Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe (spoilers too)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

who told *scowls*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, who enjoyed "Brown Betty" the other night? I knew the producers were planning an episode like that, so I was able to enjoy it rather than get upset and start acusing it of being filler, non-canon, etc. I enjoyed the episode, but maybe it would've fit better in the middle of the season, rather than near the season finale?

With only 3 episodes left (1 more and the finale parts 1 and 2, though 3 seperate weeks), I'm thinking we need to speed things up a bit.

Walter's singing corpses made my night, FYI.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have to put myself in the hated-it camp. Complete waste of time...even though I did chuckle at the singing corpses - for about 2 seconds. But I always feel that way about any fantasy or dream type of episode of any show. Just hate them.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I thought it was brilliant. It wasn't a holodeck episode, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation, where the noir musical had nothing to do with the forward plot. Walter's story was the perfect metaphor for exactly what's going on in the entire series. Walter did steal Peter's heart-and it remains to be seen whether Peter will acknowledge Walter's sacrifice and give a piece of his heart back.

I loved the mix of period noir with anachronisms like cell phones, computers and laser rays. Broyles got some of the best noir lines: Did you actually mean "hello" or were you just stringing me along?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

who knew Broyles could sing....was a cool episode in my opinion. i like when they add stuff like that. kinda like the Xena and Buffy episodes with the singing.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was a little taken aback when Walter started singing Tears for Fears, but then I got into it!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

the ending of this weeks episode was one of those episodes where you think one thing is going to happen and boom something totally different happens. although i get the feeling that it is going to go the way that Supernatural did and they go from city to city to find things they are looking for. although i did like the fact that
    Spoiler:
    "Mr. Secretary." turned out to be alternate Walter Bishop
    wonder if they
    Spoiler:
    will put the two fathers together in the end
    and if that is the reason they are trying to break into this reality

Martha Plimpton was awesome as the local cop. There's acting and there's acting.

I suspected the identity of Mr. Secretary a while back. Should make for some interesting developments.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I suspected the identity of Mr. Secretary a while back.
    Same. But when he was revealed last episode, I had forgotten my theory, which made for a nice suprise and a real "goosebumps" moment.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I was like...WOOOOO I totally didn't expect that. Poor Peter.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Did you notice the US map on the wall of Mr. Secretary's office last night? There was no California!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

I didn't catch that!!!

I thought part one of the finale was pretty decent. I have to admit it was a little weird at first, though. I wasn't sure if i had missed something, and for a second i thought i was watching Heroes (what with the team of Bell and Bishop test kids).

And is it just me, or was the cancer guy kind of annoying? His line to Walter was bullsh*t. Something along the lines of "i should kill you where you stand" or some such nonsense. Really? How much time has gone by since they captured this dude? All of a sudden he's a bad ass? I was annoyed by him.

Anyway. I thought the alt-universe was pretty excellent. done well. And i also believe that both Walternate and alt-wifey are setting up Peter, using him, for whatever this end-of-the-world scenario is all about. It was pretty touching when Peter saw his mom again, but you know she's hiding something...

can't wait for the 2nd part.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i was kinda peeved that when the trial-special people died. how they going to get back now...and yes it is kinda sad that peter's real dad is sacrificing him for world domination.

Country
    Country Flag

Was it me or did the season finale seem...incomplete? I know it's supposed to be a cliffhanger, but come on; a very small portion of what was addressed in pt. 1 had hardly any importance. Peter being used to destory the universe--how? why? significance? Where's the intelligent commentary and answers from William Bell (besides the answer as to why he took out pieces of Walter's brain...which was a good explanation)? Huh?

Also, I liked the ending, but I kind of saw it coming from the moment our Olivia dyed her hair. I feel it was too much like the finale of season 1.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I loved the finale. I guessed what was going on with Olivia as soon as the camera cut away before she threw the hand grenade. It sets up some terrific possibilities for next season. It also makes an interesting parallel with Olivia's situation at the beginning of the series, where her boyfriend was a traitor.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Last night I wathced the finale. It is amazing to come here and read everything without thinking about spoilers.
    White Tulip and Brown Betty are my favorite episodes so far. Gene's appearance in Brown Betty was awesome. I utterly love Walter.
    And, Walternate gives me goosebumps.
    I think first season finale was better but I liked this one as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Last night I wathced the finale. It is amazing to come here and read everything without thinking about spoilers.
    White Tulip and Brown Betty are my favorite episodes so far. Gene's appearance in Brown Betty was awesome. I utterly love Walter.

Melike! You made it!

Glad that you were able to avoid spoilers.

I agree that the first season finale was better. In my opinion, season one as a whole was better than two, though. I feel like that they just couldn't make up their minds where they wanted to go this season, and they just went everywhere. I guess the word I'd use would be somewhat "disorganized".
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Melike! You made it!

Glad that you were able to avoid spoilers.

I agree that the first season finale was better. In my opinion, season one as a whole was better than two, though. I feel like that they just couldn't make up their minds where they wanted to go this season, and they just went everywhere. I guess the word I'd use would be somewhat "disorganized".
    How couldn't it be! William Bell! That was awesome.
    Ricky, what is your favorite episodes from first season and second season? Who is your favorite character?

I must admit that I loved the second season so much. I have always been a kind of person who does only care about the stories and more than that about the characters, not the endings or where the stories are headed to.

Isn't Walter amazing? He is the coolest, cutest character I have ever seen.

Here are screenshots of Gene in Brown Betty:

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I thought it was brilliant. It wasn't a holodeck episode, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation, where the noir musical had nothing to do with the forward plot. Walter's story was the perfect metaphor for exactly what's going on in the entire series. Walter did steal Peter's heart-and it remains to be seen whether Peter will acknowledge Walter's sacrifice and give a piece of his heart back.

I loved the mix of period noir with anachronisms like cell phones, computers and laser rays. Broyles got some of the best noir lines: Did you actually mean "hello" or were you just stringing me along?
    Absolutely! That is why it is one of my favorite episodes.

Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, what is your favorite episodes from first season and second season? Who is your favorite character?

I must admit that I loved the second season so much. I have always been a kind of person who does only care about the stories and more than that about the characters, not the endings or where the stories are headed to.

Hmm...favorite characters? I would have to say Walter and Olivia. But they're all so compelling in their own ways, so it's really hard to choose!

Here are some of my favorite episodes:

In Which We Meet Mr. Jones
    Ability
    Grey Matters
    Peter
    White Tulip
    The Arrival
    Bad Dreams
    There's More Than One of Everything
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Hmm...favorite characters? I would have to say Walter and Olivia. But they're all so compelling in their own ways, so it's really hard to choose!

Here are some of my favorite episodes:

In Which We Meet Mr. Jones
    Ability
    Grey Matters
    Peter
    White Tulip
    The Arrival
    Bad Dreams
    There's More Than One of Everything
    These are great. I also loved The Dreamscape. Death brought by butterflies was very poetic.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hello all

Ok, just finished watching the season 2 finale last night, and i agree that i saw the end coming when she died her hair. I also agree that it felt skimmed, they have spent the whole season building up to this and it felt awfully unloved

one part i have issue with, Olivia was supposed to be the gateway to get them back? yes? well if that was true, how did AltOlivia know what to do? she has apparantley only just found out about the Alt universe, so how come she knew how to get them back? I know William Bell was supposed to give his life to provide the energy, but at the end of the day it was supposed to be Olivia that took them back across?

What was a strange feeling for me was all the way through season 1 and 2, Olivia (so i thought) was not my favourite character. But when the camera cut to her in the dark room i felt really upset for her, and wanted to the next season to START NOW god damn it you cant just leave her there!!! so i feel the writers did a bloody brilliant job with that.

There is more, but i want to savour the end for a while. (also i have no other programmes to watch now!!!)

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed the finale candy; I agree with you that the end was predictable. Now that the alt-universe has been introduced and we've actually been there now, I wonder if that's what the majority of season 3 will focus on since Olivia is trapped there and Walternate is doing something involving destroying the non-alt world. Speaking of which, was the "resolution" to that plotline totally unsatisfactory to you too?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that plotline is intended to be fully resolved, just postponed indefinitely. I think a lot of next season is going to be about how Walter can figure out a way to save the other universe without sacrificing ours. Understanding how Peter and the device on the other side would have fixed things would be the first natural place for him to begin his research. Then Alt-Olivia will end up falling for everything about her new identity and will join Walter and Peter to execute their plan, which will consist of fixing the other universe while rescuing the real Olivia at the same time. Then Alt-Olivia will die saving the real Olivia to remove herself as the plot-complication that can only last so long. That's my prediction, at least.
    Heng Dai

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Four more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast