Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: NeedfulKings

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: NeedfulKings

Welcome. I've got a fairly diverse collection. A lot of King as well as a few other authors I enjoy.

I've been collecting for about 3 or 4 years now. It's turned from a hobby into a passion.

Enjoy.

Your Collector--Bill:

Here's my Stephen King case:

Other collections:

My Dark Tower/Bev Vincent shelf:

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my cream of the Stephen King crop.

Signed Lisey's Story:

Jack Ketchum's Limited Edition "The Girl Next Door" with an intro by King:

My Dark Tower Books. 2nd Edition Gunslinger, First/Artist Editions II through VII:

A few hard to find paperbacks:

Desperation ARC (with Steven)

My basic Gunslinger Born collection (so far):

Black House, signed by Peter Straub

Country
    Country Flag

The King Family collection:

The start of what I hope to be a large Joe Hill collection. Heart Shaped Box UK Signed Limited, HSB flatsigned, HSB inscribed (Thanks, J!), Spiderman Unlimited with Joe Hill:

Pictures of the UK edition:

My ever-growing Tabitha and Owen collection:

One On One is inscribed to Andy (likely NOT the robot!)

Country
    Country Flag

Other authors that I look for.

I'm a huge Richard Laymon fan. Having discovered him after his death pretty much sucks. But, I enjoy his work and love how collectible he is.

US and UK hardcover first editions. A few have been inscribed or signed:

US Limited Editions and Tread Softly (published under the psuedonym Richard Kelly):

A few collectable paperbacks, including The Lawmen (written under a psuedonym) and a few "fastbacks."

I purchased Tread Softly from Ann Laymon, who appears to be selling extra copies from his library. Whether it's on the up-and-up, I don't know, but I got the book way under fair market value.

I went through Army basic training with Michael Arnzen. A college professor and writer of novels, short stories, and horror poetry:

My Ray Garton collection:

Country
    Country Flag

Personal inscriptions from various authors to myself and/or my wife (BedOfRoses here on .com)

Joe Hill

Bev Vincent

Ray Garton

Elizabeth Donald

This is from Richard Laymon to "Bill" but not me.

Various items from Mike Arnzen

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Nice collection!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Bill!

I have that paperback edition of Rage. I didn't realize it was hard to find.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Nice stuff Bill!

I have that paperback edition of Rage. I didn't realize it was hard to find.
    If it says "Printed in the U.S.A" and has a number line 1 thru 9, it's fairly rare and worth well over $100, depending on the condition. Quite nice for a paperback.

And, thanks, funky!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Beautiful!. I love looking at other people's books as much as I like looking at my own books.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection, Bill! I love how you have all those books inscribed to both you and Jeanne.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Beautiful!. I love looking at other people's books as much as I like looking at my own books.
    Thanks and I totally agree!!! I love looking at collection pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great collection, Bill! I love how you have all those books inscribed to both you and Jeanne.
    Thanks, Patrick. She and I are in this together, so it's fun to get some signed to both of us. I anticipate that we'll have many more. Jeanne's got a pretty snazzy collection too. Lots of signed 1st editions from various authors; Kingsolver, Auel, Ethan Hawke, Chabon, Atwood, Maud Hart Lovelace, etc...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing.
    Very cool inscriptions.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Patrick. She and I are in this together, so it's fun to get some signed to both of us. I anticipate that we'll have many more. Jeanne's got a pretty snazzy collection too. Lots of signed 1st editions from various authors; Kingsolver, Auel, Ethan Hawke, Chabon, Atwood, Maud Hart Lovelace, etc...
    I hope you plan to post pics of her books as well then!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection NeedfulKings I agree with everyone, you're lucky to have so many inscriptions. Those are very nice!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Guthrie and Ari. It's a start and we love doing what we do!!!

Patrick, I'll get some pics of Jeanne's books.

Country
    Country Flag

My new stuff.

Talisman/Black House gift set, signed by Straub and Rick Berry

Uncorrected Proofs for Buick 8 and Insomnia. I paid just under $100 for the two.

Country
    Country Flag

Two more new ARC's

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

My new stuff.

Talisman/Black House gift set, signed by Straub and Rick Berry

Uncorrected Proofs for Buick 8 and Insomnia. I paid just under $100 for the two.

I like the Insomnia one with the red at the top with the white under it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

We were lucky enough to be mentioned in Dark Discoveries Magazine. The article is personally signed by the author Kevin Etheridge.

Country
    Country Flag

Crimson, I like the starkness of the Insomnia covers. The ARC is impressive!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, here's my NON-KING/BOOK related stuff.

Our Terri Nunn (of Berlin) signed CD.

Country
    Country Flag

Also. Jeanne and I won a message board contest by a local band. We were invited to join them (and some band family and friends) in the studio for an evening. We actually provided backup vocals, clapping, etc. on a few tracks. At the CD Release show, Bart signed our CD as well as a harmonica (used at the show!). I put them all in a display case.

A printing of the e-mail saying that we won:

The CD and harmonica:

The CD Liner Notes.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Crimson, I like the starkness of the Insomnia covers. The ARC is impressive!
    Yeah, I really wasn't making an artistic comment though.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Nice collection.

I really like your paperbacks of Roadwork and Rage ,
    iŽl miss them in my collection.
    I will keep looking for nice copies to buy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast