Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Have not seen any pics of the original art yet. They're supposed to be 14x17 and Tim said he was planning to post them on Monday.
    Can you post here? You get 2nd pic right if I read that right..
    Yup! Can definitely post them here. I was 2nd in line, but cancelled briefly yesterday when I found out I have a tax bill due soon. I have some other expenses coming up as well (e.g., holidays, brother's wedding gift, moving next year, saving up for an engagement ring) so decided to sell some of my collection to raise funds and re-pledged. I'm hoping dropping out for a couple hours didn't lose my spot, but there's a chance I'm 4th in line now.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have not seen any pics of the original art yet. They're supposed to be 14x17 and Tim said he was planning to post them on Monday.
    Yup! Can definitely post them here. I was 2nd in line, but cancelled briefly yesterday when I found out I have a tax bill due soon. I have some other expenses coming up as well (e.g., holidays, brother's wedding gift, moving next year, saving up for an engagement ring) so decided to sell some of my collection to raise funds and re-pledged. I'm hoping dropping out for a couple hours didn't lose my spot, but there's a chance I'm 4th in line now.
    SHIT... Email Tim right away and tell him the situation and that you sold shit to get your place back in line. I have a strong feeling only 2 of the 5 pieces are REALLY worth it... well they prob all are.. you know what I mean.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SHIT... Email Tim right away and tell him the situation and that you sold shit to get your place back in line. I have a strong feeling only 2 of the 5 pieces are REALLY worth it... well they prob all are.. you know what I mean.
    Already did that last night

"I dropped out earlier today because I got an unexpected tax bill and thought this unfortunately wasn't in my budget. However, I've decided I want this enough to part with a few of my least favorite collectible books so I'm back in Any chance I can keep my initial place in line, which I think was second, even though I was out for a bit today?"
    Wanted:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Already did that last night

"I dropped out earlier today because I got an unexpected tax bill and thought this unfortunately wasn't in my budget. However, I've decided I want this enough to part with a few of my least favorite collectible books so I'm back in Any chance I can keep my initial place in line, which I think was second, even though I was out for a bit today?"
    PERFECT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

"Heath- thanks so much man, that's great news. Yeah- we'll keep your place in line, no worries!"
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

"Heath- thanks so much man, that's great news. Yeah- we'll keep your place in line, no worries!"
    That's great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good to hear. Looking forward to seeing the options

Country
    Country Flag

This was recently sent out as a campaign update for the Kickstarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgq2YumvFfY
    Hey all! When we shot the main video for this project, we ended up with a couple hours of Bernie talking about a GREAT MANY projects, and we want to share them with you here! Here's a great segment of Bernie talking about his first time working with Stephen King, and being on the set of CREEPSHOW!
    Wanted:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

'Swamp Thing' Co-Creator Announces Retirement Due to Poor Health

Bernie Wrightson, the co-creator of DC Entertainment's Swamp Thing and collaborator with Stephen King on a number of projects, has been forced to retire at age 68 due to poor health.

The announcement was made by Wrightson's wife Liz on Wrightson's Facebook page Monday morning. "Last November Bernie began falling again, and having obvious problems with perception," she wrote. "He had to undergo yet another brain surgery to relieve bleeding, and then spend several weeks undergoing in-patient rehabilitation. Unfortunately, it appears that he has lasting damage: he has extremely limited function on his left side, and is unable to walk or reliably use his left hand, among other limitations."

The statement continues by declaring the artist "effectively retired: he will produce no new art, and he is unable to attend conventions," although it continues, "Should this situation change I will happily announce it here."

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is such a sad update Bev. Poor Bernie...Man is SO talented!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's so terrible. Bernie's been one of favourite, if not my favourite, artist for a long time. He helped to create my favourite comic book character, provide the best art for King works and illustrate one of my all time favourite novels (Frankenstein). I can only hope the best for him.

Country
    Country Flag

That's heartbreaking to hear Bernie's work is iconic and I'm hoping for the best for him and his family.

Wanted:

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Gosh......God-Speed Bennie. love your work, Best wishes, would love to see you back at work and at some shows!!
    Keep the faith,,,,,,,,,get well soon Love you man

BRIAN..............

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

So sad to hear. Hopefully he will get better to at lease enjoy his retirement. Sending good vibes his way.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where I can see Bernie's Illustrations from From a Buick 8? I've tried looking on the internet but I can't seem to find them and CD doesn't have them listed any longer on their website.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Does anyone know where I can see Bernie's Illustrations from From a Buick 8? I've tried looking on the internet but I can't seem to find them and CD doesn't have them listed any longer on their website.
    Looks like we need to update our illustrations catalog

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    They have links that lead nowhere. Perhaps they have yet to populate the pages.

I'll ask on the CD thread.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Vale Bernie ... one of the greatest...

Country
    Country Flag

From Liz:

Austin, TX - 3-18-2017

Legendary comic book artist and illustrator Bernie Wrightson has lost his long battle with brain cancer. He is survived by his wife Liz, sons John and Jeffrey, stepson Thomas, and countless friends and fans. We will have a celebration of life for him later this year. His full obituary can be found here: www.berniewrightson.com

Thank you for the many years of love and support! <3

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Wanted:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredibly talented, such a shame. RIP Bernie.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

;(
    Rest In Peace
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

Horrible news..... such a sad thing to hear

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

At least he is not suffering any more. I missed getting to meet him and from everything I've heard and read, he was a great guy.

Last year, I was able to get George Romero to sign my copy of Creepshow. I had already gotten Tom Savini and Tom Atkins to sign in years past. Romero didn't seem like he was in the best of moods (this was the third day of signings he had been through). He saw one of the other sigs (both in sharpie) and thought it was Bernie's sig. His face lit up like a Christmas tree when he looked at the sig and mistakenly thought it was Bernie's. He said something like "ooo!! Signed By Bernie Wrightson??" I think that was the one genuine smile I saw from him that day. Not much of a Bernie story but the only one I have.

R.I.P.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Man that's some pretty rough news. Bernie's always been a favourite artist if mine, King related or not. RIP Bernie you will be sorely missed.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Two great guys going through The Gates together, Bernie and Chuck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast