Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Peter Straub to write Vertigo Original Graphic Novel

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Peter Straub to write Vertigo Original Graphic Novel

I may be the only one here who cares, but apparently DC has signed acclaimed horror novelist Peter Straub to write an original graphic novel, The Green Woman. I'm a fan of Straub's, personally, and I think this is way cool.

With Stephen King's The Dark Tower going on and the news that they're going to do a manga series based on Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas, it seems like this is certainly the era for horror novelists to crack into comics.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Thanks for letting us know, Blake.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Gotta earn my stripes somehow, right?

There's a short story about it over at Newsarama if you want a few more details.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very much so and I will also add that to the page.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

That's awesome. I love most Vertigo stuff.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    With Stephen King's The Dark Tower going on and the news that they're going to do a manga series based on Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas, it seems like this is certainly the era for horror novelists to crack into comics.

And it's about time. Orson Scott Card, while not horror, is also in the comics game now. Modern comics are finally good to read.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    I may be the only one here who cares, but apparently DC has signed acclaimed horror novelist Peter Straub to write an original graphic novel, The Green Woman. I'm a fan of Straub's, personally, and I think this is way cool.

Peter Straub is the only author who literally had me jump out of my skin. I was reading Ghost story and got so into it that when my Grandmother snuck up behind me, i amost hit the ceiling. No other author had ever affected me that way.

Country
    Country Flag

But will you get his comic?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure as hell going to try.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket