26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pink Floyd : The Wall

19 73.08%
  • When Harry Met Sally

7 26.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TIE BREAKER - Round 1, Group I

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TIE BREAKER - Round 1, Group I

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pinky! Get off the tracks!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

this one i'm going to have to think about for awhile. two completely different movies - genrewise. two completely different ideas. two completely different frames of mind.

what to do, what to do?

damn you feev.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wall! No contest at all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The Wall! No contest at all.
    Yeah, this is like The Knicks taking on the USA Basketball team.

I'll admit that I haven't been paying much attention to this round robin movie tournament, but how the heck did these two wind up in the same category?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

This is as even a fight as Roland vs. Tull.

I never liked "When Harry Met Sally". I can't take that heavy-handed schmaltzy stuff. I don't dislike love stories, but I like them a little less obvious and cheesy. Also, I just can't stand Meg Ryan.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness, I've yet to see When Harry Met Sally. The Wall however is an amazing film, so I went with that.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

I'm relatively positive you'd still pick The Wall

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

As am I though I can say I'm a sucker for those romantic comedy type movies too.

If you rescue me

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Harry
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You池e wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Harry
    of course!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Sally

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

met

The answer is within

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i am paralyzed with indecision. why the fuck are these two together? it just isn't fair. . . .

okay, i'm done bitching. but i'm still not ready to vote.

i love them both. how can i choose? i have harry & sally memorized (and i mean that literally). but i also have the wall memorized. and i listen to it at night on my ipod. or when i'm sad. or when i'm driving. or when i'm depressed. or when i need to rock. or when . . .

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY! an easy poll. hands down The Wall.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    i am paralyzed with indecision. why the fuck are these two together? it just isn't fair. . . .

okay, i'm done bitching. but i'm still not ready to vote.

i love them both. how can i choose? i have harry & sally memorized (and i mean that literally). but i also have the wall memorized. and i listen to it at night on my ipod. or when i'm sad. or when i'm driving. or when i'm depressed. or when i need to rock. or when . . .

That's the point I am afraid. We are voting for films, not for music; and it looks like Pink Floyd music is the crucial factor here for most voters (to my mind, the film itself was mediocre at best)

My Mood
    In Love

that's right Jean. The movie with out the music ? Would you still say it was TBMOAT?

The answer is within

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    That's the point I am afraid. We are voting for films, not for music; and it looks like Pink Floyd music is the crucial factor here for most voters (to my mind, the film itself was mediocre at best)
    True for some, definitely not for me. I've discussed it in one or another music threads, but I personally find The Wall to be the weakest of PF's albums (other than The Final Cut), though I still enjoy it. However, the film for me is visually stunning and a great portrayal of the concepts Waters was trying to express with the album.

That I and I thought "When Harry Met Sally" was awful. It's like a two-hour Hallmark card.

So, without the music would I say it was TBMOAT? No, but that's not really the question in this tie-breaker. The question is, is it better than "When Harry Met Sally" and with or without the music, my answer is yes.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I agree with you entirely Jayson...except for the fact that I love the album also...and the fact that I've never seen When Harry Met Sally. Okay, I guess that means I don't agree entirely.

But even without the music I think The Wall is one of the best movies ever.

If you rescue me

I still love the album, just not nearly as much as it's predecessors.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, as you know my favorite is back when Syd was still with them, but I love basically every album up until The Final Cut in different ways. They're probably not equally great, but close enough to hear and know it's still Pink Floyd. Then they got rid of Roger and became a good cover band of Floyd.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, as you know my favorite is back when Syd was still with them, but I love basically every album up until The Final Cut in different ways. They're probably not equally great, but close enough to hear and know it's still Pink Floyd. Then they got rid of Roger and became a good cover band of Floyd.
    Same here, especially on the post-Final Cut era or "Grey Floyd" as I call them at that point, especially the album I refer to as "A Momentary Lapse of Roger"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, it was much more than momentary. My heart briefly jumped when they reunited with Roger for Live 8....but, of course they couldn't/wouldn't hold it together.

If you rescue me

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    that's right Jean. The movie with out the music ? Would you still say it was TBMOAT?
    I wouldn't... that's one reason I picked Harry
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You池e wearing a cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast