Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 888 of 890 FirstFirst ... 388 788 838 878 886 887 888 889 890 LastLast
Results 22,176 to 22,200 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Took like 20-25 years for Best of CD 2 which was supposed to be CD 15 Year Celebration but they blew past 15 years easily.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Chizmar has a new book. Preorder for a chance to win a signed Stephen king book!!!

Be ready for the flood of emails and an all stop on their other publications.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Chizmar has a new book. Preorder for a chance to win a signed Stephen king book!!!

Be ready for the flood of emails and an all stop on their other publications.
    Came here to pretty much say the same thing. Can almost guarantee that his damned book will get out the door before anything else does.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Yep…..it’ll be an 8 month barrage on my inbox while I’m just waiting for a shipping notice on Flight or Fright.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

is there a way to block emails with certain words in the title?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I responded with REMOVE.

I just want my two books and I'm forever done with CD.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just got the second Chizmar email, not even been an hour yet

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a post on CD's forums last week from Dan Franklin with their explanation for the contract cancellations.

Hey there! Had someone ping me to chime in (and a reference to Coleridge poems are always a good way to summon me!)-- the cancellation of certain trade contracts was exclusively due to issues in acquisition. Far too many more projects were taken on than we can support. I will credit it to miscommunication or simple overenthusiasm for the product, but we can only produce a certain number of books before they begin drowning each other out and everyone loses. Releases get buried, promotion fails, editing errors start to gather up, and we simply don't have that many people-hours to devote to it. We were at nearly three times that threshold for 2024. A bunch of projects had to get cut. Good projects, too. It wasn't about the quality. Which projects stayed and went was largely decided by which are locked into third party deals (for example, Feb 1st has a release with three other companies involved, etc). If we didn't cut a bunch and get our line back on course, the authors would have lost money and a book, and we would have lost some money.

This way, while they are disappointed, they keep everything. We still lose some money (due to paid advances and design work) but far less so, and we maintain the integrity of the product that does release.

The trade line editors changed, but it wasn't a "changing of the guard" effect. It was a "look under the hood at the schedule and scream" situation. The cut projects would have been inevitable either way. The contracts were sadly doomed on issuance

As for the forum itself, I've not heard anything relating to discontinuation or any issues along those lines! I just don't have time to properly engage here beyond occasional posts in the Product Update thread. I hope with Lisa Lebel joining the crew to help the trade line, things will balance out a little more and we can get back to being more interactive/responsive
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just got the second Chizmar email, not even been an hour yet
    Me too. Really annoying. past time I unsubscribed to their emails.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

I’m stubborn, I guess I can wait a couple of more years for The Stand and Pet Semetery.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.librarything.com/topic/358119

Haha @ "last January." My daughter started Grade 1 when Turn Down the Lights went on pre-order. She's now two years away from university and the AE still hasn't come out.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm trying to picture what it would look like if CD were to be taken over by good-faith, competent leadership with resources - how long would it take for things to stop looking fucked up to a fare-thee-well? I'm not saying CD accomplishes nothing, but man, they sure give the appearance of a man with mismatched legs running like hell in a bumpy circle.

By "resources," I mean things like having enough people to execute the contracted workload (see Dan Franklin's comment about people-hours; if some of this is just a matter of getting bodies in the door, FFS spend money on that), the ability to source new printers on a compressed timeline, and a cash infusion intended to allow CD to stop putting things up for sale loooooooong before they are in production.

And as for good or bad faith, well, when the owner's stuff goes to the head of the line every single time - no late introductions, no late slipcases, no printers/case manufacturers going out of business, no lengthy searches for their replacements here - CD is practically begging the crowd to beset CDHQ with torches and pitchforks.

Maybe someone in the industry can arrange a super-secret intervention including counseling from Paul Suntup.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    There was a post on CD's forums last week from Dan Franklin with their explanation for the contract cancellations.

I just don't have time to properly engage here beyond occasional posts in the Product Update thread. I hope with Lisa Lebel joining the crew to help the trade line, things will balance out a little more and we can get back to being more interactive/responsive
    Such a joke - like he's straight-out 24/7 and just can't "engage." They've used that fake excuse before.

The whole post is just "outside forces and we're helpless artists beset by harsh winds of fate" justifications. Embarrasing.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Most email clients allow you to set filters. Go to settings and look for filters.

I have a filter that sends any email that says MEMORIALS in the body of the message to the trash.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Most email clients allow you to set filters. Go to settings and look for filters.

I have a filter that sends any email that says MEMORIALS in the body of the message to the trash.
    That's funny. My filter blocks anything with Br!an in the email.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In more positive CD news, I just picked up (via eBay) one of their sweet, sweet Elsewhere slipcases.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    In more positive CD news, I just picked up (via eBay) one of their sweet, sweet Elsewhere slipcases.
    Small world. I just this morning picked up one of their black slipcases that should fit my CD HC of THE EXORCIST / LEGION nicely...at $12 it was a no-brainer.

I regret selling a signed copy of Revival, especially that pretty slipcase CD made for it. I think Duma Key may still be my fav after market slipcase they made for a King book

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Small world. I just this morning picked up one of their black slipcases that should fit my CD HC of THE EXORCIST / LEGION nicely...at $12 it was a no-brainer.
    I picked up one of the lettered traycase for $15 and paid $24 shipped here. For my numbered legion/exorcist.

I’d messaged them so many times over the years to see if they had one, always with a no for the answer, then they sell two on eBay. Still bought it, though a little bit miffed at being fobbed off for so long (realistically about 4 or 5 times in 7 years lol)
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I’d messaged them so many times over the years to see if they had one, always with a no for the answer, then they sell two on eBay...a little bit miffed at being fobbed off for so long...
    Are you sure? I find it hard to believe it went down that way.

...I'll have you know that CD has a top notch, crack logistics team. Top. Notch.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’d messaged them so many times over the years to see if they had one, always with a no for the answer, then they sell two on eBay...a little bit miffed at being fobbed off for so long...
    Are you sure? I find it hard to believe it went down that way.

...I'll have you know that CD has a top notch, crack logistics team. Top. Notch.
    I think they either didn’t want to send me slightly damaged stock, or they just couldn’t be ar$ed…

Have one now though, so all good
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I picked up one of the lettered traycase for $15 and paid $24 shipped here. For my numbered legion/exorcist.

I’d messaged them so many times over the years to see if they had one, always with a no for the answer, then they sell two on eBay. Still bought it, though a little bit miffed at being fobbed off for so long (realistically about 4 or 5 times in 7 years lol)
    Congrats, that should be a nice upgrade element. Had the traycase been offered when I checked the auctions, I’d’ve gone for that as well over the black slipcase I ended up buying.

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

Default Cemetery Dance update 02/08/24

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 Lettered Edition
    Traycases are finished and approved, and we expect to ship in 1-2 weeks.

So Cold the River
    Books are finished at press, waiting on the final approval copy to arrive at office. Expect to ship in 2 weeks after that.

Stephen King Revisited
    Rolling at press, expect to ship in 6-8 weeks.

Little Boy (unannounced)
    Rolling at press, expected in 8-10 weeks, will be announced closer to publication.

The Stand
    Books are at the press and we expect them to finish their work this summer. Slipcases and Traycases will be later in summer because we need finished books to get the sizing just right. For a book of this size, a dummy book isn't reliable, and we want to be sure they're perfect.

A Face in the Crowd Artist Edition
    The books finished and in hand! Slipcases should be finished in 6 weeks.

A Face in the Crowd Lettered Edition
    At the hand binder, who is also making the Traycases. Will ship as each batch of 10-12 copies are sent to us.

Gwendy's Final Task Limited & Lettered
    Sig sheets are signed and the books are at the binder. We're expecting to ship this summer.

Gwendy's Magic Feather Lettered Edition
    Wooden feathers are completed. Books are finished and in warehouse. Traycases are being worked on at the manufacturer now.

Shocklines
    Rolling at press and expected in 8-10 weeks.

We'll share more news on these as they get closer to shipping, and we thank you for your continuing enthusiasm and support!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 888 of 890 FirstFirst ... 388 788 838 878 886 887 888 889 890 LastLast