Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Randall Flagg

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere (if so can you redirect me?) but from start to finish how long did the project take? Also were the artists provided freedom to create the pieces or was there a certain direction they were asked to stay in?

Thanks.
    The project took about 6 months. Most of that was waiting for the artists to do their magic. I had the stamps (for the book covers and the slipcases) from a previous project. The stamps interesting enough were made of magnesium and the drill holes for mounting had to be done at a very very low speed to keep heat low and avoid them igniting.

Chadbourne was given ideas, but the other artists were free to create what they wished, the only requirement was that they did at least one piece or more for every story.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A binding for each individual story is a brilliant treatment. Beautifully done.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the reply. It has lead me on a google journey regarding book stamps and why magnesium.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere (if so can you redirect me?) but from start to finish how long did the project take? Also were the artists provided freedom to create the pieces or was there a certain direction they were asked to stay in?

Thanks.
    The project took about 6 months. Most of that was waiting for the artists to do their magic. I had the stamps (for the book covers and the slipcases) from a previous project. The stamps interesting enough were made of magnesium and the drill holes for mounting had to be done at a very very low speed to keep heat low and avoid them igniting.

Chadbourne was given ideas, but the other artists were free to create what they wished, the only requirement was that they did at least one piece or more for every story.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This came in a few days ago. Finally had a chance to open the box.
    Traycase Colorado Kid, Chadbourne version. Not easy to find these.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Jerome! Congrats!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a beauty. Congrats man!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, I love it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jerome! And thanks with your help with BOB promo fix! Interested to know how you accomplished it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a very nice looking production, congrats...

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the Colorado Kid edition. A beautiful and hard to find pick up.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. The Miller one will really be a challenge.

Along the Path of the Beam Tkstone is on a distinguished road Tkstone's Avatar

Default About the Infernal House lettered editions

Thanks for sharing your amazing collection.

This was the first time I ever saw a lettered edition of "The Woman" or "Haunter of The Threshold". The "Woman" edition is creepily cool.

Did you or anyone show what the lettered edition looked like for Brian Keene's book or Laird Barron's book?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are talking about "Halves", it can be seen here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Halves-SIGNED.../dp/B0160FW3LC

"Castaways":

Sorry,

I guess I should have been explicit. I was referring to the following two Lettered Edition books:

- Darkness on the Edge of Town by Brian Keene published by Infernal House

- The Light Is the Darkness by Laird Barron published by Infernal House

Thanks

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

• Bound in Moroccan (goat skin)
    • The book will have metal corners and clasps on the boards
    • Exotic custom traycase
    • Sewn in silk ribbon marker
    • Custom signed signature sheet signed by both the author.
    • This edition will be strictly limited to only 26 copies.
    • And some very special surprises.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sexy looking book. Did the end product have the metal corners and clasp(s)? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I do not see them.

*Or is the metal underneath the goat skin?

The pictures of the above shown book is actually for the limited edition that was out of 174 copies. Although not a lettered edition, it surpasses the quality of many lettered editions.

The lettered edition did have metal corners and additional clasps, etc. I was hoping someone on this forum had pictures of this book as I think it would be amazing.

I am also very curious to see what was done for the lettered edition of Brian Keene's Darkness on the Edge of Town too.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have this Laird Barron limited edition and it is one of the nicest, most beautifully produced books I own. If only other publishers would travel a similar road.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I have this Laird Barron limited edition and it is one of the nicest, most beautifully produced books I own. If only other publishers would travel a similar road.
    So yours is the same as the one pictured in my post?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So yours is the same as the one pictured in my post?
    Yes, that's the one....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow. Just gorgeous.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Now to my trophy cases:
    The Woman with the skin and cage is one of my favorites here
    I've never seen that book before but it looks super cool! I'm s sucker for an interestingly bound book and 3 of my top 5 are in that case (Last Call, Song of Kali, The Regulators)!

Any details about The Woman - publisher, etc? I don't even know who the author is and with such a vague name the internet is not helping me with my search...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing - thank you!

Is anyone making books like that these days?

The closest I can think of is Dragon Rebound, and I missed the boat on those . Or maybe Charnel House - but their Tim Powers books have been toned down a little from the earlier productions. Appointment at Sunset was neat, though! And needless to say, I am super jealous of your Last Call. I saw a lettered edition on eBay years ago, but I had just started collecting and the price tag was impossible for me at the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast