Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 890 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    I am waiting for one book from them, but I knew I would be waiting when I got it, so hopefully it won't be years! hehehe!(
    What book? Unfortunately, you will probably be waiting years....emphasis on the 's.'

I don't think it will be a King book either....I feel like we'd have heard some buzz before this...CD's 'promoted' fairly meh editions before as though they'd be earth shattering...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I don't think it will be a King book either....I feel like we'd have heard some buzz before this...CD's 'promoted' fairly meh editions before as though they'd be earth shattering...
    I'm wondering if it will be the anthology DARK MASQUES. I've seen a couple of proofs on eBay recently. The proofs are dated 2007 but to my knowledge CD has not yet published the book. They could probably get several of the authors that are still living to sign it and this would probably count as an "earth shattering" CD announcement. Just idle speculation on my part.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I'm wondering if it will be the anthology DARK MASQUES. I've seen a couple of proofs on eBay recently. The proofs are dated 2007 but to my knowledge CD has not yet published the book. They could probably get several of the authors that are still living to sign it and this would probably count as an "earth shattering" CD announcement. Just idle speculation on my part.
    The back of the ARC for Dark Masques states it will be published in December 2010 so that very well could be the "BIG NEWS" In reality that means we might see it by December of 2012, 2013??

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post

The back of the ARC for Dark Masques states it will be published in December 2010 so that very well could be the "BIG NEWS" In reality that means we might see it by December of 2012, 2013??
    That is interesting. My copy says December 2007 (which obviously didn't happen). Are they applying a sticker over the 2007 date to change it to 2010? Or have they printed a new proof with the correct date?

Here is a photo of the rear cover of my copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post

That is interesting. My copy says December 2007 (which obviously didn't happen). Are they applying a sticker over the 2007 date to change it to 2010? Or have they printed a new proof with the correct date?

Here is a photo of the rear cover of my copy.

That is very interesting. They must have printed a new set of ARC's. The December 2010 on my copy is not a sticker. Attached is a photo of the back cover and copyright page.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. I have one I just received:

Country
    Country Flag

That's probably more accurate. Of course they will let us pay for it now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Talking seriously for a moment, the first thing I think of is a book "about" King. Probably one from Justin Brooks or Rocky Wood. And even when I like these books, there's no way I'm paying for any in advance.

As I said here somewhere, I've been in regular contact with Justin Brooks and I KNOW there's nothing new from him coming from Cemetary Dance.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For reference, here is CD's teaser:
    Our Biggest Book Announcement Ever Is Coming on Monday!

We wanted to give you advance warning that on Monday we will be making our BIGGEST book announcement in 20+ years of publishing. If you look at some of the projects we've published over the years, then you have some idea how big this news must be. It is going to be huge.
    This is an awfully bold statement. I hope they prove me wrong because I expect to be unimpressed on Monday.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just hope they didn't somehow acquire the rights to publish a S/L edition of The Shining. After all the effort he already put into it, Jerad/Centipede is the only one who deserves to design and publish that one...

(not that I'm really thinking CD will announce something THAT big, but still....)

Traveler BlackVeil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I'm not defending their business practices, but all the CD volumes I have look good and are great quality. They make good stuff, just takes a while to get it.

In many years to come, these books will still be great on the shelves ...
    I agree. The books really are very fine quality. Also, the prices of the ordinary editions on the 2nd hand market are high, and the prices of the lettered editions extremely high. Good stuff for collectors.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I really wish I could spill the beans on this one, but I think you will all be delighted and interested by the announcement. It is very cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just hope it's not another book about King, related to King's work etc, CD have published more than enough of those!.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I just hope it's not another book about King, related to King's work etc, CD have published more than enough of those!.
    I'll 2nd that, i am still quite excited to see what they come up with!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That's interesting. I have one I just received:

LOL...that's a good one!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm.... "It" was published in 1986.... a 25th Anniversary S/L to be released next year??

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I really wish I could spill the beans on this one, but I think you will all be delighted and interested by the announcement. It is very cool.
    If you're saying so, I'm sure it will be....but unless the publication is immienent, it really doesn't matter...

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Hmmm.... "It" was published in 1986.... a 25th Anniversary S/L to be released next year??
    I dont know if that will be it or not but I am praying someone does an anniversary edition...I love that book.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVeil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I'm not defending their business practices, but all the CD volumes I have look good and are great quality. They make good stuff, just takes a while to get it.

In many years to come, these books will still be great on the shelves ...
    I agree. The books really are very fine quality. Also, the prices of the ordinary editions on the 2nd hand market are high, and the prices of the lettered editions extremely high. Good stuff for collectors.
    I don't think quality of product is the concern here... CD always produces quality books... for sure.
    if they could ever really get their act together with producing those books in a reasonable time, I not sure there would be a CD trash and bash thread here at all.

I have supported CD for years, because i do really enjoy the books they produce.... but it's really hard to justify a business taking money for a product like Legends and not delivering that product for more than 10 years. I mean, that book was counted on the last census, right?

Since I didn't get to order Legends, I don't have a dog in that particular hunt.... but I am getting worried that I may be dead before my SOD 1 & SOD 2 letters end up getting to me. OR.... that CD may be dead before the books are produced. That would leave me a few grand poorer and nothing to show for it.

I'm really in the camp of still pulling for CD to revamp/ remodel the way they do business and hope they work harder on getting books out the door as promised. Since I haven't seen much change so far, I'm not holding my breath, but I've got a hell of a lot of money invested in them - way to much to wish them any ill will.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We wanted to give you advance warning that on Monday we will be making our BIGGEST book announcement in 20+ years of publishing. If you look at some of the projects we've published over the years, then you have some idea how big this news must be. It is going to be huge.
    Thanks, Bev. You've renewed my curiosity.

To be honest though, I'll be disappointed if King's people have approved CD to pre-sell another King S/L at this point, especially with so many prepaid editions left unreleased. The quality of their product is great, however the broken promises, flimsy excuses and lack of reasonable timeframe are all inexcusable at this point.

If this is going to be announcement that they are finally releasing King books that their customers paid for years ago, that would be cause for celebration - but not worthy of the verbiage used in the teaser announcement.

Like Terry, I don't wish CD ill. I do wish they would behave responsibly in their business practices.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Thanks, Bev. You've renewed my curiosity.

To be honest though, I'll be disappointed if King's people have approved CD to pre-sell another King S/L at this point, especially with so many prepaid editions left unreleased. The quality of their product is great, however the broken promises, flimsy excuses and lack of reasonable timeframe are all inexcusable at this point.

If this is going to be announcement that they are finally releasing King books that their customers paid for years ago, that would be cause for celebration - but not worthy of the verbiage used in the teaser announcement.

Like Terry, I don't wish CD ill. I do wish they would behave responsibly in their business practices.
    I'll be disappointed in SK if he OK's a limited with such an unreliable publisher as CD at the expense of Centipede (who hits all pub dates) doing The Shining.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...I once started a thread at stephenking.com forums asking this, and I don't remember getting a reply.

There are some clear points about CD:

- They produce excellent products
    - They're desperate for making money, which makes them fill your email box with several emails per week with INCREDIBLE (Yes...I'm making THAT expression) offers.

And the only thing I can think of why King allows a publisher to pre-sell a book and never release it (cheating King collectors and readers) and gets angry with another publisher which also pre-sells an edition, but releases on time, and leaves EVERYONE happy (I didn't hear a single complain on Centipede Press' books), is that King must be a good friend with Richard Chizmar.

Or he wants to laugh at King collectors
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

The other thing is I think we can reasonably certain that it will be pricey...now, that's the nature of the beast - but if it's pricey, and got a long leadtime, then that's one less reason to be excited....

I hope they have a great annoucement - and Boome gets his books in very short order. But that's the extent of my investment.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What if it is a S/L of the new book Full Dark No Stars?

Also what happened with King and Centipede press? I missed that some where.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is everyone ready for this big suprise then????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 890 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast