Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pan's Labyrinth

3 11.11%
  • Edward Scissorhands

3 11.11%
  • The Fisherking

0 0%
  • Pulp Fiction

10 37.04%
  • Forrest Gump

2 7.41%
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

1 3.70%
  • Seven Samurai

2 7.41%
  • Dogma

6 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group P

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 1, Group P

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Royale with cheeeeeese!

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Way! LT DANNNNNNNNNNN! I rather enjoy breaking your 100% poll domination feverish LOL. This was another toss up for me, the soundtrack is what put FG over PF

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's horrible. I can't choose between Forrest Gump and Seven Samurai (both my nominees)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Dogma is just so funny!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Pulp Fiction, but I admit there are three movies in the list I haven't seen before.
    Geoff

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It's the one that says "bad motherfucker" on it.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker, Motherfucker!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

"I don't believe in voodoo......But I do believe in this."

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Pulp Fiction all the way altho' i too loved Forrest Gump, and The Fisher King was one of my first picks. But Pulp Fiction gets a lot of air time at my house!! LOVE IT!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Pulp Fiction all the way altho' i too loved Forrest Gump, and The Fisher King was one of my first picks. But Pulp Fiction gets a lot of air time at my house!! LOVE IT!

The Fisher King would have been my pick if Pulp Fiction weren't in this bracket. I love almost all of Terry Gilliam's films, but that is one of the best of the bunch.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok, since Seven Samurai obviously has no chance, I'll vote Forrest Gump... it would be such a shame if it doesn't advance - supplanted by what? Pulp Fiction? You gotta be kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ok, since Seven Samurai obviously has no chance, I'll vote Forrest Gump... it would be such a shame if it doesn't advance - supplanted by what? Pulp Fiction? You gotta be kidding...
    That's funny because the year they were both up for the Oscar for best picture I felt the exact opposite. I know I am in a massive minority with my feelings about Gump, but I hated that film.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

McHenry is pretty far from Jersey, might I ask what brings you guys to Illinois?
    Some fuck named John Hughes.
    "16 Candles" John Hughes?
    You know him too? That fucking guy.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We figured we could live like PHAT RATS if we were the blunt connection in Sherman. So we picked up some money we were owed, and we caught a bus. You know what we found out when we got there? There is no Sherman - Illinois. Fucking movies are fucking bullshit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    That's funny because the year they were both up for the Oscar for best picture I felt the exact opposite. I know I am in a massive minority with my feelings about Gump, but I hated that film.
    don't know about minority... look at the votes...

Pulp Fiction just didn't touch me in any way... but annoyed and bored me no end, like everything else I've ever seen by Tarantino

don't know about minority... look at the votes...
    I didn't mean the minority in this particular contest. I mean that I don't dislike Forest Gump compared solely to the other movies in this bracket, I genuinely hate the movie which is not an opinion I've heard from very many other people here or anywhere else, except my wife who hated it even more than I did.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, it happens... I think it's something similar to the case of me and Clockwork Orange

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

::dies::

The answer is within

True. Not everyone likes everything. People usually get angry with me when I say I hate Gump, like they directed it or something. Bears are kinder.

Country
    Country Flag

sorry Lady Linda, I thoroughly hate Orange... but it's not the right place for discussing it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    True. Not everyone likes everything. People usually get angry with me when I say I hate Gump, like they directed it or something. Bears are kinder.
    I've already noticed that, while we normally agree on most intellectual stuff, we often feel very differently about books and movies, and I think it's very interesting - and requires future analysis

(I think, for example, that if I lived in a richer and safer, and altogether more wholesome environment, I might feel differently about both movies in question.)

My Mood
    In Love

Bear may have just hit the nail on it's head there *kiss*

The answer is within

That's a very interesting observation Jean, and I look forward to exploring it in the future. We do seem to have some overlap in our musical tastes, but my musical tastes are so ludicrously varied that there's overlap with just about everyone somewhere.

Country
    Country Flag

Lady Linda:

Jayson:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast