Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: It - Let's Discuss! *SPOILERS*

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aside from the DT books, IT is my absolute fave. For me, it was the way King wrapped my childhood into all those kids. I could relate to each and every one of them. Always the outcast, yet still part of a small tet.

It just speaks to me.

King makes heroes out of the most unlikely people. IT is his best example!

Oh, and it scared the shit out of me and I was 35!!!

The sex scene was odd, I agree.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I was about the same age as Monte when I read IT. I remember having a dream that was so scary one night that I literally fell out of my bed.
    I am friggin thankful that I never had any IT dreams...I probably would have pee'd the bed.

I did have a DT dream once recently. It was awesome! I was part of the tet.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    For me, it was the way King wrapped my childhood into all those kids. I could relate to each and every one of them. Always the outcast, yet still part of a small tet.

It just speaks to me.

King makes heroes out of the most unlikely people. IT is his best example!
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    King captured the oddities and charm of childhood beautifully in this story; and who could be more unlikely heroes than some snot nosed kids?

"The Body" is another great childhood story from King.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ladysai and Needful I agree completely! The Body is one of my favourite short stories ever, not just from King's work, but any author.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

What Darkthoughts said.

Traveler tl1233 is on a distinguished road tl1233's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have to agree with everythin thats been said i thought this thread would trash it for bein too long
    im rereading it right now only read grey matter the other day where a bangor hydroelectric employee sees a spider with kids in its web in the sewers sound familiar :p
    i love this book as has been said one of the few books that actually draws a shiver out of me mostly in the derry interludes where in the middle of a story mike will ask aboot the clown and they always say somethin that gets ma blood runnin cold
    i liked the lovecraft influences eg nobody can see it or believe them,henrys hair goin white and the fact hes been drove insane
    always wonder if it would be an old one a alien from an another dimension that falls to earth b4 man

Along the Path of the Beam glm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tl1233 View Post
    henrys hair goin white
    That only happened in the movie.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1233 View Post
    henrys hair goin white
    That only happened in the movie.
    Really?
    Hm. I am misremembering.
    It's been ages since I read this one.
    Time to reread.

John F. Kennedy Archangel(tjk) is on a distinguished road Archangel(tjk)'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Something interesting

So here is a new twist, what does everybody think about the CK declaring himself the eater of worlds in Long Road home series. What are we to assume out of that? Is PennyWise the CK on the Derry level of the tower?

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    It was the scariest book I've ever read. I was a wreck reading that every night. *shiver*

The only other King book to freak me out was that one part in The Shining

Spoiler:
    when the Topiaries started moving
    That scared me too!!! I was terrified..

I JUST finished reading It like 5 mins ago and it didn't scare me as much as it made me want to throw up sometimes. I wasn't bothered by the kids having sex either... Bev knew that they had to do it to bring them all back together. I liked the story very much and I was even surprised that they killed It. I thought for sure that Ben would have missed one of the eggs or something It also makes me happy to think that Ben and Bev will finally be together like they should since he loved her best and the longest.

I was shocked at all the things in this story that related to other King stories.. Pennywise sent Christine to come pick Henry up and take him to the Derry Home...

I also thought it ended where it should of. It wouldn't be nice to think that Audra stayed catatonic forever... even though she shouldn't have came I liked her cuz she loved Bill so much... I can't express my relief at Tom dying without even a whole lot of drama.. we just come upon him in the lair lying in a hump... and honestly I think it was a relief to Eddie to have died. I think he was the only one of the ka-tet (if you'll allow) that could not have gone on and been happy. The life that he was living at home was a kind of hell that he hadn't been able to pull himself out of. May sound a lil insensitive but I think he died satisfied. And Jake says that's all we need right?

So overall I was more than satisfied with the book. Worlds better than the movie... Anyone think that Other was supposed to be Sai King Himself?

