Donate To Keep The Site Robust And Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So sad

Gunslinger Apprentice darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Artist

Demon of the Prim DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So sad to hear. I was lucky enough to meet Bernie last summer at Boston Comic Con - I was able to get a number of King related prelims. He was gracious and kind. A great memory.
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255
    Colorado Kid #33 - I have Miller #33, looking to match with the other two

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad indeed. I feel very lucky to own one of the framed DT 5 prelims by Bernie.

I've looked at the prelim three times today as well as pulled out my Creepshow and slowly went through it. An incredible talented artist.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about DoctorZaius has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Very sad indeed. I feel very lucky to own one of the framed DT 5 prelims by Bernie.

I've looked at the prelim three times today as well as pulled out my Creepshow and slowly went through it. An incredible talented artist.

Mulleins
    I pulled mine out today as well. I went through them with my daughters. both of whom were with me at Boston Comic Con. So happy I was able to get something to remember him by.
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255
    Colorado Kid #33 - I have Miller #33, looking to match with the other two

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

damn

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Im very happy I got to meet Bernie and experience his art. He will always be one of my favorite artists
    Wanted
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to hear the news. A great talent taken too soon.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bernie....how you will be missed...incredibly talented....am sad beyond belief.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Manni Folken zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad news. RIP Bernie.

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So sad.....

My collection
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...on-Stockerlone

GERMANY-FIFA Worldchampion 2014

SALE
    Stephen King promo telefon card
    Desperation/Regulator Flip-over ARC Leseexemplar

Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw the news. Damn, I'm sad, but also thankful that he is no longer suffering. I never got to meet him. I returned to my apartment one night a few years ago and was flipping through various local news to see that he was a guest at one of the Cons, but it had ended mere moments before me seeing the news....and that the convention center he was at was only a mile from my apartment. "Regrets.... I've had a few...." I hope that wherever he is, if there is indeed someplace, he has all the canvas and paint that he can use!
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

TRADE/SALE
    The Stand 1978 1st/1st
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RIP Bernie
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read an article on his life. I did not realize all the work he had done and the mediums he had touched with his visions. Like the Mist for instance... I didn't know he did the concept work on that. Or Ghostbusters... he really was an amazing artist. A REAL loss...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Very sad, one of the best. One of my favorite all time is the Frankenstein edition with his art and King's intro.

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad to hear about his death but at least he's not suffering anymore. Last year was really complicated for him and his wife Liz.

Ten years ago I dealt with a local convention to invite him. I got green light from both parties but Bernie needed the schedule in January (Con was in August) and the organizers didn't provide it. I tried again on the next year and the same scenario happened, so I gave up. But I kept in touch with him and Liz and arranged a phone interview for the magazine I worked on. I got the chance of talking with him for 10-15 minutes and it's a moment I never forgot. Very down-to-earth and kind. I'll miss him.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read that the Walking Dead season finale was dedicated to Bernie Wrightson.

https://moviepilot.com/p/the-walking...ribute/4238417
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the original art tier of the Cycle of the Werewolf kickstarter and have been asked to select a piece. Any recommendations? I'm leaning toward the third one right now.

Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Iím with you.... but 3 is dammmm close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Iím with you.... but 3 is dammmm close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 and 4 are my top two choices. Might have to go with 4 Thanks for the opinions!
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like 4 also.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hunchback Jack will become famous soon enough Hunchback Jack will become famous soon enough Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I prefer 3 to 4 but like them both.

Country
    Country Flag

These images were less than $200 just 2 years ago at a Comic Con. I have (I think) I still have pictures of the books where it was shown. I tired like hell to buy them all... no luck. A member here did get a bunch of them though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast