Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would Roland ultimately choose?

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

An interesting theoretic question. I think that after letting Jake drop he realizes that he must put his humanity and love for others above his quest or he will not "deserve" to reach the tower. So, I think he would chose Algul Siento. Now the question that really makes me ponder, is, if he knew Eddie was gonna biff it at the battle of AS, would he have gone ahead???
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    ... Creation at least suggests positivity...
    You mean that no existence imaginable could be worse than non-existence?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Why do people take it for granted that there is some solution in fact and that Gan must be fair? Maybe iwhat's wrong is not just threats from outside but a flaw in the Tower itself. I don't always expect a happy ending from Stephen King.
    true, and adding to that, the story itself is a remake of the modernist quest for finality, certainty and meaning are turned on its head, leaving the overall plot partly the result of accident and arguably without meaning. And although we are not in the "meaning of the rose" thread i would like to add, The rose alludes to the possibility of many meanings or of nebulous meaning, the rose is a symbolic figure so rich in meanings that by the end it hardly has any meaning.
    Thoughts?
    to copress all of that i would simply add "Its the same old song and dance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2