+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TORCHWOOD. **SPOILERS**

John F. Kennedy Jethro is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I liked last night's ep.
    Spoiler:
    Jack and the bartender WOW!
    It's gotten better - the first ep just kinda set everything up. And Pullman has surprised me. It's certainly a different show than the original but it's grown on me.
    Wow, what a series so far. I was very apprehensive of Pullman being involved, but he's done a remarkably good job.
    Spoiler:
    So is it all big-pharma's fault, or in the end will there by some type of alien influence at work? As for the scene with Jack and the bartender, I guess that's one of the benefits of moving the series to Starz: partial nudity!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Whilst i haven't been enjoying it as much as Children of Earth so far, it has been pretty good, especially with ep 3. Ep 1 was mostly setup, but I still enjoyed seeing the old team again. 2 wasn't so good - Gwen and Jack just seemed to be side characters more than anything in that episode. However, now that the group has come together, it's been shaping up pretty well. Can't wait to see where they'll take it next.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Torchwood at San Diego ComicCon - lots of spoilers! (though not much past the 3rd episode)

...and 55:22, so set some time aside...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode...disturbing

Very much so, and on many different levels.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, you American bounders, now you've really got me looking forward to Thursday's ep! Disturbing, you say? Fantastic!

- Melike

Did anyone else enjoy seeing Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) in Warehouse 13 last night?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that I am finished with my Dr Who rewatch (at least until the new episodes start up) Time to watch Torchwood from the start. And so I go
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Very much so, and on many different levels.
    Just watched it, and whilst it's not exactly the most disturbing ep I've watched of the show, I will agree it's pretty fucked up. Still moving too slowly for my liking, though.

- Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Real people actually say "whilst"?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sure, people say "whilst" all the time. Why, only recently, one person used it in, "Real people actually say "whilst"?"

- Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Man, poor old Maloney had one really bad day, didn't he? And who know Esther had such mad skills?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else getting a tad fed up of the actual lack of Torchwood (ie Cpt Jack) he is really a secondary character to the American duo and its starting to piss me off. I dont mind them bringing in new characters and new continents, but leave Cpt Jack as the main character please. Crikey even Gwen has been relegated

I am hoping that after last nights episode
    Spoiler:
    just found out that they have Gwens kids and hubbie)
    that these two magnificent characters will come more to the front again.

Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode should have satisfied that Jack craving as it was almost all Jack!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It reminded me a bit of an episode of Lost -- all that flashback that ultimately ties in with the contemporary story.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally started watching Miracle Day. Just finished ep 5.
    So far I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty different from the previous seasons, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't read much in here for fear of being spoiled because I'm still a few eps behind. But once I'm all caught up I'll be back.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, that was much better! Finally, an ep all to Jack, some flashbacks, a few nice mentions of the Doctor and, best of all, some plot! Fantastic!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

last night was just.....unreal!

I think that Eve literally acted her socks off! What an intense episode and i think it was amazing that -

SPOILER! SHHHH!!!

Cannot wait until next week!

Jamesey
    xxx

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally all caught up! The last few episodes have been really good.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

So no love for the finale?

I liked that it wrapped everything up. Saw that ending coming at least halfway thru the episode though.

Am I the only one who heard Uncle Lewis in Christmas Vacation every time they mentioned "the blessing"?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the final few eps. I think they could have cut an awful lot of crap out and made a really really good mini series. I think its very telling that RTD wrote the final episode

I saw that ending coming a mile off too. and its spoilt it in a way being so predictable. it also means that crappie Rex is back whenever they redo the series

Although Esther going was a shock

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I have heard rumours that RTD did plan a 5 ep series, but Starz wanted 10. Just a rumour, of course, but it is a rumour that would fit with what we saw.

And it pissed me off a bit that the entire time, we were trying to work out what the hell "The Blessing" was, and what was the answer? "Dunno." There's a difference between being ambiguous and taking the piss out of the audience. Especially how unlikely the Doctor missing something like that the entire time would be!

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

depends on where he was doc
    dr who spoilers
    Spoiler:
    based on TW time line, he could have been out of this universe (captured by THE HOUSE, or even going on the hunt for Amy when she was preggers

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh no, i don't mean the whole series. I mean "The Blessing", something that had been around for millions of years, and yet the Doctor never knew about it? Really? Idk, I just felt that the whole show was ok, but a bit of a wasted opportunity when exploring the possibility of a worldwide immortal population. Children of Earth had set the bar so high, with it's look at the political side of such a crisis, and that was kind of what I was looking forward to with Miracle Day: seeing such a concept to the fullest extent that a 10 hour series would allow. And yet while Miracle Day had twice as many eps as Children of Earth, it didn't have half as much depth. The weakest series next to series 1 so far, I think.

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I agree with you there, the weakest link - but I never really set the bar high when i found out it was being filmed in the states (no disrespect to the USA crew) but the whole think with the refurbished Torchwood, was that it was down and dirty. This new series seemed too polished for my liking

There was quite a few bits that did not sit true with me Doc, your quite right about the Dr not knowing about the Blessing prior to the events of Miracle day. There was also the fact that teh British government just 'let' Torchwood be kidnapped by the Americans. Really? So there was nothing the Uk government could do? Let the Yanks win the day again ......!!!!! hummmmmm

And it showed all teh nurses and doctors being so calm about killing people? again hmmmmmm

But by far the worst bit was the series lack of Torchwood characters, if it comes back again (which I am very unsure of) i will really have to raise its game. Anf its a shame, because once we actually got into the story it was really good, personally I would say from around the time they found the old guy and found out about the three families. Before that it was utter tosh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast