Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 644 of 890 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Art portfolio for this one? CONGRATS on the Limited sell out!
    Shiver me timbers! Limited REMARQUE sheet for this booty too? Arrrrrrr!
    Stop spending my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGHHHHH

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Art portfolio for this one? CONGRATS on the Limited sell out!
    Shiver me timbers! Limited REMARQUE sheet for this booty too? Arrrrrrr!
    Stop spending my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Avast ye matey! Just pillage a scurvy landlubber and spend their doubloons on the fine booty! 'Tis a pirate's life for ye. Arrrrrr!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very excited. My 2017 goals will be achieved.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

that really is a small print run for the gift edition. Will be interested to see how fast they go.

I am also amazed that there were 850 of the S/L! I thought no more than 500 for sure given since I have read more than once that King won't do large numbers anymore.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    that really is a small print run for the gift edition. Will be interested to see how fast they go.

I am also amazed that there were 850 of the S/L! I thought no more than 500 for sure given since I have read more than once that King won't do large numbers anymore.
    I think he is helping his boy a little here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I had the same thought, but not sure what 850 does for him that 500 doesn't lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True... but it does get it into more hands if anything.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

And the S/L is sold out, I don't see it listed on the page!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All gone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Not to be crass and talk about $$, but @ 350 add'l copies that's an add'l $157,500 in revenue. As someone noted, I think this is a Dad helping his son in a number of ways.

I ended up passing on the S/L, but may pick up a GE if my mood changes over the next few days...just not sure about this one.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Yep, there are a lot of pallets of books headed our way this week. We had to rent an additional overflow warehouse (8,000 sq feet) to handle the load and give us space to repack cartons for distributors and the such!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Do you have an official time from when the Sleeping Beauties S/L was announced to when it sold out?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Not to be crass and talk about $$, but @ 350 add'l copies that's an add'l $157,500 in revenue. As someone noted, I think this is a Dad helping his son in a number of ways.

I ended up passing on the S/L, but may pick up a GE if my mood changes over the next few days...just not sure about this one.
    That is crass.

CD is the small press. Why would you begrudge CD from this? People complain when the limitation run is too small...now you complain it's too much.

BTW, gross revenue is a bit different than net profit!

Do you think that 100% of the gross is passed directly to SK, and his "boy"?
    People at CD need to eat too. Mindy doesn't volunteer-she just works hard for a wage-as does Dan, BJF, etc.

I'd give you neg rep, but hopefully this post is enough.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I only took it as him pointing out how 350 more copies makes a difference all around and didn't see anyone complain the limitation is too much. I only commented i was surprised it was so high as I thought King didn't like to sign that many times these days (age or whatever it is).

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Whoa, RF, you wildly misconstrue what I wrote.

I was simply pointing out the math as a reason why King may -- and I stress 'may' as obviously none of us know but a forum like this is largely about speculation -- have allowed a greater S/L limitation; as a parent myself, I'd want to help my children in any way I could...emotionally, professionally, economically. And, yes, I understand well that all add'l net revenue will be split many ways...including the two authors. If this familial intent is correct, again as a Dad myself I actually find it heartening. I'd like to think that were I ever in similar circumstances, I'd do the same for my child.

Most puzzling is your contention that I begrudge the higher limitation and enhanced revenue for CD. Not only did my post not even hint at that, but the truth could not be farther from the truth. I've been a customer, contributor, and fan of CD since it's earliest days, and anything that fiscally bolsters their efforts and supports their personnel thrills and delights me. I love the press, and the folks there are golden. Again, my post never hinted at nor had a whiff of any such thing, nor would ever conceive of it.

I hope you are the only one who read such petty and mean-spirited intent in my post...even upon rereading my original post, I don't see how it could have been so misread and inferences seen. I certainly regret your take on it and anyone who may have read it similarly, as I hope this post has made clear.

Thank you, AstroDad.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

RC65, upon reading your post it came off as petty to me too. I interpreted your post as saying it was a money grab by King and CD.

Thanks for the clarification. Remember that when reading text in a forum such as this, the interpretation of ones statement is up to the reader. It always needs to be crystal clear.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was there a coupon for CDCC members for sleeping beauties?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am probably wrong but doesnt CD normally get approx 1250 signed per book? Plus lettered.

My thoughts are that he spread that total over the two perhaps.

Good for us as we get 2 limited books to add to the collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Pure speculation on my behalf by the way

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    RC65, upon reading your post it came off as petty to me too. I interpreted your post as saying it was a money grab by King and CD.

Thanks for the clarification. Remember that when reading text in a forum such as this, the interpretation of ones statement is up to the reader. It always needs to be crystal clear.
    Sorry RC65.. I kinda read it this way to man.. sorry
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Was there a coupon for CDCC members for sleeping beauties?
    No discount. We did get a chance to purchase early though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say... these books BLEW ME AWAY. Brian is there any chance that you guys could do something like this for a King book? It would surely be the most amazing collectable out there... I find these fascinating. This is something I would LOVE to have on my shelf.. you would show it off to anyone who would looK! Boys N girls take a look

OH!! almost forgot.. some of them can be bought for under a $100 if you look... so it is doable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-_Oxb_iVQ
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

I agree, forum posts can be open to interpretation and that interpretation usually says more about the reader than the poster. Why fly off the handle rather than asking the poster to clarify his statement? Nobody wants to see this kind of bullying. I've neg rep'd RF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 644 of 890 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 ... LastLast