Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #13 - Oy!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #13 - Oy!

The article for Oy can be found here. I can't wait to see what you all do with this one! Good luck, and have fun!

Contest will close October 7, 2008.
    Winner: boehmke
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Oh man, I can't wait to see what people come up with for this one - it makes me wish I was artistic!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't done any drawing for ages. I keep meaning too... leave it until the next day... then the contest is over. I had a nice idea for the previous Mia contest too, but mental art doesn't get showcase unless you're on a forum of telepaths. (Any breakers find their way here? No?)

Whether my art would be any good or not is a whole other issue...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We'd still love to see it! Give it a try!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Heck yeah! Even my rough drawing of Eyebolt got a few votes.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nice, I can't wait to see the submissions for this one!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually dreamed last night that I drew a fantastic picture for this context. I woke up when I realized Oy wasn't in it; but the picture was very, very beautiful.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Will you try one then, and post it for us?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, when the saga of You Know What is over!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i drew a picture!... but i just drew Oy... is that the contest? i probably should've put other stuff in the picture.. i'm trying to convert the pdf to a jpeg now so i can upload it.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The contest is for Oy. You can put in a background if you want, but it's not necessary.

Country
    Country Flag

so do i post the picture here? maybe i'll try to color it on MS Paint.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, post it in this thread. When the thread closes, I'll post all the entires in a voting thread.

Country
    Country Flag

here we go.. i didn't try coloring it yet.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! He has a happy little expression on his face.

Country
    Country Flag

that was the only way i could get the muzzle to look right from the front.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's cute, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm.........very cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

just playing around....
    this is "My" OY.... ha ha

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I felt the breeze blow by as that went over my head - care to elaborate?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

had a hell of a time getting the picture to post... anyway... now it's there...
    he's my OY anyways...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aah, I see it now! He's a cutie!

And the reflection is S C A R Y!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    just playing around....
    this is "My" OY.... ha ha

ok.... so here's my story and i'm sticking to it...

definitely open to interpretation...
    in the dark tower, mordred - who represents the ultimate evil , turns into a giant spider.

in " IT ", pennywise, who represents the ultimate evil, also turns into a giant spider.

my "opinion" is that these two are actually "twinners", from different stephen king universes. not a stated fact anywhere... just my viewpoint.

the ghostly boy in my pic, could be a "normal" boy - from the "It" universe - playing gunslinger, but he is really a "Twinner" of Jake.

both pennywise and the twinner Jake are fading though into my universe via thinny in my backyard -
    which as all the locals know... is definitely a place, where strange "Things" happen.... specifically the area around my pool,

my pup "Thing" is most likely "OYs" twinner.

and that's the honest to gosh truth.... as i know it.

PS. Thing doesn't bark really - he talks.... really... the sounds that come out of his mouth are so human-like., i swear he's trying to actually speak. just like OY
    and he definitely has an OY-like curly tail

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Beam's Oy is amazingly cute, I really like it.

And that is one hell of a story Boomme--great entry into the contest.

I really, really wish I could draw.

Country
    Country Flag

thank you Matt

i get my artistic qualities from my mother i think.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast