Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 890 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

Justin Brooks has classified Cycle of the Werewolf as a novella in his bibliography (entry A22).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No hard and fast rules, but I'll go with the definition the Nebula Awards uses. Thanks to Bev Vincent for the info.
    Wikipedia is great. The opening paragraph for 'Novella' states:
    A novella (also called a short novel) is a written, fictional, prose narrative longer than a novelette but shorter than a novel. The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America Nebula Awards for science fiction define the novella as having a word count between 17,500 and 40,000.[1] Other definitions start as low as 10,000 words and run as high as 70,000 words.[2][3][4]

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Here's what CD told the Mod at SKMB...

Once BLOCKADE BILLY is here and shipped, we will send SECRETARY #2 to press.
    What a crock. I guess the UNDER THE DOME excuse was wearing thin, so now they have a new excuse. SOD II has been paid for, it should have been sent to press long before now.

To me the message is that CD has no money to print SOD II. They need the positive net cashflow from BLOCKADE sales to afford to continue the SOD II publication process that their customers already paid them to do.
    I ordered my Riding the Bullet and Blockade Billy from The Overlook Connection even though they are getting the books from CD and Lonely Road (CD in disguise) just cause I couldn't bring myself to actually pay CD directly!!

I realize I'll probably get a second printing, but at this point I no longer care. Better that Dave should have to deal with them than me!!!! Actually, I should amend my collection such that if it ain't published by Schuster (et al) or DMG I don't want it. What incredible cojones they got over there!!! And they still send "updates" with no update info!!! They also expect you to order new books!!! I think they actually come from the "Lost" Flash-sideway's world. That's the only plausible delivery explanation. Its tricky getting books off the island and past Jacob. LOL

You guys want a hoot? Go back and read this thread from the beginning like I did. It's awesome!!! If King is actually, like someone else posted, trying to help these guys out with Blockade Billy he is in dire need of a Shrink. Lets see, the excuses I believe go as follows:

1. Chizmar's Dad dies, evrything on hold for a year (very sad, but c'mon!!)
    2. Chadbourne does more art
    3. UTD comes out (and that affects publication how?)
    4. Blockade Billy is being released (No way we can send shit to the printer now!!! LOL)

That's just four that I can recall. Anyone else?

I don't understand how an author the stature of Stephen King can allow a publisher to treat his loyal fan base like this!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That last post was dead on...

Really, the sad thing is this should be a moment of excitement about a new book, and because of the publisher's poor reputation, they get legitimately criticized instead. I have not the slightest sympathy.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the obvious explanation is that he just doesn't know. He's probably being fed the same everything's-on-track spiel that they're feeding the rest of us. That, or he's not even aware that anything's wrong. I'm sure he's too busy with everything else to worry about a publisher not doing what's easily expected of them. Can't blame King for Cemetery Dance's misdoings.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    Well, the obvious explanation is that he just doesn't know. He's probably being fed the same everything's-on-track spiel that they're feeding the rest of us. Can't blame King for the publisher's misdoings.
    No you can't, but to think that he is unaware of the situation and CD's reputation is naive don't you think? At the very least someone in his employ is gotta be responsible for keeping him up to date on things. Someone actually posted earlier that he was trying to help them out. Yet he keeps giving them books and they keep disappointing fans. I think it was nerak who asked "Why not give DMG more work?" That's a damn good question. I have had some issues with DMG delivery which, were actually very minor and, pale in comparison to CD. They do just as good a job, if not better, of publishing the titles as CD.

We should start a pool on the actual delivery dates for Riding the Bullet and Blockade Billy from CD. LOL Put me down for Christmas 2010 LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Well, the obvious explanation is that he just doesn't know. He's probably being fed the same everything's-on-track spiel that they're feeding the rest of us. That, or he's not even aware that anything's wrong. I'm sure he's too busy with everything else to worry about a publisher not doing what's easily expected of them. Can't blame King for Cemetery Dance's misdoings.
    Can't blame him but you can wonder why he would continue to do business with them when a small press like Centipede issues, on time, what many consider to be one of the finest SK limteds ever done yet refuses to allow that same publisher to issue any further limiteds while Cemetery Dance is afforded opportunity after opportunity to flounder with SOD and the like.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Can't blame him but you can wonder why he would continue to do business with them when a small press like Centipede issues, on time, what many consider to be one of the finest SK limteds ever done yet refuses to allow that same publisher to issue any further limiteds while Cemetery Dance is afforded opportunity after opportunity to flounder with SOD and the like.
    No, you're absolutely right. I'd rather he publish with other small presses over CD any day. But I'd also like to think that if he actually knew what kind of disservice CD's doing to his work that he'd sever ties. I mean it's not like CD runs over and tells him every time they fail to meet their pub. dates for one of his books.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever asked MS Mod @ stephenking.com to read this thread and consider pointing it out to King?
    It wouldn't surprise me if King considers Collector's to be whiners (I disagree).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Has anyone ever asked MS Mod @ stephenking.com to read this thread and consider pointing it out to King?
    It wouldn't surprise me if King considers Collector's to be whiners (I disagree).
    You know that's a real good idea. Wish I had thought of it. Probably the reason why you're a Mod here!!! LOL However, I don't have a SKBoards account anymore. Maybe you could be our emissary?

At the very least, perhaps she could shed some light on things with S.K. and CD that might take the starch outta some of our complaints or something. There's gotta be a reason he keeps giving them titles.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

In this case collector's definitely aren't whining; just frustrated and disappointed with the way CD does business. SK would certainly understand and respect this position.
    As for his knowledge of CD's issues I would guess from the very hands on way his official message board is administered and managed that he is well aware.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In this case collector's definitely aren't whining; just frustrated and disappointed with the way CD does business. SK would certainly understand and respect this position.
    As for his knowledge of CD's issues I would guess from the very hands on way his official message board is administered and managed that he is well aware.
    So then he just doesn't care? or maybe he gave them the Blockade title just to bail them out and get delivery of the backlogged titles out to the collectors? Perhaps, there was an "understanding" with the Blockade title between CD and King and he just didn't share it with the public for obvious reasons. He could actually be helping us out behind the scenes. I suppose its quite possible that there were guidelines set in stone for this title's release.

That would be a damn sight better to think on than the other choice which is, that he said "the hell with 'em" lol lol lol

However, I still think they exist in the Flash-sideways World!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You know that's a real good idea. Wish I had thought of it. Probably the reason why you're a Mod here!!! LOL However, I don't have a SKBoards account anymore. Maybe you could be our emissary?
    I think I would be a terrible emissary. A good emissary would:
    • Be able to contact MS. Mod at Sk.com and entreat her to read the ~1,000 posts in this thread.
    • Present a strong/compelling reason for King to even bother with the issue.
    • Be impartial. (As a Collector that is difficult for me to do).
    • Have an elegant submission.
    Volunteers?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would be a terrible emissary. A good emissary would:
    • Be able to contact MS. Mod at Sk.com and entreat her to read the ~1,000 posts in this thread.
    • Present a strong/compelling reason for King to even bother with the issue.
    • Be impartial. (As a Collector that is difficult for me to do).
    • Have an elegant submission.
    Volunteers?
    You always struck me as an "Elegant" kinda guy, but OK. Perhaps our own Mr. Vincent? He's as elegant as they come. Don't ya think?

BTW good answer!!

I'd also be curious to hear what Mr. Vincent thinks on this subject. I read through most of this thread, but he seems mum on the subject. Perhaps, he has to be PC on this topic, but if you can Bev, I would relish the opportunity to hear your perspective as a published author and minor character in a King Novella!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

So then he just doesn't care? or maybe he gave them the Blockade title just to bail them out and get delivery of the backlogged titles out to the collectors? Perhaps, there was an "understanding" with the Blockade title between CD and King and he just didn't share it with the public for obvious reasons. He could actually be helping us out behind the scenes. I suppose its quite possible that there were guidelines set in stone for this title's release.

That would be a damn sight better to think on than the other choice which is, that he said "the hell with 'em" lol lol lol

However, I still think they exist in the Flash-sideways World!!!!!!

Since Blockade is a first edition of a new story vs a limited edition reprint (SOD) I'm sure there were absolute deadlines that had to be met by CD as part of their contract.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is Ms. Mod's response when asked why CD keeps getting his work when they still have not published everything.

Originally Posted by Gris
    I'm looknig forward to the novella, but I really have to ask...

Why does Stephen insist on publishing with Cemetery Dance over and over again?

I'll be buying this from CD because it's the only way to get it, but maybe future projects should be steered away from CD until they actually distribute the projects that are outstanding. I don't know, Like Secretary of Dreams volume 1 deluxe editions (4 years outstanding), Secretary of Dreams volume 2 (2 years outstanding), etc...

CD makes a great book and one certainly can not complain about the quality, but maybe it's time to give another small publisher a chance to make a name

Ms. Mod's Response:
    Stephen has published with several small print presses; he is not giving CD exclusive small press rights. I don't know what the situation is with Vol. 1 deluxe editions--I thought they'd already gone out. I have this response from CD regarding Vol. 2 of Secy of Dreams:

We were actually prepared to print in the Fall/Winter, but Chuck (and the folks at Scribner) asked us to delay to stay out of the way of UNDER THE DOME, because of all their promotional efforts...so now we are set for Spring/Summer. Once BLOCKADE BILLY is here and shipped, we will send SECRETARY #2 to press.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rut Roh <--Scooby Doo voice

Somebody tattled!

That isn't good news for Cemetery if Ms. Mod didn't know that the SOD 1 still hadn't been delivered. That means that probably the whole Stephen camp didn't know there were titles from a long time ago still undelivered.

Methinks there might be an e-mail asking what is still outstanding going to CD possibly in the near future.

Maybe not....shrug. As I said, I have a great experience with CD, but this thread is like watching a soap opera and I find myself hitting refresh on it a lot. hehehe!

And now back to our award winning show, "As the Page Turns" brought to you by Brodart, makers of THE protective cover of choice for King fans who care about their books. Who CARE about their passion! ...Statements and philosophies expressed in no way reflect the opinions of Brodart. Any such drama should be taken up with "As the Page Turns" and not with Brodart. Brodart is an equal opportunity employer. Go Stephen King. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming."

John F. Kennedy ibeforej is on a distinguished road ibeforej's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Unlike other books that still have pending lettered releases, there's no mention of any "Forthcoming" Secretary of Dreams Vol 1 books: http://www.cemeterydance.com/sh/king02.html. It just states that the book is out-of-print. This is surprising since every other "forthcoming" CD lettered edition has a note near the bottom regarding what part of the printing process the book is in at that point in time.

Is the lettered edition the only one that hasn't been shipped out yet? I have a numbered edition myself and I had a gift edition prior to that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Here is Ms. Mod's response when asked why CD keeps getting his work when they still have not published everything.

I'll be buying this from CD because it's the only way to get it, but maybe future projects should be steered away from CD until they actually distribute the projects that are outstanding. I don't know, Like Secretary of Dreams volume 1 deluxe editions (4 years outstanding), Secretary of Dreams volume 2 (2 years outstanding), etc...

CD makes a great book and one certainly can not complain about the quality, but maybe it's time to give another small publisher a chance to make a name

Ms. Mod's Response:
    Stephen has published with several small print presses; he is not giving CD exclusive small press rights. I don't know what the situation is with Vol. 1 deluxe editions--I thought they'd already gone out. I have this response from CD regarding Vol. 2 of Secy of Dreams:

We were actually prepared to print in the Fall/Winter, but Chuck (and the folks at Scribner) asked us to delay to stay out of the way of UNDER THE DOME, because of all their promotional efforts...so now we are set for Spring/Summer. Once BLOCKADE BILLY is here and shipped, we will send SECRETARY #2 to press.
    My only response to this would be to ask you all to go back and read the posts starting around #720 forward on page 29/30!!!!

Actually, I am surprised they would tell Ms. Mod that line of crap!! Even if they were asked to hold off from the Nov 2009 release date, why didn't they send it to the printer in Jan or Feb? They're not even gonna send SODII to the printer until AFTER Blockade is recieved and shipped!!! That means MAYBE May/2010 to the printer, July/Aug 2010 they get 'em back and we're lucky if we get our books by Halloween/2010!!! LOL LOL All of that is a BIG "IF" LOL

We probably won't see SOD II until after the Yankees win the 2010 World Series!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You think the Yankers are gonna win the 2010 series??
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post

Ms. Mod's Response:

I think it's good to bring the whole matter to Ms. Mod's attention... but I believe it should be stressed that the major issue is not the fact that there are (severe) delays per se, but the fact that 1) there's so much prepaid money involved and 2) CD just refuses to be honest with their customers (all their vague updates and evasive answers and plain ignoring of emails).

Surely, the delays are highly annoying and in some cases border on the absurd (Legacies) but honestly - aren't you guys mostly fed up with CD because of the prepayment drama and lack of honest communication? So that should be the essence of any complaint addressed to King's office (in my opinion).

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It floored me when Ms Mod responded that CD told her the SOD1 were all shipped. I'm sure I'll be able to ask again in 2 years when Riding the Bullet receives the "long-overdue" moniker.

I don't have a lettered edition on order, way to rich for my blood at the time, but someone (or many people) who does needs to go explain it to her.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

120 pages.
    1st Review online :
    http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/blockadebilly.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats intrigued me and almost makes me want to buy a copy!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I'm in!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 890 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast