Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Tim Burton thread

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Tim Burton is hands down my favorite director.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post
    Tim Burton is hands down my favorite director.
    Do you have a favorite film of his or love them all?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Top 3 Burton :

The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Beetlejuice
    Edward Scissorhands

Side Note - I'm going to merge this thread with the Alice In Wonderland thread that I started a few weeks ago, that way we can have one massive TB thread.

Sounds good, thanks, Feev.

I love Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice). Such a great film, I remember laughing hysterically the first time I saw it. I'm glad the sequel, Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian never got made, especially if Burton isn't at the helm. I even liked the cartoon series.

Anyone remember The Family Dog cartoon Burton produced?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    that way we can have one massive TB thread.
    :hacks up a lung:

Glad to see you're happy about that, Feev.

you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite TB flick would be a tie between Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas. I have seen both a million times. But I don't think there is a single one that I didnt like. I even liked PeeWee's Big Adventure. I haven't seen Ed Wood or Frankenweinie though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I thought I'd post Vincent for those that haven't seen it. It's a great little short.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8uQzu0IL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8uQzu0IL0[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Anyone remember The Family Dog cartoon Burton produced?
    Never even heard of this. What'd he do for it? Did he just produce it or did he have more involvement?

Have you by chance seen the episode of Faerie Tale Theatre he did? I was a fan of this show when it was originally on, and I went back a year or two ago to watch the episode he did, but I don't know, I was rather disappointed in it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

With the exception of still pictures I haven't seen his Fairytale Theatre stuff, sadly. You could look at it that it was his very early stuff and maybe that is why you didn't enjoy it too much?

Have you ever seen the episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents he did titled The Jar? It was his first collaboration with Danny Elfman.

The Family Dog was actually first a pilot on an old TV show called Amazing Stories. The pilot did well and it got its own series. If I remember correctly Brad Bird had a big involvement on it, but Burton only produced. He mentions it in the book Burton on Burton.

This link will take you to Youtube to an episode: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031SDP33Zcg"]YouTube - Family Dog: Show Dog #1[/ame]

They didn't make much collectible wise but I have a plush doll of the dog.

And awesome posting Vincent for everyone. I really love that short. Watch it all the time.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks, I had never even heard of that show before.

I don't think I've ever seen that episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Interesting that it's the first time he worked with Danny Elfman. I'm gonna have to go look for it.

No problem, glad you liked it. Family Dog was a fun show, I remember watching it when it was on and later buying them on VHS.

I love the collaboration between Burton and Elfman, Elfman's music just fits perfectly with his visuals. It's sort of weird to watch Ed Wood and not hear Danny Elfman's score in it, but I love that film.

Have you ever seen his web shorts of Stain Boy? He was created from a book of poetry called The Melancholic Death of Oyster Boy. Ever read it? He did the art and the poems had a Dr. Suess vibe to them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3UwfN3Vg2U"]YouTube - stain boy 1[/ame]

Have you ever seen his web shorts of Stain Boy? He was created from a book of poetry called The Melancholic Death of Oyster Boy. Ever read it? He did the art and the poems had a Dr. Suess vibe to them.
    I have. I've got them saved on my computer, but it's been ages since I've watched them. I haven't read the book though, maybe I'll check it out at some point.

The book is short, but good. I bought it when it first came out, great poems.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Actually all of Burton movies are my favorite of his but if I have to choose three of them...
    Edward Scissorhands
    Ed Wood
    Beetlejuice

Good choices, Melike.

Did you get the anniversary edition of Beetlejuice on DVD? It didn't have as much as they promised it would, but it is still a good DVD.

Good choices, Melike.

Did you get the anniversary edition of Beetlejuice on DVD? It didn't have as much as they promised it would, but it is still a good DVD.
    Unfortunately, I don't have.

If you don't already own Beetlejuice than it is worth getting. It has some new extra stuff, but not as much as I would like.

I rebought it so now have two copies. Same thing happened with Nightmare Before Christmas. I bought the re-release since it had some cool extra stuff on it.

What does it have for extras on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What does it have for extras on it?

3 episodes of the Beetlejuice cartoon
    music only track
    theatrical trailer

Basically you get the cartoon episodes.

Disapointing as extras go really.

Some movie stills are now up online

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56475

Can't wait for this one to come out.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The white rabbit looks like he has rabies, and the faces on those flowers are pretty creepy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they kind of overdid it with Depp's makeup ...

:/

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, I think its quite good.

BTW. I am super excited for "9"
    Sloth Love Chunk

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Some movie stills are now up online

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56475

Can't wait for this one to come out.
    Wow, I can't wait, too. It looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think they kind of overdid it with Depp's makeup ...

:/
    Why? He looks so bizarre and so it is awesome.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The pictures look very promising indeed. I particularly like the way the flowers look. I thought Burton & Alice would be a good match and these pictures reinforce that.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm ridiculously excited for "9", aswell as Alice.
    (Namely because Burton's giving Coheed a spot in the limelight - their song, "Welcome Home" is involved in the soundtrack. (see trailer) )
    Okay, and I'm watching it now...and I just got insane goosebumps.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast