Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #13 - Oy!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

beam your oy is just precious.

i wish i could draw something, resembling anything. i can draw a stick figure. does that count?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TS, if you draw a stick figure Oy, I will personally send you a check to purchase it from you.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hey you guys, there was just a beautiful raccoon outside the glass door
    at my house just now. I think he was here to tell me to start a new "painting".
    Yea!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SWEET! Looking forward to it!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks t/s! i guess all the really artistic people are taking so long because they're doing something amazing to put my poor Oy to shame...

it's ok i'm proud of him.. I don't think the one in the DTVII hard cover looked accurate.. My Oy has thick, silky fur and gold rings around his eyes... i feel like whoever made those pics in that book didn't even read the description of Oy.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

i agree completely!

Country
    Country Flag

i was just looking at the pic like.... what did they just tell him to mix a raccoon and a dog? could've read the books... geesh.. i'm all for artistic license and stuff, but he was going to be giving OY a FACE for Gan's sake! a lil respect please!
    /rant

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am afraid mine looks too much like my little visiting racoon.

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

that's a good "paint" job Linda!.... i'm not sure i can draw on the computer...

My Mood
    In Love

Thank you, its takes a bit of practice. I rather like painting, it
    demands my attention, unlike when I draw on paper or some other
    thing. Then it is more automactic I think, it flows. I'm just not sure
    that what I painted was Oy , or the "visitor" at my door.

The answer is within

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bears love both! the Lion's one is a little too cute, and the Linda's one looks a little clumsy... but they are both great anyway!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I am afraid mine looks too much like my little visiting racoon.
    I love the colour of its tail. So rich.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    In Love

thanks, I was going for Oy protecting the camp...

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

i tweaked my Oy after i posted him here. i took away the cutesy smile and added the tree... you know which one.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how the heck you do that on the computer, alinda, but I really like the style. And Beam, are you going to post up a revised picture?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

i would but idk when i'll be where i can scan it again. i'll see what i can do.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's okay either way - whatever you post last will be the one I put up for voting.

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I don't know how the heck you do that on the computer, alinda, but I really like the style. And Beam, are you going to post up a revised picture?

Thank you Dags, another of the reasons I enjoy this medium is that I can easily grab them from my computer onto my image host, and transfer the
    painting here to the site to share with you all.
    I intend to practice painting in this way, so as to be more able to control
    my creative ability. It feels rather like an etch-a-sketch still.

The answer is within

nice linda. i can't use paint for anything except the simplest of things.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

ok, here is my attempt! I just had to try cuz I love Oy!!!! Please keep in mind, I had no mouse to do this....just the finger pad thingy!

Country
    Country Flag

aww! kyoot! you got the curly tail too.... i had no idea there was like a debate about the eyes for Oy. i love exegesis..

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I was actually gonna join in on this one but
    my drawing abilities are mediocre at best
    i have no scanner to upload the image
    i cannot draw to save my life using mspaint

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I've been doing a little playing

ETA: I started with a long haired daschund, then added a raccoon face and put yellow rims on the eyes. Put on a groundhog's fur, a different raccoon's tail, and found some feet somewhere! I crack myself up!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

yeah, you crack me up too. more because you obviously crack you up.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

gsvec!!! haha awesome Oy!!!! great idea!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast