Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Parts of Wizard and Glass

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

My favorite book was Wizard And Glass.
    My favorite part was the battle at the end, when Susan breaks Roland, Cuthbert and Alain out of prison, then the shoot at the citgo, was Alain uses the speed shooter to take out Farson's men and blows up a few tankers. Then Roland puts two slugs in Jonas face at close range. Then the rest of Farson's men get trapped in teh canyon and eaten by the thinny... God did I love that book.
    Last edited by Jean; 06-03-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: All CAPS removed

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

gah! could you please not type in all caps?

please?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's a little tough to read.

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

Cry your pardon about the all caps, didnt realized it bothered people.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

that's okay. i don't see how it couldn't. also...that post really belongs in a wizard and glass discussion thread. i don't think there's one just showing love for it yet...only polls. if you'd like to start one, i'd be more than happy to move your post there.

love for w&g, or somesuch.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have removed the ALL CAPS from that post, only for the sake of readability: it was the starter post of this thread, so it should be readable. (the author is notified; if he'd rather have caps there, I'll get them back)

This is a very good idea for a thread. I don't like W&G - it's one of my two least favorite of the series - but there were parts there that I loved. I think they are universally loved, - because they are great. The showdown at the Romp, of course, and the battle at the end... and, of course, the last flashback, the tragic scene the second ka-tet saw in the pink ball, and the talk that followed.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite parts in W&G is the stand off at the bar between Roland and his Ka-Tet and the Big Coffin Hunters, especially the part where Roland tells Jonas something along the lines of : "Drop the knife, no more talking. Do it or die."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's really the top, isn't it? The whole scene, not only since Roland was there. I think it's the absolute best in the book. And this is the part you mean:

"Holster the gun," the voice behind the sharp tip of metal said. It was empty, somehow -- not just calm, but emotionless. "Do it now, or this goes in your heart. No more talk. Talking's done. Do it or die."

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

and that they did that scene in the comics makes me so happy. to see it so visual and bright and graphic was amazing.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. The way it was portrayed in the comics is exactly the way I had imagined it while reading through it. I also love the way that Lee drew out Jonas's eyes, he looks like the devil incarnate.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved that scene as well. Jonas knew that the voice behind him was not fucking around.

That's what I always want to see in movies. "Drop it now or die"
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

John F. Kennedy pol is on a distinguished road pol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    One of my favorite parts in W&G is the stand off at the bar between Roland and his Ka-Tet and the Big Coffin Hunters, especially the part where Roland tells Jonas something along the lines of : "Drop the knife, no more talking. Do it or die."
    This for me has always been one of the best parts of the book for me as well....Roland, even at quite a young age, is not one to be lightly.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished a light reread of W&G. I skipped most of the Roland in a flashback and focused on the post blaine and the wizard of oz. I do have to say that the red slippers and the clicking of the heals was pretty funny. At this point in the book, a lot of stuff happened in a short time and I think they were pretty beat. To walk up to five pairs of red shoes made me giggle. Oh stephen king, you crack me up.

also, the "note" that Flagg leaves for them back on the path of the beam with the smiley faces.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just listened to the "showdown" between the ka-tet and Big Coffin Hunters in the bar again. I think that really is the best part of an otherwise "too mushy" book. Cuthbert cracks me up.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That was an awesome part, and one of my favorite

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I just listened to the "showdown" between the ka-tet and Big Coffin Hunters in the bar again. I think that really is the best part of an otherwise "too mushy" book. Cuthbert cracks me up.
    My favorite part as well. And the standoff that follows is another great part as well.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Whats wrong with mush? The romance between Roland and Susan is awesome and you lick sweaty donkey anus.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Whats wrong with mush? The romance between Roland and Susan is awesome and you lick sweaty donkey anus.
    It is not sweaty.

Oh and the mush story was kinda lame. It is a tiny bit better after reading it a half dozen times and listening to it twice. Tiny bit.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am rereading W&G their love still rocks. For me at least.
    Somehow it's so... innocent and true. Selfish and hot. Great and small.
    Okay.
    I have stopped.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

My favorite part of this book is when Jonas meets O'Dim. Fantastic, creepy suspense.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    My favorite part of this book is when Jonas meets O'Dim. Fantastic, creepy suspense.
    Oh yes. And it's so good to see what a bunny Jonas can be. It's good to see him fear.

Roland would have understood.

Awww so you decided to stop ignoring me Letti! I think most folk when confronted with Walter would be a bunny..

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

After reading the comics last night, I retract any sour comments I've made against Susan. She really did care, and it hurt to see he die, her life for Roland. I plan to reread the book, with my new outlook, but am now not looking forward to the death of her. It may be very hard this time.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'd have to put in a mention of Susan's rescue of the boys from the pokey. Though she's no gunslinger, she certainly showed a level of courage equal to that of her beloved. Poor Deputy Dave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast