Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Randall Flagg

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome -

I seem to remember you discussing a book shoe (I think thats the term) you had made for your S/L Stand. I can't find those posts now. Would you mind discussing it a bit? I'm looking for a way to display mine without fear of the text block sagging.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a pic of the plastic "stand", and insert for The Stand:

The insert itself measures 6" x 2.5" x 3/16"

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome!

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, one other question Jerome. If looking at the book stand from the side, whats is the total length of the unit? (Trying to figure out if your design would be conducive to my shelves or if I'd have to alter it a bit before seeking quotes.

Thanks again!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what you mean by total length (front to back?).

Edit: I use this model also and it works well:

Footprint 9.25" X 6.5"

Country
    Country Flag

I managed to find a place locally that can do one of these with the block for about $28.

Sorry, I'm not always clear. I'm trying to figure out if our exact design would fit on my shelves or if I'd need to adjust the 45 degree angle to make it fit. The length I was asking about is indicated in blue below:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The footprint of the book on the stand is 9" wide x (your blue line) 10.5" deep. Once on the stand, this book needs at least 9.75" of shelf gap height.
    Blue line is 10.5". Hope this helps.

Country
    Country Flag

Helps greatly - Thanks Jerome!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, I love those Whelan inscriptions and doodles in your LSOE AE's!

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Jerome,
    thats a wild collection...but you have too many duplicates.
    I think you should give some to the goodwill near my house.
    I'll be there friday looking for good stuff..

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, they are awesome!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, you not only have an amazing collection, but I love the way you've got your treasures displayed!
    Highest compliments!!

sk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Jerome, you not only have an amazing collection, but I love the way you've got your treasures displayed!
    Highest compliments!!

sk
    Thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like how the cover of this book feels like reptile skin.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I'm not the greatest fan of Koontz, but that's a nice production.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Harvest Lettered Editions

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides the slipcases, which are gorgeous btw, what differentiates the lettered editions from the numbered editions?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Instead of numbers they have letters.

Very nice, Jerome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of the few Dark Harvest books I have, the wooden case and actual letter are the only differences.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of my Ray Garton titles.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see the non-Kings, Jerome!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Garton collection you have going. Thanks for sharing.

mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Of the few Dark Harvest books I have, the wooden case and actual letter are the only differences.
    The lettered editions have a different binding than the numbered editions. That is true of the McCammon and Simmons titles of which I have both editions. What confuses me sometimes is that the lettered editions are sometimes (but not always) issued without dj's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast