to randomly give away to ONE of the people who guess correctly. So you don't have to be first, you just have to be right. Contest ends whenever I have time to look at the emails.

brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com is the address.

If you want to give a reason for how you decided on your guess, you'll get bonus points!

Brian
    In The Tall Grass or Children Of The Corn?

The Monkey... I think I see opposable thumbs.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see quite a few hidden (subliminal?) images.
    That or it's a Rorschach test...and I'm not revealing my first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I see quite a few hidden (subliminal?) images.
    That or it's a Rorschach test...and I'm not revealing my first impression.
    HA!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no objection to two volume editions. The DT editions done in that manner look awesome, and so it wouldn't put me off purchasing something like that in the future...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 890 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 739 ... LastLast