Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Patrick

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection, Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Letti, Storyslinger, Bill , Geoff and Lisa.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Here is a flatsigned pop-up book that I obtained about three years ago, THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON. The S/L of this book was way far too overpriced for me, so this one will do just fine.

I had one of these from the same signing, but it was at a time in my life when I only collected S/Ls and not signed trade editions and I sold it on ebay. I think I bought it for about $100 and sold it for $250 or so....but I wish I had hung on to it. Now all I have to remember it by is this picture .

Last edited by tippy4; 07-29-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, tippy4. Yours has a line drawn under the signature, while Patrick's does not!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Interesting, tippy4. Yours has a line drawn under the signature, while Patrick's does not!

John
    Yeah, King varies that on his signature.

I have two signed copies of Lisey's Story. One signature is underlined and one is not.

You will also notice that Patrick's was dated by King, but mine was not (but you can see the camera date-stamped it the with the same date).

Here is a picture of a newspaper article about the signing....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why, it almost sounds like that might actually be a valid signature. Thanks!

I bought mine the day after the signing from a seller located in Bangor.

Tippy, do you have a larger copy of that article? If so, please PM or email it to me. Or a weblink to it would do nicely as well. Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My DT comic collection has rapidly grown out of hand - some nicely on the shelf, some still in bags at home, some in a bag at the office... So tonight I got everything out and organized.

Here is my King comic collection, including promo items. The two in the upper left corner are HEROES FOR HOPE and BATMAN #400. Everything else is Dark Tower comic stuff.

Promo stuff to the left, then each issue in a column moving left-to-right.
    Top to bottom of each issue column: 1:75 sketch variant, 1:25 color variant, 1st printing, 2nd and 3rd printings where applicable.

On the far right is the second story arc now in progress. Tomorrow I will pick up the 1:25 color variant of issue #2. I do not yet have the sketch variants for either of the first two issues, it remains undecided whether I will ever purchase them.

Today I bought a storage system at my local comic store to keep everything organized. It isn't as pretty, but it will hold many more issues than the fancy slipcase that many have purchased - and it cost less than five bucks.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My DT comic collection has rapidly grown out of hand - some nicely on the shelf, some still in bags at home, some in a bag at the office... So tonight I got everything out and organized.

Here is my King comic collection, including promo items. The two in the upper left corner are HEROES FOR HOPE and BATMAN #400. Everything else is Dark Tower comic stuff.

Promo stuff to the left, then each issue in a column moving left-to-right.
    Top to bottom of each issue column: 1:75 sketch variant, 1:25 color variant, 1st printing, 2nd and 3rd printings where applicable.

On the far right is the second story arc now in progress. Tomorrow I will pick up the 1:25 color variant of issue #2. I do not yet have the sketch variants for either of the first two issues, it remains undecided whether I will ever purchase them.

Today I bought a storage system at my local comic store to keep everything organized. It isn't as pretty, but it will hold many more issues than the fancy slipcase that many have purchased - and it cost less than five bucks.
    Wow Patrick, that is an amazing DT comic collection. I've never seen so many.

I think you better get the sketch variants for the two new issues as well. You will regret it later if you don't.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    ... I do not yet have the sketch variants for either of the first two issues, it remains undecided whether I will ever purchase them. ...
    Wow Patrick, that is an amazing DT comic collection. I've never seen so many.

I think you better get the sketch variants for the two new issues as well. You will regret it later if you don't.
    Thanks, Mr. R.T.

There are some other collections around here that are as big as mine, some are bigger than (Terry, Wiz, Jerome, etc.), but they don't get shown very often.

Yeah, I figure my resolve will break down eventually and I'll probably end up getting all the sketch variants of this story arc as well someday.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Patrick! I've been thinking about getting one of those cartons also. I just don't know where I'd put it.

I haven't gotten any of the sketch variants for the current arc either. After seeing what happened to the prices of the sketch variants for the first arc, I've decided to wait and get them later.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Patrick! I've been thinking about getting one of those cartons also. I just don't know where I'd put it.
    Thanks, John. I put one reading copy of each of the 1st printings so far (no bags, no boards, no slipcase) on my bookshelf. The box with the real collection is now in the guest room closet.

I haven't gotten any of the sketch variants for the current arc either. After seeing what happened to the prices of the sketch variants for the first arc, I've decided to wait and get them later.

John
    Yes, that's pretty much my plan as well. This was reinforced after I couldn't get the issue #7 Sketch Variant from my usual source. I had to resort to eBay with much trepidation, only to pay the low price of something like $17 including shipping. It was by far the best deal on a sketch variant out of all seven.

Today I picked up the Color Variant for TLRH issue #2 missing from the photo above. I love the art on the cover!

Last edited by Patrick; 04-03-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added photo

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bow to your greatness!!!!!

I hate seeing LRH stuff that I don't recognize. I think I have my comic dude trained, but he's slipping!!! :p

Heroes for Hope and Batman #400. What is the significance? Should I own them???

Great stuff, man!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I bow to your greatness!!!!!

I hate seeing LRH stuff that I don't recognize. I think I have my comic dude trained, but he's slipping!!! :p

Heroes for Hope and Batman #400. What is the significance? Should I own them???

Great stuff, man!
    Thanks, Bill.

What don't you recognize?

If you buy either of these two comics below, don't overpay, they weren't hard to find.

SK wrote the introduction to this (I paid $5 a couple months ago):

SK wrote a few pages of the story in this (I bought off eBay recently for less than $10, I think - don't quite recall):

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I like that Batman 400! I even see Berni as an illustrator. I'm on in, doggone it!!!

Thanks, man. I owe you (yet another) beer!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I told you before, I'll buy the first round.

In case you missed my question:
    ... I hate seeing LRH stuff that I don't recognize. I think I have my comic dude trained, but he's slipping!!! :p ...
    What don't you recognize? ...

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you buy the first round, I buy the next 20!

Let's see...the only things I own (of LRH) are the bookmark, the first issue, and the "Best Selling Authors" edition. I need to find the Previews magazine.

I'm not into any variants (yet) and haven't visited my local store to get Issue 2 (is that pictured above?).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... I need to find the Previews magazine.

I'm not into any variants (yet) and haven't visited my local store to get Issue 2 (is that pictured above?).
    Sounds like you have everything then, aside from Previews. If I come across another one, I'll pick it up for you. I think the Previews mag is already on to the next issue, so you might ask if they have the DT LRH issue in their old stock.

In the second photo of the collection, you can see the regular first printing of issue #2. The standalone photo above is the color variant of issue #2.

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Yeah, I'll visit my comic guy Monday. You've motivated me to dig out all my comics so far and snap an updated pic. I'll do it next week.

Oh, and I've considered the box you've got. Right now, I'm using a drawer in my dresser.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Bill is still using that drawer as a comics storage bin.

I've been lax in updating this thread...

Here is the S/L of Neil Gaiman's MIRRORMASK (Dave McKean, artist)

Very cool signatures on the sig page. This is #333 of 500:

Random interior page:

I only wish this book came in a slipcase.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's another Neil Gaiman book.

The Signed/Limited edition of M IS FOR MAGIC:

Signature page. This is #798 of 1000.

Random interior page:

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Bill is still using that drawer as a comics storage bin.
    Check the last page of my Collection Page, mister!

Nice Gaiman's man! Very nice!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, NK! I checked your thread.

On with the Gaiman...

"In this gallery quality book, Bickman blurs the distinction between fantasy and life as she eavesdrops on the set of award winning author Neil Gaiman's latest project, NEVERWHERE. With a cast of outrageous characters filched from the fray of New York and London spicing the mix, Bickman defies you to determine where Gaiman's world ends and hers begins..." Aside from the subject matter, the introduction is also by Neil Gaiman.

The cover looks scratched up, but that's just the Brodart protective cover, the book is just fine. It is signed by Kelli Bickman.

First edition

Random page. Fans of Gaiman's book will recognize the character names:

Another:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a Signed/Limited by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves, INTERWORLD. I read the story recently on Lisa's (aka Darkthought's) recommendation.

Signatures. This is #85 of 500.

Random interior page:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One last. This is not signed nor limited, but it is not available in the U.S. It was a book given away to schoolchildren in the U.K. Knowing how much I enjoy Gaiman, Darkthoughts sent it to me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This book's author is member of our site. Aside from the collectors here who probably all own it, I'm not sure how many people have seen the limited edition of Bev Vincent's THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER. It is a very nice production.

S/L slipcase on the left, Signed/Limited hardcover in the middle, trade paperback edition on the right.

The book itself.

I love the endpapers.

Interior artwork by illustrator Glenn Chadbourne.

Signature page. This is #154.

Back endpapers, different from the ones in front.

And here's the title page in my trade edition from that first photo - also signed by Bev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast