Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yojimbo

0 0%
  • 12 Angry Men

6 21.43%
  • True Romance

2 7.14%
  • Goodfellas

6 21.43%
  • The Godfather II

2 7.14%
  • Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

0 0%
  • Shawshank Redemption

12 42.86%
  • Dog Day Afternoon

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group H

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 1, Group H

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now go home and get your f'n shinebox!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

12 Angry Men though this was another tough bracket. I still think some of my other favs in this bracket will get plenty of votes though.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

How dare you make me choose between True Romance and Shawshank... I shall remember this...

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    12 Angry Men though this was another tough bracket. I still think some of my other favs in this bracket will get plenty of votes though.
    while mine (Yojimbo and Mr.Smith) obviously won't... Voted for 12 Angry Men, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

ugh! Terrible round!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Does anyone else notice that a SK movie is in the lead?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

Shocking, isn't it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

Shocking, isn't it?
    Actually, in this particular bracket, it is a little surprising. Shawshank is a good adaptation (one of the few I can say that about) but this bracket has some of the finest films ever made. That it is ahead of all of them, even at an SK forum, surprises me a little.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Shawshank because it is one of my all time favorite movies. Top ten fo sho! I am a huge fan of True Romance. I've probably seen it ten times but haven't seen it in years and years. My friend, sarajean, has watched in twice in the last month and has been harassing me to get on it again and soon. So, it is now being added to my long list of movies to do, and redo.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I voted Shawshank because it is one of my all time favorite movies. Top ten fo sho! I am a huge fan of True Romance. I've probably seen it ten times but haven't seen it in years and years. My friend, sarajean, has watched in twice in the last month and has been harassing me to get on it again and soon. So, it is now being added to my long list of movies to do, and redo.
    True Romance is indeed a great film, though it'd have been about a million times greater if that hack Tony Scott left the ending as Tarantino wrote it...

Spoiler:
    In the originally written ending Clarence dies in the shoot-out. Much better than that schmaltzy typical Hollywood ending Scott tacked on.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't True Romance a remake of a movie by the same name?

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Isn't True Romance a remake of a movie by the same name?
    Not to my knowledge. There is no other film on IMDB of the same name.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, True Romance is an original, as far as I know. I believe it was the first screenplay Tarantino did after Reservoir Dogs but before Pulp Fiction.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

It would seem from what I've read that the screenplay for TR was completed before the Dogs screenplay (as it is often called "Tarantino's first screenplay'). However, at the time Tony Scott read the script, both screenplays were complete. In fact, Scott wanted to do Reservoir Dogs more than True Romance, but Tarantino insisted he was directing that Dogs (and thank god he did).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh cool thanks for the Tarantino refresher. You're right. He did write that first. I'm sure of it.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Geez, I really need to watch True Romance again. It's been ages since I've seen it, I don't even remember what happens in it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen all of the films in this bracket, so I went for Shawshank as my most enjoyed film of those I'm familiar with.

Traveler flea is on a distinguished road flea's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tough one. True Romance Godfather2 Shawshank, very hard to choose. Went with Shawshank

+ Reply to Thread