Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your opinion is good enough for me! Adding this to Pride & Joy!
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I get some time Gris, I'll post a picture of the signature I have by Berni.

The only way I can tell he signed it is because I got it signed in person at a convention.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Bob that it appears to be authentic.
    Sometimes it helps to see several known signatures next to one you want to clarify:

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's about the most inconsitent signature I've ever seen
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very inconsistent indeed!

Heres mine:

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I agree with everyone Bernie's sig differ's from one sig to the next. I had him sign 4 books of mine when he was at a comiccon here in MI last year and you can see differences in those sig's as well Congrats on the new prize Gris
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didnt exactly know where to post it :

Here is a link to an interesting video with Berni Wrightson about his Frankenstein
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZvApCdULE"]YouTube - Berni Wrightson - Frankenstein Documentary[/ame]
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Herbert, I moved this post into the Berni Wrightson thread. Thanks.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Bernie Wrightson is appearing at the The Baltimore Comic-Con this coming weekend ( October 10-11, 2009 ).

Baltimore Comic-Con Website
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - Bernie Wrightson is going to be at Comicpalooza in Houston on March 26th through 28th.

Comicpalooza Website
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The website says returns July 2011. Still looks dead to me.
    Link:http://www.wrightsonart.com/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The art is freaking awesome though !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Facebook Message from Liz Wrightson...

Okay, y'all first: Bernie is in the hospital, having suffered a series of SMALL strokes. Tests are happening; surgery may be in the cards. His cognition and spirits are good, but convention appearances look unlikely for the next few weeks. Overall he is okay, as we got him to the hospital FAST. Send good thoughts and all that... -Liz

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My prayers are with him.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Sorry to hear that. Berni has always been my favorite artist.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Facebook Message from Liz Wrightson...

Okay, y'all first: Bernie is in the hospital, having suffered a series of SMALL strokes. Tests are happening; surgery may be in the cards. His cognition and spirits are good, but convention appearances look unlikely for the next few weeks. Overall he is okay, as we got him to the hospital FAST. Send good thoughts and all that... -Liz
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sad to hear this and I also wish him a speedy recovery!

Just met him in May at the Dallas Comic Con and he graciously signed my 1st/1st copies of COTW and WOTC. We chatted for quite a while. An awesome and humble man!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Steve Niles is going to set up a Get Well page on FB where people will be able to offer good wishes. I'll post a link when it's available.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is sad news to hear.

I hope Bernie pulls through this and is back to health quickly!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    This is sad news to hear.

I hope Bernie pulls through this and is back to health quickly!
    I as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Per Steve Niles: Bernie Wrightson was released from hospital yesterday.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is great new!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very good news, Thank you Bev for keeping us updated
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Just picked up the new issue of Comic Book Creator which has an extensive interview with Berni Wrightson. Berni goes into details on his collaborations with Stephen King on books and films.

I know that he work on the Mist, but didn't know that he also worked on Riding the Bullet and Green Mile.

Edit: Just realized that this is an old interview from 2004, but still very interesting.

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Traveler zedshead is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am trying to track down Bernie Wrightson original works from Cycle of the Werewolf, The Stand, Wolves of Calla, and From a Buick 8. Specifically, I really need to hunt down Werewolf originals. Would anyone out there happen to own any of these works, or know where I can find some?

Thank you!

Jerad Walters
    Hi Jerad, and welcome to our little corner. You are a well liked and respected figure amongst our group of collectors. We are honored that you come to us with your question.

Well, you have Bob's work scanned at this point. Our member oy the brave owns a Wolves of the Calla Wrightson original (the paperback edition cover). My three originals of Wrightson are only pencil drawings which I do not think you are interested in. One is a Wolf sketch from the S/L Cycle of the Werewolf. The other two are from Wolves of the Calla. Pictures follow:

really good sketch.,.,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast