Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TORCHWOOD. **SPOILERS**

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TORCHWOOD. **SPOILERS**

I am posting this in hopes Ms. Educated Lady will come and geek out with me.

I just finished season 2 a couple of days ago and I am eager to share my feelings with someone other than my boyfriend who is tired of hearing how the finale "made me feel".

Any takers?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Have you seen the Doctor Who Season Four finale yet?

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Although my boyfriend hasn't...he's patiently waiting for the DVDs, but I watched what I oculd on Sci-Fi and
    Spoiler:
    youtubed
    the rest! I'm looking forward to re-watching it with him when it comes out in Nov.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a regular series of Torchwood this year, just a five-part miniseries that is going to air in a single week in the UK. Not sure what the plans are for airing it over here. I thought the ending of season two was very sad.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, phooey! The same as Doctor Who, then? Just a short series? Gar! Luckily, my beau's family is in London, so if they don't release it here, we can get them to bun it to DVD for us (shhh!).

But yeah, the ending was just all depressing. I guess with Owen's "issue" you had to see what happened to him coming, but
    Spoiler:
    it was such an awful way to die!
    And despite his attitude, I think he was one of my favorites, then when
    Spoiler:
    Tosh died
    I got really pissed! Just in time to get really sad again!

Of course I wonder if maybe Rhys will be joining the team in the next bit...he seems to have becom pretty involved since the "Meat" episode.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, the writing was definitely on the wall for Owen, so it was only a matter of time for him. I think Martha is supposed to be back full-time for this year's miniseries.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be cool--I like her a lot, though it seems obvious she couldn't stay with the Doctor after Who series 3.

I still just can't get over the idea that they
    Spoiler:
    killed half the effing main cast off in the finale though!
    I think that miniseries is going to have a lot of ground to cover in just 5 episodes!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a regular series of Torchwood this year, just a five-part miniseries that is going to air in a single week in the UK. Not sure what the plans are for airing it over here. I thought the ending of season two was very sad.
    Heh, I didn't even know that and I LIVE in the UK.

I quite like Torchwood. It could be a lot better, but it's worth watching.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, the writing was definitely on the wall for Owen, so it was only a matter of time for him. I think Martha is supposed to be back full-time for this year's miniseries.
    Doctor Who spoilers too:

Spoiler:
    I wonder if maybe Micky will join Torchwood too. (Not sure how I feel about that. He's come a long way from the irritating bloke they started with though.) At the end of the Doctor Who finale he leaves in the company of Jack and Martha.

Spoiler:
    I wasn't too happy about the death of two characters at the end of Torchwood either. I kind of hope they don't find a way of bringing them back though as it gets a bit silly if everyone is resurrected every time they die.

Overall I rather liked series 2 of Torchwood, and the ending was interesting.
    Spoiler:
    I wasn't keen on Jack's brother though. Not the storyline itself, I just found the acting extremely hokey. (And I wonder how Jack didn't become insane being buried so long!)

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of it...I just read up on wiki about it. Torchwood is a clever anagram of Doctor Who. How close are the two intertwined? Where is our Dr. Who expert, Razz?

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Country
    Country Flag

Torchwood is a spin-off of Doctor Who, featuring one or two characters who have appeared in the show and other characters. It's filmed and set in Cardiff and it deals with an organisation that essentially monitors and captures various alien threats. They're situated on a rift in time and space through which various beasties and people come through. (Kinda like the hell mouth in Buffy but sci-fi rather than horror fantasy, if that makes sense.)

Probably more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

It's more adult oriented than Doctor Who, shown at a later time slot, so it does encounter more violence and sex and swearing. (The second series toned the sex down somewhat. )

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Exactly. I can tell you that Doctor Who is more family oriented. The origins of Torchwood are shown in the doctor Who episode Tooth and claw, and that's really all i can tell you. I haven't seen Torchwood yet (I've wanted too )

Mickey would make a fine addition to Torchwood. He's come a long way since his early days with Rose.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

But isn't Mickey in the parallel univere with Rose & company?

And I resent the comment that Razz is "the" Doctor Who expert--he knows I could take him to school on it anyday (kidding Razz...sort of).

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and on Torchwood---Torchwood's roots are from a sort of anti-Doctor who organization, it's been involved in and out of a few episodes of Who. However, the Torchwood in the spin off series is not directly related to Torchwood London, Capt. Jack (a Doctor Who Character) runs it with a slightly better viewpoint and mission than the original TW in London, more designed to help, whereas the original TW saw everything alien as something they owned and could/should use for "Queen & Country".

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    But isn't Mickey in the parallel univere with Rose & company?
    Spoiler:
    Not any more, as of the end of Season 4 of Doctor Who. He stayed behind when the Doctor returned Rose to the parallel universe with the other version of himself

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

exactly.
    Spoiler:
    He said something about how he wasn't needed there anymore because Rose has a Doctor now, then he ran off to annoy captain Jack

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Umm...considering like nearly every post has spoilers would y'all like me to put a spoiler warning in the title so y'all don't have to spoiler tag everything?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

that would probably be wise. it's kind of hard to talk about it freely WITHOUT a spoiler warning.

I was thinking that very thing myself.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that would be very helpful, Brice!

And..duh! I remember now about Mickey. I wouldn't mind seeing him on with TW--I'd like him there more than I would like Rhys at least.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Done!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Like Mickey, Rhys grew on me more and more as the series evolved. At first he was just a jerk, but we got to see more of his perspective and his strengths last season.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, but I think I still need a little more time with Rhys before I'm ready to see him highly involved in every episode...right now (IMO) he comes across as a man who is able to think on his feet and get through crazy situations but mostly because of his feelings for Gwen...is that enough to get his character through a daily barrage of crazy situations?

Although it would be interesting to see him interacing with Jack and Gwen on a regular basis...

Country
    Country Flag

Rhys is interesting, because apparently they did originally intend to kill him off. Remember the ending of series 1?

(I kind of expected it too considering Gwen's affair with the doctor bloke. I'm kinda glad they discontinued that.)

They liked Rhys so much they decided to keep him.

(I admit I find him a tad irritating, but it's certainly nothing against the actor's performance.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast