Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eyes of the Dragon - Let's Discuss! *SPOILERS*

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I created a thread in the collecting subforum, but perhaps I should've just asked my question here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?15019
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I did a search and couldn't find anything on the subject. Sorry if it came up before. It probably did, but oh well. It's been bothering me for a long time. Obviously, I have the Viking edition, as the Philtrum edition is way too expensive for me. I know the book was revised between the two editions. So the question is, what exactly was changed?

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to have to try to actually read this book. Bronson Pinchot reads the audio version and I couldn't take it.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    I wasn't enthralled either. Pleasantly diverted, sure. I was certainly never tempted to put it down and never come back (like I did with Insomnia) But as was previously said, "they can't all be gold". And again, I really hated the abrupt ending. I have this vision of Mrs. King walking into SK's study and saying:

TK: Dinner's ready!

SK: But honey, I'm almost done..just few more pages.

TK: I"m sick of your "few more pages" shit! Get your ass downstairs and eat your goddamn dinner that I just spent 2 hours making!

SK: Dammit woman! You're breaking my train of thought! I might not be able to pick it up again!

TK: Oh boo fucking hoo!

SK: Well, fuck! Its too late now! Dammit! *takes a predinner bong hit* Thanks for fucking up my ending, bitch! All for your shitty meatloaf and peas!
    Can you really see Tabitha doing that?....LOL

I personally have a special place in my heart for this book because it was my first King book...I read it when it came out many moons ago...My mother read it first and said it was more for my age than hers. It helped me get through a lot of shit when I was young, I was able to lose myself in that world and forget the bad stuff at that time.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon is still one of my favorites. I guess it's a bit quaint but it's one that I have come back to again and again.

I actually lent it to a friend who was new to SK (I had previously given her Girl who Loved Tom Gordon) and she loved it. I also remember how she hated Flagg and at one point she said out loud when reading it, "No [Thomas], don't listen to him!"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Losers Club podcast episode on the book is out:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...f-the-dragon//
    Last edited by mae; 06-22-2018 at 01:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3