Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blade Runner

10 41.67%
  • Blow

2 8.33%
  • Spirited Away

3 12.50%
  • Donnie Darko

3 12.50%
  • Lion in Winter

1 4.17%
  • La Prima Notte Di Quiete

1 4.17%
  • Raging Bull

3 12.50%
  • Grave of the Fireflies

1 4.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group G

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 1, Group G

[IMG][/IMG]

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was not called execution.
    It was called retirement.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Raging Bull.

Question for you Feev... In each bracket there seem to be at least one film's name that is italicized. It also always appears to be one of my nominees. What's up with that? Weird stuff.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the italics shows which movie you voted for.

Interesting. Thanks.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And here I thought Feev was trying to subliminally implant his choice in everyone's heads.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on people, we need more votes up in here!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Spirited Away . I can't get enought of that movie! It's just one of those movies i could watch over and over again and never get tired of.

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen Blade Runner probably three times. I wanted to like this movie but I think it is over rated.

I voted for Donnie Darko.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I've seen Blade Runner probably three times. I wanted to like this movie but I think it is over rated.
    If I didn't already love you Maer this would have done it.

Thank goodness somebody else feels that way about Blade Runner. I have many friends who think it is the height of filmmaking, and I have tried to enjoy it, but I didn't.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did enjoy it, but I don't even think it is a film... it's ninety minutes of nice but mediocre entertainment, is all

but what is greatly overrated, it's Donnie Darko

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ...but what is greatly overrated, it's Donnie Darko
    Can't disagree there either. I enjoyed it the first time I saw it, but I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

In a bracket with Raging Bull, Donnie Darko never stood a chance for me. I think it's one of DeNiro's finest performances, despite what some may say about Adam Sandler being a better actor than DeNiro (what's become of Mattrick anyway?)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

someone has voted The Lion in Winter... who are you, my unknown friend? I know I voted La Prima Notte, so it couldn't possibly be me again...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    I LOVE Spirited Away . I can't get enought of that movie! It's just one of those movies i could watch over and over again and never get tired of.
    You know, everytime I've watched this movie, I always start out at the part where that creepy blob thing is eating all the people I've never been able to watch it in it's entirety. Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle? Another good animated film - not as good as SA, but still pretty decent.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spirited Away is my favorite Miyazaki film. You really need to sit down and watch it from beginning to end Feev, you won't be disappointed.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    If I didn't already love you Maer this would have done it.

Thank goodness somebody else feels that way about Blade Runner. I have many friends who think it is the height of filmmaking, and I have tried to enjoy it, but I didn't.

awwww! I you lots too!!!

I did enjoy it, but I don't even think it is a film... it's ninety minutes of nice but mediocre entertainment, is all

hmmm you think so? I've seen it twice and enjoyed it both times. What I really need to do is see Spirited Away. Thanks Heather19 for your positive review. I'll get on that soon.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

I didn't know what to make of Spirited Away. I liked much of it, but found some of it rather odd and confusing. That said, I know little of Japanese films outside of Kurosawa so I didn't have much to judge it by. I definitely thought it was well done, I just didn't really get it. I did think the look of it was fantastic.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

About Spirited Away: I'm going to spoiler this just in case, I was worried I might be giving away too much for those that haven't seen this film yet.
    Spoiler:
    It's about this young girl who gets thrust into this fantasy world, where she has to draw on her own strength and courage to survive, as well as to save her parents. I just kind of saw it as her journey of growing up. She learns alot throughout the film, and has to deal with hard situations, all of which give her the ability to become something more. She grows up drastically throughout the film, and is a very different person by the end of the story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm you think so? I've seen it twice and enjoyed it both times.
    I am not saying I didn't enjoy it, it's that a half-hour after I finished watching I forgot about it altogether. It didn't become, as it were, part of my life, and that's what I would expect a great movie to do.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Agrees with The Bear*

Jean, well said. I judge films pretty much the same way. The ones that either leave an indelible imprint on my brain or call for me to watch them over and over and over again are the ones that are truly at the top of my list. Others I can find entertaining or good, but not great.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm you think so? I've seen it twice and enjoyed it both times.
    I am not saying I didn't enjoy it, it's that a half-hour after I finished watching I forgot about it altogether. It didn't become, as it were, part of my life, and that's what I would expect a great movie to do.

good point. It didn't become an obsession for me as it did for some. A few years back Entertainment Weekly did a Cult Classic report/list and DD was towards the top of the list and I happen to agree. I think the movie was unique and well acted and written. I see what you're saying that it didn't stay with you, I think a lot of people felt that way, I just happen to feel different.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Spirited Away. It's probably my favourite Studio Ghibli film.

Jayson, if you watch it with the view that you're watching a fairy tale it will make more sense...or by simply being a fairy tale, it bypasses the need to make sense at all

Traveler flea is on a distinguished road flea's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blade Runner without a doubt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast