Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Contest #13 - Oy!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here we go, I actually prefer this version. He's more racoon than dog, but the scene on the bridge in Lud when
    Spoiler:
    Oy has to bite Jake's hand to stop from falling off
    makes me think he'd be smaller and more delicate than the daschund's compact frame.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOW that's him!!!

He's more racoon than dog
    and racoons are bears' little brothers! he also has something of a cat, and cats are bears' little brothers, too!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love it, Lisa!! Almost exactly how I pictured him, but in my mind's eye he's just a tad fluffier. Great job!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He is rather cat like isn't he...I was actually copying his posture from my cat George, who's asleep on my bed, so that's probably why

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

that's just about perfect!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't wish for anything better than that. I am not sure about the tail, but it completes the picture so well that I think it must be right.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers razzmatazz

This is a bit ot, well very ot, but have you seen any of the Dr Who/Tennant fan art on DevArt? It is awesome - you'd love it!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I couldn't wish for anything better than that. I am not sure about the tail, but it completes the picture so well that I think it must be right.
    How did you picture the tail, Jean?

Gretchen, how fluffy do you picture him? Burmese cat fluffy? Or somewhere inbetween?

I love that everyone's being more vocal with input on this one

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm wow Dark thoughts!! it's PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Coolio, thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    How did you picture the tail, Jean?
    Bears don't really picture anything, not in the visual sense... I have a very clear "picture" in my mind, but it is not visual, so I can't say... I don't think the tail that the Oy existing in my mind has is that long... but I don't really see.

But yours is so Oy that maybe soon I'll get used to this tail, too

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know exactly what you mean! I don't have a mental photograph of many book characters, but at the same time I know what they look like to me enough to be able to say "Yes" or "that's not quite right" when faced with an actual image.

The tail confused me too. SK's description doesn't really state if the tail is small or long, fat or thin...I was going to go very small like a pig's tail, but for this particular composition I thought he looked more cosy with a long one.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

It is perfect Lisa! OK now the rest of us can submit just for fun, cuz you've won the contest girl!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Gretchen, how fluffy do you picture him? Burmese cat fluffy? Or somewhere inbetween?
    I'm not exactly sure how much fluffier, but I didn't picture him quite so sleek. I guess I'm thinking that might be where the groundhog part kicked in? Or maybe I was thinking fatter? Can't put my finger on it, but you're version is soooo close to my interp!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    It is perfect Lisa! OK now the rest of us can submit just for fun, cuz you've won the contest girl!!
    I, too, think she won it... but a little more fun couldn't hurt! Seeing a lot of Oys is good, so please, people, make more pictures! It's not the same as having a lot of Mias in one thread!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Yes Too true! Everyone should make one for fun, now the pressure to win is gone!

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's too kind! I'd love to see more Oy's too

I've seen some lovely Oy's on other sites, should I post them in here?

Do we have a thread for DT fan art that we've found?

My Mood
    In Love

Why not start one?.....

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just looked and found an existing one...I'll post in there

Country
    Country Flag

::sits and waits for more Oys::

(bears love billybumblers)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisa, that's it!!!! I love it!

Heather, if you want an extension just ask - one is still available. I'd love to see what you do with this one.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Lisa I absolutely adore your new version.
    I'll let you know Daggers, when is the contest currently open till?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As of right now it's open until 10/7.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I have to admit, I pretty much just imagined Oy as a racoon.
    Heh, me too. Probably the eyes and the stripes. Cute animals racoons. And one species we don't have over here. (Lots of foxes though. I got really close to one the other day and took a few pictures. It seemed so used to people it stayed around after I had left.)

Oh... just so I'm not off topic, I'll give my entry a bash soon (probably tomorrow.)

EDIT: OK, just saw your last picture Darkthoughts. That's pretty much spot on for what I imagined. I imagined the squiggly tail thinner though for some reason. That's amazing though. All that fur texture must have taken ages. I suspect mine will be a bit more toonified.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha, the hair did take ages! Plus I nearly wrecked my pen forcing it over that charcoal

I'd love to see your fox pictures, do you display your photos anywhere?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast