Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    ooooooooooh. i'll share mine with you if you'd like. some are on cd and some are on cassette but if you send me blank cds i'll dub the cassettes for you. would you like me to mail you something? i'll give you a list of what i have.
    Turtle, better do this by PM in future. You don't know who is reading these messages.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i'm just offering borrowing rights. no breaking copyright laws for me. no siree. i'm a law abiding turtle. see, this is me - - - following all the laws of these here fifty states.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

okay, it's probably just me but i'm having a hard time reading that listing. is rose madder on it? it's on cassette and it's read by stephen king and blair brown (i have it)
    I reformatted the list.
    Is it easier now?

rf - you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me haaaaaapy, when skies are graaaaaay.

thanks, it's just great now. so, shall we add rose madder to the list? or is this a different kind of list - not just what he has actually read but something else?

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick little question here. Where do u guys buy ur audiobooks? I buy my books from boarders and they dont sell audiobooks there. So where do u guys buy yurs??

i have a subscription to audible.com and love it. you can choose the level of membership. you get credits and that's how you pay for the books, or you can buy them with money. they are waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than in a bookstore or online anywhere else. plus, they send you coupons by email for special sales and stuff. right now, they're having a really great sale, i just picked up a bunch of books.

p.s. i don't work for them or anything, i'm just really addicted to audiobooks.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

edward mckay's has audiobooks.. barnes and noble has a sucky selection from what i've seen. the ones at edward mckay's are used... and idk if they're only in nc...

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

i debated putting this in the happy bouncy sunshine thread (and i might still do it). audible.com just added seven sai king books to their selection (yes, it's seven - one of my two numbers; it must be Providence with a capital P!)

Needful Things: The Last Castle Rock Story (Read by Stephen King)
    Insomnia (Read by Eli Wallach)
    One Past Midnight: The Langoliers (Read by Willem DaFoe)
    Two Past Midnight: Secret Window, Secret Garden (Read by James Woods)
    Three Past Midnight: The Library Policeman (Read by Ken Howard)
    Dolores Claiborne (Read by Frances Sternhagen)
    Gerald's Game (Read by Lindsay Crouse)

i don't know why Four Past Midnight: The Sun Dog isn't available (or if it's even on audio yet). as always, all are unabridged. i'm going to pass on gerald's game (we all know how i feel about that little number). but i am already downloading needful things and insomnia. one & two past midnight are next on the hit list. i'll probably pass on three past (i can do without a graphic rendition of a child's rape thank you). haven't decided about dolores claiborne. i really like frances sternhagen so i may give it a try.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The reading of Dolores Claiborne by Frances Sternhagen is MAGNIFICENT!! I've almost worn out my audio tape of that one.

John

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I haven't listened to Insomnia, I probably should!
    That's such a good book and I wouldn't mind hearing it read by someone else.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have a subscription to audible.com and love it. you can choose the level of membership. you get credits and that's how you pay for the books, or you can buy them with money. they are waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than in a bookstore or online anywhere else. plus, they send you coupons by email for special sales and stuff. right now, they're having a really great sale, i just picked up a bunch of books.

p.s. i don't work for them or anything, i'm just really addicted to audiobooks.
    I am enjoying my membership too!! Even the "lowest" type is fantastic. I've compared prices on iTunes and Audible and Audible wins every time. My audio collection from King grows monthly...unless I'm sitting with some extra cash...then I get extra books.

monte - glad you're enjoying it. did you get the summer olympics games notification? i earned enough to get another one of the new king audios!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... audible.com just added seven sai king books to their selection ...

Needful Things: The Last Castle Rock Story (Read by Stephen King)
    Insomnia (Read by Eli Wallach)
    One Past Midnight: The Langoliers (Read by Willem DaFoe)
    Two Past Midnight: Secret Window, Secret Garden (Read by James Woods)
    Three Past Midnight: The Library Policeman (Read by Ken Howard)
    Dolores Claiborne (Read by Frances Sternhagen)
    Gerald's Game (Read by Lindsay Crouse)
    Thanks for the heads up, turtlesong. I've been a subscriber to audible.com for a few years now because of my long commute. I'm glad to hear they're adding more King.

I just wish they had IT available.

Also, as a public service announcement for those who haven't read through this whole thread, I'm going to quote myself from June 2007:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Listen to Sissy Spacek read CARRIE. Awesome.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

<snip>

Also, as a public service announcement for those who haven't read through this whole thread, I'm going to quote myself from June 2007:
    Listen to Sissy Spacek read CARRIE. Awesome.

really? i've been avoiding that one even though i love the story. i'm just not sure about her voice. every time i think of her (sissy spacek) all i can think of is coal miner's daughter now.

is it/she really that good?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing as she is a fabulous actress, and that she played the lead role in the famous movie all those years ago, yes. Give it a try!

As much as I love when SK reads his own books, when the story has a female main character I prefer to listen to a female reader (Carrie, The Gingerbread Girl, TGWLTG, to name a few.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Seeing as she is a fabulous actress, and that she played the lead role in the famous movie all those years ago, yes. Give it a try!

As much as I love when SK reads his own books, when the story has a female main character I prefer to listen to a female reader (Carrie, The Gingerbread Girl, TGWLTG, to name a few.)
    okay, okay.

but if i don't like it i'm going to hold you personally responsible.
    and make you listen to dean koontz books for the next six months!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

okay, okay.

but if i don't like it i'm going to hold you personally responsible.

and make you listen to dean koontz books for the next six months!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is there no updated list on this thread?

Here are some audio versions (english language) that have been edited in France:
    o The Monkey/ Mrs Todd Shortcut (tape, really scarce) [not sure of the language]
    o The Word Processor of the Gods (CD)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also highly rate Cissy Spacek reading Carrie - you get totally lost in it

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Has anyone had problems with the Gunslinger on their MP3 players?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What problem are you having? I bought all my Dark Tower audiobooks on CD on eBay and ripped them to iTunes. No problems.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the Gunslinger on their MP3 players?
    what kind of problems? i get my audiobooks from audible and haven't had any problems at all. is it a standard mp3 player or an ipod or what? are you ripping cds to your computer then importing via something or downloading?

details?

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Samsung MP3 player. ALL the other Dark Tower audio books work fine, except gunslinger. For Some reason the gunslinger will not play or it shuts down my player or it won't download onto my mp3 player. Heh...I am downloading the torrent files from a website. But like I said, I only have this problem with the Gunslinger, not the rest of them.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's a problem with the download?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

gotta be the download. can you try alternative means of obtaining a copy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast