Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mist

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually went and bought the movie tie-in PB even though I have several copies of Skeleton Crew.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

devotion right there

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I read The Mist two days ago in preparation.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to read it again as well, I wonder if they have it on audio at any of my libraries.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just reread it about a week or two ago.

It is available on audio with a full cast Matt.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

now that sounds pretty fun. I've never done a full on production audio thing so I might check that out.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands_Father View Post
    Is it true that the person that directed The Swashank Redemption and The Green Mile will direct the mist?????
    Yes, Frank Darabont is the guy.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This really IS starting to look good...

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    now that sounds pretty fun. I've never done a full on production audio thing so I might check that out.
    The audio version is fantastic Matt. I still have it on cassette somewhere. The Mist in 3-D audio...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

More clips:
    MTV
    Yahoo with comments by Frank Darabont

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Only six days left

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow.................can't wait!

YES HOOORAY!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King interview on MTV

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

very Cool RF

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Review of The Mist by James Berardinelli. JB, IMO, does very good reviews. No significant spoilers.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Another awesome post RF Thanks

IT'S TODAY

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The first showing in my area is at 12:45 this afternoon. My daughter and I are going.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer rated The Mist as a "D"--a poor rating. They really panned the acting.

I'm going anyway, and plan to enjoy myself!

John

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Most people outside of the King fan circle, don't like his movies. But, what do they know

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am taking my daughter to the show here at ~2:15 pm.
    My paper (SF Chronicle) gave it a good reveiew.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer rated The Mist as a "D"--a poor rating. They really panned the acting.
    Damn, since I always goes to The Cleveland Plain Dealer (or The CPD for those of us fans) for their opinions on all the movies I'm interested in, I guess I won't be seeing this movie.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've seen it. I'd give it a B or B+. The ending is VERY down, and nothing like the book. I don't think I liked it very much. The movie itself, and especially Marsha Gay Hardin, was good. The special effects were okay, but the interactions of the characters was done nicely. It's extremely gory, and I would never take a child to see it.

Just my two cents worth!

(By the way, the review in The Plain Dealer was by Roger Moore and originally published in the Orlando Sentinal.)

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Most people outside of the King fan circle, don't like his movies. But, what do they know
    Well stated sir!

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

I just finished the book two weeks ago, I think im going to see the movie tonight, However, I dont want to be dissappointed. I saw in the trailer a bunch of soldiers with flame throwers and that is not in the book, i just hope that hollywood doesnt try to pull a fast one on us.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast