Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    2. My very first SK book was a copy of the collection that has "The Body" and "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redeption" in it. I had it for years, carried it to the gulf and then lost it somewhere along the way. Pocket paperback reprinting I'm sure. I think "Breathing Method" is in that one too.
    Error on my part. I meant to ask what was the first SK book that you read. Sorry!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem, it just gives me another chance to be chatty

The first SK book I read was The Shining--loved it. I was among those who were disappointed by the movie because while Jack did it well, he wasn't the character that King wrote.

Like he was never the Joker imo

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good, becacuse your response just sparked another question that I have.

The Shining is one of m favorites. Being that The Shining was your first, what was your overall reaction once finishing? Did you enjoy to because of Jack or the overall plot? What grabbed me into it was that Jack was
    Spoiler:
    "becoming part of the hotel.

Did you have previous exposure to SK before then?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not have any exposure before that and the part that got me the most was the fact that he was so reluctant. He tried so hard to dismiss what was happening and it got him anyway...seemed so real.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post

And suspecting your answer will be, how do you suppose the site has made it so long without a Jigglyhoohaha thread?
    2. I really don't know how we have gone so long with out it. I'm thinking it needs to come back at some point and then all the ladies need to get into white wife beaters and fall over a running hose.
    Well???? Hannah, dear, are you volunteering to start?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Matt, all these Q&A's are just making me love everyone even more. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet you and Dora one day too...2010 maybe? Or hopefully if I don't blow my savings account money then 2009 in Maine!!

I have another question...

How did someone so passive and non confrontational get along in the army? You seem to be the polar opposite to everything the army represents to me.
    If not 2009, 2010 for sure. I've promised to take Dora to Europe for years and that seems like a great time to do it.

I had to think about your question for a bit before I answered because its a really good one.

Me and the military were very much like oil and water on many levels. I joined in an effort to "square myself away" because I was not good at getting up in the morning to go to my meaningless jobs. It was much easier to get high and wait for a welfare check.

So when my 3rd kid was on the way, I decided I wanted to do something that mattered, that made me feel good as a person and I also really needed someone to kick me in the ass. There is no "not showing up for work" in the Army and I think, in that way, it was very good for me and can also be very good for much of America's youth.

So I went in for a paycheck and then it turned into so much more than that for me. One of the great things about the military is that it teaches you there are things more important than "self". For generations, we have had young men and women sacrifice themselves for an idea. Not a conflict, an idea that is the US and what it stands for. I personally believe the idea is a good one (even if it gets clouded by self interest) and its worth defending.

I also believe that citizens of a country have a right to feel good about it even though it isn't always perfect. Each of our countries have done the wrong thing in the past and are probably doing the wrong thing right now but I've always said its like a brother who is a drunk. Even though you hate him sometimes, he is still family and you don't like the idea of someone punching him in the face.

But one of the most amazing experiences I had in the military was the people. They are stereotyped in a way that is not accurate imo. Sure, some are basically psycho's but the vast majority are people who want to be involved in something that matters. In taking care of an idea that is more than just dandelion fluff on the wind...its concrete and real and makes a difference in the world no matter how small. That matters imo and it always will.

So, for me, the military was one of the best experiences of my life and I'm really glad I didn't have to shoot someone. But that's the funny part, soldiers don't fight for a cause, they fight for each other and only when they have to (in most cases). I believe I would have done the same if the situation came up.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so sigging part of that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's Matt?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Matt, no questions, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your thread, more currently your post giving your perspective of your time in the military.

Thanks for spearheading TDT.com too! But you already know how much I appreciate that.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Matt, we really love you for starting the site! Where would I waste 99% of my day if it didn't exist?

And, a question:

What is your favorite hangout in Denver?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, thanks for answering that question. Your answer made me think about the military in a different light

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hey Matt, no questions, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your thread, more currently your post giving your perspective of your time in the military.

Thanks for spearheading TDT.com too! But you already know how much I appreciate that.
    Thank you Patrick. The site and its members mean the world to me, I'm just glad I can be here doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yeah Matt, we really love you for starting the site! Where would I waste 99% of my day if it didn't exist?

And, a question:

What is your favorite hangout in Denver?
    Right now, its at Hannah and Aaron's place. We have such an amazing time together and its great to know a person can still have true friends in this world. I've known the two of them for about 4 years now and its only getting better. Second would be the comic store or Joe's Crab Shack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Matt, thanks for answering that question. Your answer made me think about the military in a different light
    Thanks Lisa, that really means a lot to me.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am late like usual but it doesn't scare me.
    Here I am and my questions.

If you could get rid of one object from your home what would it be?

Can you ride a horse?

Did you ever want to become a TV star?

Did you always want to have a big family?

How good is your memory?

If you won a camel would you accept it?

What was your first as a kid?

I have many more questions in my pocket but I must read all your answers before to be sure they haven't been asked yet.
    See you a bit later.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am late like usual but it doesn't scare me.
    Here I am and my questions.

If you could get rid of one object from your home what would it be?

Can you ride a horse?

Did you ever want to become a TV star?

Did you always want to have a big family?

How good is your memory?

If you won a camel would you accept it?

What was your first as a kid?

I have many more questions in my pocket but I must read all your answers before to be sure they haven't been asked yet.
    See you a bit later.
    You are a shining star in my life Letti, I am so pleased to know you.

1. It would be the shitty carpet for sure, I don't like the color and it is all around nasty. We have ripped up most of it but we still have the one main room to go. After that, my broken oven, but that's new to the list.

2. I have ridden a horse one time in my life. Didn't really like it much. Horses kind of scare me, they look really smart, have big heads and terrible metal feet.

3. Not really on TV but I have always wanted to be in the spotlight somehow. I think its a personality type, we'll call it "chatty bitch syndrome"...but I just have always loved being the center of attention. I'm much better about it now.

4. I have wanted to be a father for as long as I can remember. I think it was because my dad was such a good one. When I had to take on all my kids by myself, I got much more than I bargained for. Even though I am very close to being done now, raising children has been one of the best experiences of my life. I love that they are adults almost.

5. I always tell my kids..."I don't remember that way" I have a great memory for somethings like birthdays and anniversaries but never for names. The kids always expect me to remember some friend from years ago and I tell them after the parade of teenagers through the house...its impossible. I think my memory problems are mostly due to a mis spent youth and not paying attention as much as I should.

6. Wow! that is an interesting question. I would have to say "no" to the camel but only because I'm in the process of shedding dependents

7. My first as a kid? I'm not sure what you mean but I will say I was the first kid in my family to take a plane ride.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... I would have to say "no" to the camel but only because I'm in the process of shedding dependents
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that was a damn good answer.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Matt! You mentioned you'd like to be a comedian; please tell us a joke.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am very much a visual comedian. I'm a weird looking guy which turns out funny I hope.

So its more of a routine but I do have one about long term relationships.

Basically how no matter how good you are together, your 3-6 "moves" start to wear thin. So inevitably people are told to be honest with each other about what they want.

That leads to some mis communication...so it turns into a lesson on how to build fine wood furniture that she mostly teaches...

**while making a circular motion as with sandpaper*

Her: "okay, that's good, but go a little faster...no, too fast...that's AGAINST THE GRAIN!!"

"just get the mallet...okay, now hit it...harder, hit it harder I said...what's the matter with you?...HIT IT"

**pounding motions**

Me: "Oh yeah, that's the stuff, I'm hitting it so good"

Her: "To Hard!! Nevermind, I'll do it myself"

That's just one of them--stuff about building a fence too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have got to see you on stage, Matt.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick

Its much funnier when I'm doing it (hopefully)--I thought about making a youtube video so I could get honest opinions on it...there's much more to it than that.

From what I've learned (from corporate teaching), its not what you say as much as how you say it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I lovelovelove reading this thread. Thank you for the kickass answers.

I missed a word from my last questions *silly me* so here it is again:
    What was your first word as a kid?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    What was your first word as a kid?
    obviously, it was "Let there be light"

only a few decades passed... and here we are!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

And some more:

1. What's your oldest memory from your childhood?

2. Who was your first love?

3. What do you expect from a good friend?

4. Can you trust people easily?

5. What's the most beautiful sentence to you on Earth?

6. How good are you at forgiving?

7. What do you think the hardest thing about being a woman is?

8. Do you like doing the washing-up?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Letti, delightful as ever, go on.. please Matt this is so fun!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot wait to see his answer to question 7.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast