Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 890 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 610 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Brian do you have a shipping date for Full Dark No Stars slipcase?
    The aftermarket case for the trade edition? Let me check with the slipcase maker on that one. He's our "other" case maker that we use for smaller runs (100 to 200 units), and he was closed for all of December, so I know he wasn't able to start it until this month. I will check and let you know what he's up to!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    That black galley of FD, NS has me wondering about something--when you guys do a limited edition of a book from another publisher how do you get the manuscript? Does King's office send you an electronic copy? Does it come from Scribner? Is the manuscript considered closed to changes when you get it? Does the black galley get used mainly to check formatting and desktop publishing or are you still checking for typos, spelling, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Brian,
    That black galley of FD, NS has me wondering about something--when you guys do a limited edition of a book from another publisher how do you get the manuscript? Does King's office send you an electronic copy? Does it come from Scribner? Is the manuscript considered closed to changes when you get it? Does the black galley get used mainly to check formatting and desktop publishing or are you still checking for typos, spelling, etc.?
    The general answer is: sometimes we receive a manuscript from the author and sometimes we purchase a file from the New York publisher -- it often depends when we get the rights for the book.

If the New York publisher hasn't started production yet, we'll both receive the manuscript from the author and copyedit it independently. You might find slight differences between the editions in this case. No manuscript comes in 100% clean, and we always send anything we catch to the other publisher, just to make sure they notice it, too.

If we get the rights "late in the game" and the New York publisher has finished their production work, we can usually arrange to purchase a copy of their final, copyedited text for a fee. This is also the case when the author's original manuscript has undergone a lot of copyediting and changes after he or she turned it in. Sometimes you just have to wait for the New York publisher's file to be ready because too much has changed. We still have to proofread the book, of course, because we designed a completely new edition and you never know what'll happen during that process -- glitches can occur. Plus no one's proofreaders are perfect, so you just want to be sure something didn't slip through!

We've also had many projects over the years where we published the book as a Limited Edition and then a New York publisher acquired the mass market rights and asked about getting our designed files to "jump start" their production to save a few steps. That is also very common.

I hope this information is helpful!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's very interesting. It never occurred to me that you would have to pay for the publisher's file, but I guess it makes sense if they have a lot of time invested in proofing and editing the original manuscript. Thanks for the info, Brian.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Plus no one's proofreaders are perfect, so you just want to be sure something didn't slip through!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Let me volunteer my services as a proofreader, I promise to be perfect. Note: I made all A's in English / Literature in high school and college.... and as most on here can attest... I'm very anal retentive.

Just send all those proofs my way and I'll help you guys out (I'm very affordable).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too am a good reader! Send the prooves to me!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    The long delayed CD books that I have on order are
    • Centuries Best Horror
    • 15 Year Celebration (Name Change Pending)
    • In Laymons Terms
    • Dark Delicacies
    • Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror
    • The Horror Hall of Fame: The Stoker Winners

There are a few others but those are the biggies. I asked about the Laymon book because it is listed a coming soon. I am looking forward to 2011 being as productive from CD as 2010 was!
    Don't forget Clive Barker: The Dark Fantastic: The Authorized Biography, which I also consider a biggie considering I paid $400 for a lettered edition 10 years ago.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have lots on order, but they are all lettered edition, so I might have a long wait!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Plus no one's proofreaders are perfect, so you just want to be sure something didn't slip through!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Let me volunteer my services as a proofreader, I promise to be perfect. Note: I made all A's in English / Literature in high school and college.... and as most on here can attest... I'm very anal retentive.

Just send all those proofs my way and I'll help you guys out (I'm very affordable).
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Patrick:

I'm a tenth grade dropout and I can't recall the last book in which I didn't find typos or grammatical errors. I too am available for proofing/editing. I am free. I'll just neglect to return books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Received today!

Only one is mine.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Great pic, Ari.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Wow is right!!!

Congrats, Ari......

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Would you say that is a "handful" of books? More than a handful? Less?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

that counts for more than a handful, it's more of a boocootie of books.

Ari must be the south american outlet mall for CD

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari on the street corner slowly opening his coat-

Psssst......want to buy a book

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari... on the corner in a BIG shag hat and lots of bling - hey mister, want a good time? - try one of these...
    Pimp those books Ari!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who the heck is getting the rest of those Ari?, I never knew King has so many fans in Argentina!.

Would be interesting to know just how many copies went out to which countries, how big is the US to foreign split?, 70/30, or more like 90/10?.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, the spanish publisher of Stephen King gave to me and a friend (and also translator of King's books in Spain and Latam) the management of the official Facebook group, which has already more than 8700 fans. So it's easy to promote some books.

Also, I'm also part of a local store dedicated to Stephen King. We sold the book there as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Which one is yours?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You really don't need all those, Ari, right? I mean, it would be pretty rude of me if I didn't offer to take a couple off your hands. You know, because I'm a good person.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually, the Spanish publisher of Stephen King gave to me and a friend (and also translator of King's books in Spain and Latam) the management of the official Facebook group, which has already more than 8700 fans. So it's easy to promote some books.

Also, I'm also part of a local store dedicated to Stephen King. We sold the book there as well.
    I did not know these things.

You might as well post a link to this Facebook group so we can all practice our Spanish.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 890 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 610 ... LastLast