Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    You don't see an original DarkTower piece come up very often. Liz just posted this on Bernie's site:

One of the remaining few pieces Bernie did for Stephen King. Acrylic paint on 11.5X15.5 Briston Board; image size 8X12

https://wrightsonart.medialayer.net/...73ddae82e2dad9

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I SO SO want that, but Bob probably already purchased it, LOL

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

still says it can be added to cart. . .

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    You don't see an original DarkTower piece come up very often. Liz just posted this on Bernie's site:

One of the remaining few pieces Bernie did for Stephen King. Acrylic paint on 11.5X15.5 Briston Board; image size 8X12

https://wrightsonart.medialayer.net/...73ddae82e2dad9

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I SO SO want that, but Bob probably already purchased it, LOL
    Go for it, David! I do not plan to buy it. I hope you do.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    it DID say that

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll say congratulations Oy !!

What a great piece of art !!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The link goes to a blank "Product not found" page now that OTB bought the item.

Congrats!

Can you post a picture, Dave, for those who might have missed it?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    it DID say that
    Hah! I ALMOST posted that if Bob did not own it, Dave would step up, and there you have it. That's REAL nice Dave, congrats!!!! As much as I would have loved that piece, I am patiently waiting for something else (no hints).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Well, since it's been scooped up - it can't be displayed anymore. Can't wait to see it as part of Dave's collection!

You gotta be fast around here, folks !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here it is, I know I should not have incurred the debt right now but I figure there are not that many originals out there to be had. I am afraid glare made it hard to get a good shot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Here it is, I know I should not have incurred the debt right now but I figure there are not that many originals out there to be had. I am afraid glare made it hard to get a good shot.

Very nice OY.

As soon as I saw Liz post that on their site I had to post it here hoping one of our own would get it.

Glad it all worked out.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David!

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    it DID say that
    Hah! I ALMOST posted that if Bob did not own it, Dave would step up, and there you have it. That's REAL nice Dave, congrats!!!! As much as I would have loved that piece, I am patiently waiting for something else (no hints).
    hmmmm, I wonder . . .

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Awesome buy Oy!. Congrats. Would love to see it framed too when it's done.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice OY.

As soon as I saw Liz post that on their site I had to post it here hoping one of our own would get it.

Glad it all worked out.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

I am sorry I should have thanked you Ralph...so now I will...thanks for posting

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's a great buy, Dave.

If you have to go to debters prision, what better for than an original?!?

It's a wonderful addition to your collection.

Personally, I love when someone here grabs up a great item!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave-

I am thrilled for you. Jealous, yes, but very happy you got this.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    It's a great buy, Dave.

If you have to go to debtors' prison, what better for than an original?!?
    In that case, he'd probably hang it in his cell...

and then pull a "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Dave, on the new painting. Bernie was very reluctant to sell his DTV paintings when the book came out because he didn't know when he would get to work with King again. Not many have come on the market. It's a nice one that you got.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

May i ask what was the price?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nice!

May i ask what was the price?
    Unless Dave worked a discount, it was listed at $5,000

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the info :-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Berni Wrightson autograph validation...

Before I go post in the "New Pride & Joy" thread, I want to try to verify that it's not something to be posted in the "New Embarrassment & Shame" thread.

I received a 1st/1st of Cycle of the Werewolf apparently signed by Berni.

I tried to compare the sig to others in the catalog, but he seems to be all over the place so I have no clue.

These are what I tried to use to compare. some seem dead on, some seem like a totally different person signed.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=978

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1001

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1035

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1301

What do the experts think, is this genuine or no?

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

It looks authentic to me. As you say, his signature varies quite a bit from book to book. I also suspect his signature isn't frequently forged as it doesn't add that much value to any particular book. I collect Peter Straub and his signature also varies quite a bit but is infrequently forged for the same reason.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Gris,

It's good. I have a few from Bernie like that. He's all over the place with his sig, that's for sure.

In your copy, his sig flows very well.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast