11 25.58%
  • He is an adult.

5 11.63%
  • He is somewhere between.

27 62.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jake

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I wish I could read his first loop so that I could compare it to his last loop to see how different they were, if they were different at all. I am consumed with the idea that he did something on his last loop that redeemed himself, and brought him the horn. Consumed I tell you.
    I've always felt like Roland is becoming more and more human with each loop, hence every loop he becomes closer to finishing his quest once and for all, be it my getting something he can use or another member of the ka-tet that can help him.

Now that I worded it, it sounds like unlocking achievements in a video game.
    I completely agree! I think he makes different choices each time. There is no way to verify this though! Maybe each loop he 'tries out' new members to his ka-tet, or makes different choices with them. I just don't see every loop going the exact same and him all of a sudden getting rewarded with a horn.

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'Redemption' is the word printed at the beginning of the novel. I may be wrong that it's Waste Land, but it's definitely in one of them, i.e. Reproduction is Song of Susannah's I'm sure.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HellBeast View Post
    'Redemption' is the word printed at the beginning of the novel. I may be wrong that it's Waste Land, but it's definitely in one of them, i.e. Reproduction is Song of Susannah's I'm sure.
    Hmmm... I never related that to anything.

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never really thought anything of them until I'd finished the novels. I think more are more fitting than others. I can't rightly remember all of them and I can't check them because my ex has all my DT books. OWNED.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yes, you were owned. Find her (or him) and get them back.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3