Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 890 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 817 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I'm relieved I won't have to spend more money.
    same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I guess I'm a minority here, but I think that six gift editions of those six books is really cool!

Besides, FINALLY Tomislav will be the illustrator! The only complain I have is that the illustrations won't be color ones.
    They're all color.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered all 3 out of excitement!

Quickly cancelled all 3 once I learned that King didn't sign any of them...

I am sure they will be a fine production nevertheless.

AKC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Ordered all 3 out of excitement!

Quickly cancelled all 3 once I learned that King didn't sign any of them...

I am sure they will be a fine production nevertheless.

AKC
    LOL me too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not by signed by King, but then I still thought well, $225 for 6 Artist editions, that's a good deal ... but then I read it again, and it's $225 just for the Carrie ... X5 for the others ... $1.2K for unsigned reprints is way outside of my ballpark. Sorry Brian, must pass on these.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Not by signed by King, but then I still thought well, $225 for 6 Artist editions, that's a good deal ... but then I read it again, and it's $225 just for the Carrie ... X5 for the others ... $1.2K for unsigned reprints is way outside of my ballpark. Sorry Brian, must pass on these.
    Yeah thinking about that now I may do the same...

Unfortunately, Steve signing these editions just wasn't in the cards. We're still thrilled to be publishing a beautiful set of the books that launched his career and really changed the horror genre.

If you don't feel a SIX BOOK deal with Stephen King to produce beautiful collector's editions of six of his most popular books is big news, then we'll have to disagree. We think it's a pretty big deal. But thanks for the feedback!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, wow wow, I wonder what Brian will say when he reads these comments! I must say I'm disappointed NOT signed by King.....Shining, Pet Sem, Carrie already done by other publishers too. CD editions I will bet 100% are going to be superior looking editions. No doubt in my mind.

Could not see clear to drop $1000 on a Lettered not signed by King....I ordered the 2 lower value books and of course Betts will get some copies (NOT lettered though)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered the gift out of excitement but will probably cancel soon. Hard to believe all the hype and no S/L.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I second the request for art portfolio(s) with the art from these editions.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Now....if all the artwork from these six edition were to be available in a portfolio, I would likely be inclined to buy that!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Too bad - Carrie S/L - gladly would've dropped $1,000 for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Too bad - Carrie S/L - gladly would've dropped $1,000 for that.
    Just curious... do you think we had the option to do a S/L and then said, "Naw, let's not?"

Brian

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Brian,

Will the following books be 85/225/1000 as well?

Traveler Coley is on a distinguished road Coley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was expecting a signed limited, and am a little underwhelmed. that said CD always do a excellent product. I may get the gift edition, but £225 for something not signed by King is a little much.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I see Brian right on top of me....IT IS A COUP for Cemetery Dance without a doubt. Although disappointed no King signature, I agree with Brian that this is a MAJOR announcement for CD!.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, would have like to see a signed edition, but ordered gift and numbered. It will be nice to have a matching set of all of these. CD makes beautiful books. Remember IT gift wasn't signed, but is a gorgeous book and it selling for $300 plus now.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they will be beautiful. But gift reprints are not within my collecting goals. I already have a first edition Carrie. The only other version of this book I would buy is a King-signed S/L. But that's just me. Other people collect a wider range. I'm sure those folks will be very pleased at what is sure to be a very high-quality production.

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

will King's introduction be the same as the one from the 1999 Pocket edition?

-justin

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

But it wasn't published by another small press at the same time

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Will the GE be numbered? It'd be cool to have a matching numbered set, especially if one could match the numbers with PS editions. Now that would be a dealbreaker unbreaker...or something.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I cant believe I just spent $233 bucks on an unsigned book. I feel like a crackhead or that I need a 12 step program.

The collecting mania that surrounds King and his works is so huge that the publishers are just riding the wave. The zombie like collectors with their insatiable taste for Kings words and slavering mad fans who just HAVE to have ANYTHING with Kings name (or hopefully sig) on it are LEGION. Even with all the naysayers or disappointed superfans (who have been keeping this niche market healthy through the years), these print runs will sell out and there will be more demand than there is product. This is why Publishers do things like intimate they can sell Damaged books even if the true fans and original purchasers are upset, because hey who cares! SOMEONE will buy em! There is a long line of folks who want em! They hype is too big. Now we have this. A project so hyped with a secret reveal and it ends up being the same thing (almost) that PS is already doing at twice the price (well I guess you save on over seas shipping, lol)

The problem is I had funds available on my credit card and well, I have a problem... lol... So I bought one. I do like the quality of CDs books and Brian has been really cool at communing with the fans so what can I say, other than I am a tiny bit dissapointed.

Now for me to "win" in this situation, I will have to hope that the backlash is so severe, that the run DOESN'T sell out, I can get a second Copy at a 50% off sale and eventually sell the original full price copy for at least what I paid for it so that I can have a book priced at what I feel I can afford (even that is expensive) and get some joy from not only possessing the (unsigned) book but also getting it for a fair price. Then I have to hope I can get to a signing and have the damn thing signed.

Aye Carumba. I need to check into Signed/Numbered Limited Edition Book Buyers Anonomyous
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would bet money that it will be far superior to the one SubPress is putting out though.

edit.....oops...meant PS, not SP....dyslexic!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet these books will be TOP NOTCH though.. .and all of us here will be kicking our ass wishing we had em... IT gift I do not have, and it sold for $125... I am gonna end up paying $300+!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Doubt it

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Now....if all the artwork from these six edition were to be available in a portfolio, I would likely be inclined to buy that!
    I agree. I'd pick that up in a second!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 890 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 817 ... LastLast