John F. Kennedy Archangel(tjk) is on a distinguished road Archangel(tjk)'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dont judge to Quickly

I was even surprised that they killed It.
    Don't be to sure of that. In DreamCatcher, the main character(while possessed by Mr. Gray, maybe the same kind of Gray of Robert Gray fame from IT) pass the remains of the Derry Standpipe, where they see a monument erected by the Losers Club to the all the children that died. But it has been vandalized with the words "PennyWise Lives!!"
    So.....is PennyWise really dead???

Country
    Country Flag

errmmmmm... i'd forgotten about that, but also.... the Losers didn't erect a monument in It.. they just went off and forgot about each other, but idk.. and I wondered about Ister Gay too in Dreamcatcher, but he seemed like he was really an alien... maybe it's on another level of the Tower?

Gunslinger Apprentice ZGDK is on a distinguished road ZGDK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT was awesome. I have no problems with the sex scene but I don't get it. Was it to show that they are all unified? The climax dragged on to much for me. I just wanted to get to the final battle. Otherwise awesome story.

Country
    Country Flag

You know I always found it interesting that the monument isn't talked about in IT. Could it be that PennyWise himself put it there? or Mike did and just didnt remember it?
    If you remember right IT is an alien as well. IT comes from outerspace or rather the Prim, but there is nothing in Dreamcatcher that would say the aliens in there are not from the Prim also

Country
    Country Flag

I really think Dreamcatcher should be considered connected to the Tower.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I just didn't consider It an alien in the same sense as the ones in Dreamcatcher.. it said that It came from outerspace, but It was something that was there in the beginning.. before the universe began right? Because there was It and the Turtle and the Turtle sicked up the universe. and when Richie and Mike had the vision they saw that It didn't really come in a spaceship... I got the idea that It sort of came through a thinny, but I'm not sure that's right either. But I agree that It is from the Prim.. but in that I thought that It was the only of Its kind...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    I guess I just didn't consider It an alien in the same sense as the ones in Dreamcatcher.. it said that It came from outerspace, but It was something that was there in the beginning.. before the universe began right? Because there was It and the Turtle and the Turtle sicked up the universe. and when Richie and Mike had the vision they saw that It didn't really come in a spaceship... I got the idea that It sort of came through a thinny, but I'm not sure that's right either. But I agree that It is from the Prim.. but in that I thought that It was the only of Its kind...
    BUT remember the part when it says IT is of a dying race? What's this dying race?

Country
    Country Flag

ooooo forgot that part... that would explain why it even had eggs.. that bothered me... but at the same time It suggested that It believed Itself to be alone... that's why it was so afraid of some Other. something else suggested that It may not have died.. when Mike wrote how the Chief Rademacher died.. but then again Derry started to die... which lead me to believe that It was the reason that Derry thrived the way it did...

Epiphany! What if It is more than one you know? Like the Grays in Dreamcatcher and Robert Gray (which is not feminine at all) all share one mind, but can use different bodies and stuff.. like the aliens in Star Trek.. (my bf will be so impressed that i remembered sort of)... It is one but also many... make sense?

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to say this for risk of a spoiler from the Long Road Home Comics so I will spoiler alert it.
    Spoiler:
    The Crimson King introduces himself as the Eater of Worlds
    This would definitely add an element to the story as IT is not alone his dying race is the same as the CK.

Country
    Country Flag

mmhmmm.... could It maybe be the CK on a balcony of the Tower?? (haha i find that funny since CK was marooned on a balcony) i've just heard that the balconies are supposed to be other alternates...

Country
    Country Flag

Big question: What race is The Crimson King and It? My belif is that the Great Old Ones or the were-spiders evolved from human beings but what about CK? He's a shapeshifter. So what is he?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ZGDK View Post
    Big question: What race is The Crimson King and It? My belif is that the Great Old Ones or the were-spiders evolved from human beings but what about CK? He's a shapeshifter. So what is he?
    he's the descendant of a were-spider [The Crimson Queen] and a human [Arthur Eld]

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, Pennywise, Rose Madder and Perse appear to all be of the same race as the CK and CQ.

Country
    Country Flag

I might be opening myself up for this one but who is Perse?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Perse is from Duma Key

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast